Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Honestly, it as if DC wants their former old school fans to hate them and embrace their new school ones.
    No, they just want fans embrace new ideas and not hold on to it, like Winxp when win7 exist.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

The new expanded DCU is going to have pockets but they all exist within the same universe.

A. The current continuation of titles from Nu52 - Superman, Batman, JLA - the cash cow
    B. cutting edge reinterpretations, modeled after popular Batgirl and Harley Quinn soft reboots, like Black Canary and Midnighter
    C. retro pre-FP titles / worlds like Thunderworld - Shazam, Charlton heroes
    Engaging discussion of comics 10 years old or older http://classiccomics.boards.net

Great idea and I'm glad they've clarified so much.

I don't see any reason to complain. There's great creative teams, great characters and the promise of stories that writers WANT TO TELL, at this point haters are just biased and stubborn.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    No, they just want fans embrace new ideas and not hold on to it, like Winxp when win7 exist.
    I"m willing to embrace new ideas, but the way they do it just doesn't work for me.
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 03-10-2015 at 08:07 AM.

I wouldn't assume they won't do pre-FP stuff but are waiting to see if Convergence presents any breakaway successes. It would be premature for them to run with something right now, when they could wait another two months and have the results of seeing which properties actually inspire sales in fans and which don't.
    Last edited by the green death; 03-10-2015 at 08:37 AM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I'm pretty excited about a lot of this stuff.

More creative freedom for creators is almost always a good thing. Catering to a variety of tastes and sensibilities is a wise move. And an obsessive attachment to continuity has not done us a lot of favors over the years, so that's a welcome change.

WHy don't they just say that they KILLED the Pre Flashpoint world and get it over with. I mean what's the point besides one last nostalgia ride through DCU history if it isn't going to affect the new 52 going forward ?
    They may not be saying that because that may not be what they've done at all.

I may be wrong, but didn't Didio say that all the ramifications of Convergence wouldn't be immediately apparent? I could've sworn he said something to the effect of "We may do more with these other Earths from Convergence, but first we need to see what the fan interest in those other Earths is." Basically? Until Convergence is actually out and being bought, DC can't plan to do anything with pre-Flashpoint worlds until they get to look at the sales figures.

Final point? How do you know that the pre-Flashpoint Earths won't affect the New 52? Maybe Superman, after meeting his earlier incarnations, comes to recognize that he wants to be more like them. God, do I ever hope that New 52 Wonder Woman may meet her past selves and resolve to change herself to better reflect them! Maybe some characters from pre-Flashpoint Earths will remain in the New 52 and bring some of that flavor to the universe.

There's still plenty of ways that the pre-Flashpoint DCU may live on. I don't think Didio or Lee said anything to suggest that they're completely throwing away anything.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

starman869

The new ideas do sound interesting,but how many times are we going to have the same people who screwed up the entire line steer it in yet another direction. I have absolutely no confidence left that DC has a clue what it's doing and I'm done with them until there's some kind of management change.

DC is never going to admit they messed up. That isn't how you market yourself. I mean we all knew immediately the forced 5 year time line was a horrible idea, but they clearly thought it would make their line more accessible. All it did was completely ruin continuity as no one really knew what happened and when it happened. Though I guess part of that can be attributed to them calling the reboot a "relaunch" in the beginning and not wanting to come out and say "x story or x character doesn't exist" for a while into the reboot. At least now they are moving away from that old approach and adopting a more Marvel look at continuity. Where it isn't so ridged.

I"m willing to embrace new ideas, but the way they do it just doesn't work for me.
    Sorry it doesn't but they're aiming a variety of different taste.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Astonishing Member

This all sounds pretty good. DC has always published some real gems on the fringe since the New 52 started, but it's about time they wholly embrace the "story over continuity" philosophy. That they're bent on giving us creative diversity is exactly what I want to hear. I really wish my comics budget and general interest in superhero comics weren't at an all time low like they are right now, because this all sounds great. I guess I'll just have to trade wait the majority of this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lexor7 View Post
    JIM LEE says, "It was really weird when we launched the New 52 -- there were so many fans focused on, "What happened between the five years, when this character showed up, and this character" -- it almost overshadowed what the original intent of it was, which was basically to put a fresh face on the universe, boldly go forward, tell new stories."

Oh...so turns out WE were the problem all along??? Well why didn't you tell us to just shut up instead of dedicating a full month to zero issues, a full year to Batman stories set prior to even the 5 year gap, and loading up your fresh faced universe with contradictory story elements (like was Tim Drake ever Robin and was Superman ever killed by Doomsday, etc) that served to leave dedicated fans scratching their heads in confusion due to info put in front of us by your teams. Had DC ever really, fully committed themselves to a line wide reboot (including Batman and Green Lantern) and started fresh from day one, I think the New 52 could have been everything they hoped for and more. But they didn't and that left them with a mess. I'm glad they're taking some actions finally to address the concerns and am actually excited to sample some of their new output.

But don't blame us for what you served us up over these past +3 years.
    But, don't you see, it was WE who, in issue 1 of Red Hood and the Outlaws, wrote Roy asking Starfire about their shared history in the Titans, history that supposedly didn't happen anymore! Right?? Let's just own up to it!

To Dan and the Gang, it's NEVER them who screw ANYthing up. That might mean them taking FULL responsibility for their own stupid moves, and well, they sure can't have that. Instead, they always blame us whenever they're finally forced to make needed course corrections.

DC comics continues to be a very be like a very bad parody of dc comics. I have seen awful rip offs that represent their characters then new 52 or whats coming in june, Why I'm glad I continue not read dc. I wish this was first building step towards a return of a good and real DCU. Another step down dooming dc comics. It is nice for them to just try to tell stories but if characters are awful, stories are dumb, and feature garbage to late.

I'll probably check out the new Hellblazer; everyone involved in that book is rock solid and I've missed ConJob. I had my ears perked up for the new Midnighter book but, unfortunately, it sounds a lot like the old one -- let's put Apollo in the background so the target audience doesn't have to see Batman-Who-Kills acting too gay. So I'll give that one a pass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    You mean "like Winxp when Windows Vista exists."

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'll probably check out the new Hellblazer; everyone involved in that book is rock solid and I've missed ConJob. I had my ears perked up for the new Midnighter book but, unfortunately, it sounds a lot like the old one -- let's put Apollo in the background so the target audience doesn't have to see Batman-Who-Kills acting too gay. So I'll give that one a pass.
    Highly doubt it, Grayson fans have no problem with Midnighter acting gay in the Grayson series, so I doubt any one picking Midnighter's series would have a problem with it.