Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    moneyk07

Quote Originally Posted by Mhenry86 View Post
    But I wonder how many people will just jump to the conclusion: "I liked this the first time I heard it- last month in Spider-Gwen."
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

Always Rakzo

Black Canary sounds better and better every time I hear about it.

Wu should do a solid job but I think I would have prefered if Irene Koh was working here instead since I was pretty impressed with her work in Secret Origins #10.

Also, I hope BC is better than Spider-Gwen since I found the first issue of the latter kinda underwhelming.

I still can't believe im getting a Bitch Canary book. I wanted it, and it happened .

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

I'm all for more quirky, fun work for Fletcher. And I'm loving what I've seen of Wu's various art.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Couldn't they have snagged Nathan Edmondson and Phil Noto for this book?

Yes, I'm well aware Dinah is not Natasha; doesn't mean they couldn't have given me the BC book I want.
    If we're talking dream creative team for a more "real" BC title w/ pre-existing creative teams, I'd love to see Ruck and Checchetto take it on!
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mhenry86 View Post
    But I wonder how many people will just jump to the conclusion: "I liked this the first time I heard it- last month in Spider-Gwen."
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are saying, but didn't the new direction in Batgirl happen several months before Spider-Gwen?

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are saying, but didn't the new direction in Batgirl happen several months before Spider-Gwen?
    He means Black Canary

BANNED

Music + Martial arts= Black Canary?

I can't wait.

I never thought I'd like Batgirl but it ended up being great and the art only took an issue to grow on me. I hope the current creative team has a long run on the book and can do the same good work on Black Canary

BANNED

I have to admit when it comes to true second chances these people deliver in terms of storyline and art. I may not like the 52 idea and the lost of Oracle, but at least one thing still remains from the old Pre-New 52 world and that is the unique friendship between Black Canary and Barbara Gordon.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    If we're talking dream creative team for a more "real" BC title w/ pre-existing creative teams, I'd love to see Ruck and Checchetto take it on!
    Oooh, they'd be great too!!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

So she wears the fishnets as a stage costume and not just a costume she puts on

All-New Member

I'm super hyped about Black Canary, as this will be the first time I'm reading her since I had to drop New52 BoP. This is because, while I love Gotham Academy, Batgirl just doesn't work for me, in the slightest. Just to be clear, while I love the new direction DC is taking and the creators are great, Batgirl falls flat for me.