Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Great news. This movie was just a ton of fun! I hope it continues to do well the upcoming weeks.

Seriously people: Godzilla! Captain America! Days of Future Past and Guardians of the Galaxy coming up. A ton of comic book related TV shows also on the way. Is this a great time to be a geek or what?
    Amen to that brother! We're living in a sort of golden age for geek movies and shows. Rejoice my geek brethren!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'm surprised Godzilla did this well and this is coming from someone who actually enjoyed the 1998 version. I guess movies like Pacific Rim have reignited the monster movie genre. Must be why shows like Power Rangers are now getting renewed interest. I think this pretty much guarantees that we'll be getting a Godzilla sequel in about five years, if not sooner.
    I'm kind of surprised too, I assumed that this would be a flop since it felt like most movies that flop by which I mean that it's a big blockbuster type film but not done by someone like Michael Bay which while they're terible perform very well at the box office.

BANNED

I'm surprised Godzilla did this well and this is coming from someone who actually enjoyed the 1998 version. I guess movies like Pacific Rim have reignited the monster movie genre. Must be why shows like Power Rangers are now getting renewed interest. I think this pretty much guarantees that we'll be getting a Godzilla sequel in about five years, if not sooner.
    I'm surprised that it did so well , i'm guessing the power of marketing. Pacific Rim did not do that great in the US domestic box office at all ,it was the overseas market that helped make it do well.

I am 100% OK with the return of the giant monster movie.

Sooo howsabout a revival of the Marvel Giant Monsters? Eh? Fin Fang Foom, Devil Dinosaur, etc.?

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I'm glad it did well, but I'm even happier Cap 2 crossed the $700 million mark this weekend.

And back on topic, I hope we'll see another Godzilla film. I'm waiting to see this one but I'd always welcome more.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

BANNED

I would rather Toho do their own franchise.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    I'm surprised that it did so well , i'm guessing the power of marketing. Pacific Rim did not do that great in the US domestic box office at all ,it was the overseas market that helped make it do well.
    And Godzilla has been pretty well ingrained in US pop culture, even if he hasn't had a movie released stateside since Godzilla 2000 in 2000. In my eye, this certainly helped the King compared to Pacific Rim .

BANNED

Good for her. I'm waiting for the Godzooky spinoff.

1381995_778113202914_1934951918_n.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    And Godzilla has been pretty well ingrained in US pop culture, even if he hasn't had a movie released stateside since Godzilla 2000 in 2000. In my eye, this certainly helped the King compared to Pacific Rim .
    This. Godzilla got by due to good marketing and the fact that he's a household name.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tomppa View Post
    Amen to that brother! We're living in a sort of golden age for geek movies and shows. Rejoice my geek brethren!

I'm kind of surprised too, I assumed that this would be a flop since it felt like most movies that flop by which I mean that it's a big blockbuster type film but not done by someone like Michael Bay which while they're terible perform very well at the box office.
    This is a good time for it. Enjoy this moment while you still can.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    This. Godzilla got by due to good marketing and the fact that he's a household name.
    Those factors didn't help the 1998 film very much. Sony/Tri-Star just blew it that time.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Those factors didn't help the 1998 film very much. Sony/Tri-Star just blew it that time.

The 1998 film actually opened up pretty well for back in the day. Made 77 million in its first week. And 99 million in its first 2 weeks. It just didnt have any legs.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    The 1998 film actually opened up pretty well for back in the day. Made 77 million in its first week. And 99 million in its first 2 weeks. It just didnt have any legs.
    It had spindly ones: good enough for a short, quick burst, but not for going the distance.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    It had spindly ones: good enough for a short, quick burst, but not for going the distance.

Which brings up a good point. Is this Godzilla a long distance runner or a sprinter I am assuming hes long distance since looks like WB has already given the go ahead for a sequel

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Which brings up a good point. Is this Godzilla a long distance runner or a sprinter I am assuming hes long distance since looks like WB has already given the go ahead for a sequel
    This one doesn't run: it STOMPS, ponderously, unstoppably...a juggernaut.

Extraordinary Member

you know you want it.
    Last edited by Deadxman; 05-19-2014 at 11:15 AM.