Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Another awesome character with massive untapped potential. I don't think DC realizes the potential in some of their characters. A Blue and Gold series would be nice.

So great to see Booster today, two Boosters even! I've missed him and his very shiny suit.

Problem is, I want to know what happens next and it looks like we won't find out until April? At least we'll be getting the adventures of disco-collar Booster in JL3000 starting December.

I swear that suit creates its own lens flare O___O. Since this thread needs more appreciation I wondered if anyone would like to share what got them to like the character or at least some favorite moments. This is my first post on the DC thread since I haven't been a big fan of new 52 and the way *cough* there wasn't a decent closure on certain titles *cough* specifically Booster Gold. Regardless I am looking forward to what is happening next. Hopefully it lives up to it. Crossing my fingers here.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I swear that suit creates its own lens flare O___O. Since this thread needs more appreciation I wondered if anyone would like to share what got them to like the character or at least some favorite moments. This is my first post on the DC thread since I haven't been a big fan of new 52 and the way *cough* there wasn't a decent closure on certain titles *cough* specifically Booster Gold. Regardless I am looking forward to what is happening next. Hopefully it lives up to it. Crossing my fingers here.
    i think my dad bought me a couple of issues (same with blue beetle), and those were one pf the first comics i read. what got really me hoked was jli. the humor of the series was refreshing and witty.

Quote Originally Posted by sanderling View Post
    So great to see Booster today, two Boosters even! I've missed him and his very shiny suit.

Problem is, I want to know what happens next and it looks like we won't find out until April? At least we'll be getting the adventures of disco-collar Booster in JL3000 starting December.
    Where did you hear that we won't find out anything until April?

Quote Originally Posted by bobdog View Post
    Where did you hear that we won't find out anything until April?
    The various comic book news sites I've been reading all seem to imply Booster's Futures' End story is tied in to whatever event DC is having in April, so I was just assuming that might be when the story picks back up since I haven't heard about Booster appearing in anything else except JL3000 soon. I'd love to be wrong and see this storyline be integrated into the weekly or something.
    Last edited by sanderling; 09-25-2014 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sanderling View Post
    The various comic book news sites I've been reading all seem to imply Booster's Futures' End story is tied in to whatever event DC is having in April, so I was just assuming that might be when the story picks back up since I haven't heard about Booster appearing in anything else except JL3000 soon. I'd love to be wrong and see this storyline be integrated into the weekly or something.
    Oh, thank you. I also would like to see Booster integrated into something weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i think my dad bought me a couple of issues (same with blue beetle), and those were one pf the first comics i read. what got really me hoked was jli. the humor of the series was refreshing and witty.
    I was hoping the ball will get rolling after posting my question but regardless... I don't remember what it was that got me hooked to the character, then again that happens to a lot of characters I enjoy. All I know is that it just happened and I got hooked. I began to read JLI and looking at his earlier appearances to know how they started and see where they were going. I came a little late when I began to buy single issues since my first concern was graduating high school and getting into college; I didn't start until 2009 when collecting single issues. Not to mention the sweet freedom of going in and getting what I want, although my textbook and food budget suffered. It was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I was hoping the ball will get rolling after posting my question but regardless... I don't remember what it was that got me hooked to the character, then again that happens to a lot of characters I enjoy. All I know is that it just happened and I got hooked. I began to read JLI and looking at his earlier appearances to know how they started and see where they were going. I came a little late when I began to buy single issues since my first concern was graduating high school and getting into college; I didn't start until 2009 when collecting single issues. Not to mention the sweet freedom of going in and getting what I want, although my textbook and food budget suffered. It was worth it.
    Got hooked on the character reading Justice League International #8 in the 80s! Ted and Booster in Paris, Booster disastrously hitting on Catherine Cobert, Kevin Maguire's amazing facial expressions (plus the first Bwa ha ha)! I already loved Beetle at that point, but the friendship with those two just ignited in that issue and was such a joy to read. I still read that issue when I want something to make me laugh. I haven't always loved the pranks the writers have come up with for them over the years and they weren't always well-served by writers who didn't understand that they are at their most appealing when there is a little seriousness in there to balance all the goofy jokes, but these two guys are the best.

Like the photo where is it from?

Wasn't a huge fan of Smallville but I loved Eric Martsolf as Booster.

This sounds like a nice rumor. Hope it happens.

This Time-Traveling Superhero May Be Heading To The Flash

If there’s one thing we’ve learned from the months of interviews and promotions for The CW's The Flash, it’s that the show has access to a wide variety of characters in the DC Comics library. Whether it’s the villainous Rogues or fellow superhero Firestorm, there will be plenty of opportunities for the show to include unique and unusual characters from across the DC universe...and time is no obstacle! Recently, executive producer Geoff Johns said that an appearance from the future-born Booster Gold could happen.

“There’s no rights issues and quite honestly Andrew and Greg have a great Booster Gold script, and Booster Gold’s a beloved character, so I would say chances are good [he will appear]”

Johns and executive producer Andrew Kreisberg delved into other goodies that we’ll see on The Flash during their interview with MTV, but a possible Booster Gold appearance was by far the most interesting tease. One of the recurring elements in Flash stories has been time travel, whether it was taking a quick jog on the cosmic treadmill or trying to change history in Flashpoint. Including Booster Gold in the series makes a lot of sense, since his whole superhero history is rooted in time travel. A failure in the 25th century, he steals some tech from a superhero museum and travels back to the present to achieve fame and glory though superheroics. Compared to the dutiful Arrow and the moral Flash, a thrill-seeking hero would be a welcome change of pace.

One unique twist they could give to Booster’s story is have Flash be Booster’s inspiration. At some point, Barry will likely travel into the future, and the 25th century could be one of his destinations. After seeing Flash defeat a villain, Michael Jon Carter realizes that he can do more with his life as a superhero and travel back to Barry’s time. Oh sure, he’ll try harder to be famous at first, but over time he’ll learn what it truly means to be a hero. It’s the classic Booster Gold story!

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...ash-67701.html

BANNED