Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Velvet, #5

The first arc draws to a shattering conclusion.

Full article here.

Amazing stuff. "Sometimes the worst thing you can do to a spy is tell them the truth."...

It has been a great ride so far, both story and art. Hope it continues for a long time.

Can't wait! I think I'll re-read #1-4 Tuesday night.

By the way, is Epting on board as full-time artist, or will there be someone new for the next arc? I really love Epting's work on this and would hate to see that change.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post

By the way, is Epting on board as full-time artist, or will there be someone new for the next arc? I really love Epting's work on this and would hate to see that change.
    Epting is the permanent artist, as is Bettie on colors. Steve and I co-own the book, so there are no fill-in issues ever.

This is the best series out right now bar none.

I can hardly wait to get my greedy hands on this.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Awesome! Feel like we've been waiting for this issue for ever! This series has been terrific so far but I might need to reread the rest of the first arc before checking out #5.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

BANNED

Really really great book! I guess this means they're will be a month off between arcs but if it's to maintain this top notch quality it's worth it. One of the best comics it there.

One of the best comics on my pull list. Keep it up and i'll keep buying

This has been on my pull list from the beginning and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Ed, I signed up here on Comic Book Resources JUST so I could respond to your comment and say "Yes! Excellent!" I'd rather wait months between issues and/or arcs and get the amazing results we've had so far, instead of having fill-ins. Love the title!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nathanaaron View Post
    I'd rather wait months between issues and/or arcs and get the amazing results we've had so far, instead of having fill-ins. Love the title!!!
    I agree whole heartedly. Obviously, I wish we'd have an issue a week but I'd be willing to wait however long is necessary for the creative team to put out a product they feel is worthy.

I have a little saying since Captain America. In Bru and Epting I trust. I'd read literally anything by them. One of the greatest creative teams I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading.
    Last edited by Big Geek; 05-19-2014 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Brubaker View Post
    Epting is the permanent artist, as is Bettie on colors. Steve and I co-own the book, so there are no fill-in issues ever.

Great news! Id rather have a consistent run with the same a great artist even if that means having to wait between issues, love your work Ed

BANNED

I am so glad I gave this book a chance. I am not a spy enthusiast but Velvet is a great character and has kept my attention so far. I will enjoy learning about her hopefully for a few years. and the art!!