Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Batman Mech Suit Theories (Batman #41 in June)

An appreciation thread for the all new Batman, who has his own GUNDAM suit. Hell yeah! It's about time, I always thought he should have his own Gundam suit.

So what features do you think this suit has or should have? Do you want to see this suit fight other Gundam suits?

It appears to look a lot like this suit from Mobile Police Patlabor:

In all seriousness, do you think this suit was influenced by the Japanese robot suit genre? And yes that is a genre. What do you guys think?

giantrobot.jpg

I was thinking maybe Bruce is shrunk to adolescence or confined to a wheel chair and must control the Batman Robot (rabbit) by watch communicator.

Heck...Maybe I'm not far off.

79753-57293-galactus.jpg
    Last edited by ispacehead; 03-10-2015 at 02:50 PM.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    giantrobot.jpg

I was thinking maybe Bruce is shrunk to adolescence or confined to a wheel chair and must control the Batman Robot (rabbit) by watch communicator.

Heck...Maybe I'm not far off.

79753-57293-galactus.jpg
    I like this idea a lot actually. I also saw someone here say that it could be Gordon in the suit and that's why he has a gun.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I don't know if everyone saw this Oct interview:
    [Scott Snyder] also addressed why he likes putting Batman into mechs suits so much. "I was a huge fan of 'Appleseed,' 'Robotech,' 'Gundam' -- I would love 'Batman: Pacific Rim.' If I could think of a way to -- 'The Joker's jokerized a kraken!' It's from a place of fandom. I love his tech. It's the fun of it. The two things -- I need to make it fun for me, and I also need to make it personal. 'Endgame' is a celebration of everything about Batman... At the same time, it has to be something intensely personal for me to write, as hokey as it sounds. I can't do it because it's a cool plot and he has a new suit to break out. It's largely about Batman's mortality being his largest strength or weakness." Snyder said the gadgets and suits are the gravy, a nod that says, "Isn't this fun stuff?
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=56295

Just pointing out in case some think certain likenesses are just coincidence.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-10-2015 at 05:12 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Not the first Bat-Mecha in existence, what with the Bat-Bot from The Batman and the Batmobile's Giant-Robot form from Brave the Bold, but it's not something we see in comics that much and so far I think it looks very interesting. Can't wait to see the full-design and get a better idea as to what the new direction for Batman is .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I don't know if everyone saw this Oct interview:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=56295

Just pointing out in case some think certain likenesses are just coincidence.
    Nope, the reason for this thread was because it looked like Gundam and Appleseed were direct influences. And I was right!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not the first Bat-Mecha in existence, what with the Bat-Bot from The Batman and the Batmobile's Giant-Robot form from Brave the Bold, but it's not something we see in comics that much and so far I think it looks very interesting. Can't wait to see the full-design and get a better idea as to what the new direction for Batman is .
    Very true, but Batman has never worn a Gundam suit before!

Do you guys have any theories on who is in the suit? Why they are wearing it? What their goals are? Why they use a gun?

Well, that it uses a gun kinda implies it's not Bruce...well, okay, Bruce sometimes has been shown having incendiary rounds in the Bat-vehicles but never as a direct weapon. The gun might be non-lethal though, but the smoke implies otherwise.

I've read people suggest it might be Gordon, because of the gun and the possible GCPD connection. Either that or the first true Batman clone.

And I just noticed, but it looks like only the left arm has the arm fins!

Yeah, I'm personally hoping it's Jim Gordon. That would be fantastic.

Astonishing Member

Bat-Mech. Anime influence. There's a Batman for everyone.

I mean I dig it but hopefully we can still get our yen for film noir detective Bats in other titles. 70+ years ... that longevity is equal to my interest in the genre, which is a little more nuanced and into subtle affectations. But I'm getting an idea of Snyder's influences now and realizing that I know a few dudes like him in real life. I was watching Casablanca on AMC, or well, Batman reruns, while they were watching Freddy vs. Jason and Neon Genesis Evangelion. But there's plenty of middle ground.

Bonus points if Jiro shows up though.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Solicit says its a guy, blue and red light probably means its a cop.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

I do have to wonder if the All-New Batman will also lead 'Tec or if it'll continue its focus on normal Batman. If it's Jim in the suit, I could see that being incorporated into the book and still fitting the detective and mystery focus that Manapul and Buccelato are doing. And it would be kinda funny to see this a giant robot Batman trying to solve murders and inspect crime scenes like regular Batman would .

I wonder which book might focus on the reaction of the Rogues Gallery to the new Batman?

Ah its the Joker/bruce cyborg thing from Futures end.

BANNED

I do have to wonder if the All-New Batman will also lead 'Tec or if it'll continue its focus on normal Batman. If it's Jim in the suit, I could see that being incorporated into the book and still fitting the detective and mystery focus that Manapul and Buccelato are doing. And it would be kinda funny to see this a giant robot Batman trying to solve murders and inspect crime scenes like regular Batman would .

I wonder which book might focus on the reaction of the Rogues Gallery to the new Batman?
    I'm pretty sure this new Batman is going to be exclusive to the main Bat book. Bruce is still a part of Justice League and he'll probably still be in Batman/Superman and Detective Comics.

He had one in the Batman 66 comic too, but it will be awesome to see a serious non-retro one.

Quote Originally Posted by tombo View Post
    He had one in the Batman 66 comic too, but it will be awesome to see a serious non-retro one.
    Oh yeah! Can't believe I forgot about that one .

Adam West even voiced a giant Batman robot in Brave and the Bold too .