Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Infinityphoenix View Post
    I'm surprised no one has suggested it's Jason Bard underneath the helmet.
    Came to post this myself. The way that they've been building up his redemption the last couple of issues has me wondering what he'll be doing post-Eternal, since it's starting to look like he's going to be staying around afterwards now.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Amazing Member

Snyder has said a couple of things that make it seem like Batman could very well die. All this talk about changing the whole batman mythology. And how his new idea is so crazy and never been done. If this is Jim Gordon in the mech suit, is Batman alive? I don't know how interested I could stay if Batman dies unless Jim Gordon becomes the new Batman?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman55 View Post
    Snyder has said a couple of things that make it seem like Batman could very well die. All this talk about changing the whole batman mythology. And how his new idea is so crazy and never been done. If this is Jim Gordon in the mech suit, is Batman alive? I don't know how interested I could stay if Batman dies unless Jim Gordon becomes the new Batman?
    Isn't Bruce in JLA and stuff post-Convergence? Bruce ain't dying dying, no matter what. Snyder knows that.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

The bunny ears might mean Tim Drake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman55 View Post
    Snyder has said a couple of things that make it seem like Batman could very well die. All this talk about changing the whole batman mythology. And how his new idea is so crazy and never been done.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Isn't Bruce in JLA and stuff post-Convergence? Bruce ain't dying dying, no matter what. Snyder knows that.
    Yea, but DC whole policy now is story over continuity, so there's no telling when either stories are taking place. I think Johns and Hitch are pretty much ignoring the rest of the DCU with their respective titles.

Ya, I don't think its Bruce, but don't think he's gonna die. It's been done recently. Something might happen that puts him out of comission for a while. JL is still canon though, so it might happen post this whole "All new Batman" stuff. Snyder also said that he is aware that Bruce will always be Batman and that when you change things out like he's going to, it stretches out so much it has to pop back in place. He said this story will last until issue 50, maybe 52.

I'm surprised NOBODY'S mentioned that he's Alphonse Elric with bat (or is it bunny) ears.

Capullo does it best

Amazing Member

Default An idea about the change to Batman

I had a thought when I saw the April and June covers for Batman. Perhaps in the final battle with the Joker in some other realm as indicated by the April cover, only Bruce's consciousness makes it back and it ends up in the body of the Bat-suit or the body of some new GCPD law enforcement vehicle?

What do you think?

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Capullo does it best

Alright, who gave the bunny a 90's pistol?

In all seriousness why would the faceplate need to retract? The suit definitely implies that whomever is using it is not physically fit to be batman or is considerably weaker than Bruce. The gun might also imply it is someone with a weaker moral center than Bruce and nobody tell me that it fires rubber bullets.

What if it is Lincoln March? He would have the training but he also needed the owl suit to be on Bruce's level. He had a considerable fortune, is a "possible" Wayne and he is an antithesis of Batman being the owl. He might become a Gcpd bat by assisting the police and using the court of owls to get in good with the people of Gotham.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I SERIOUSLY hope not. I was down initially, but the more I sit with the info we have it gets me worried. Hey, at least its only a year or so if its no good. The optimist in me is hoping im wrong but, that suit man...WTF?

Wheres that character design from, variant cover?
    Last edited by AUScowboy; 03-18-2015 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Capullo does it best

The front 'GCPD' basically confirm that the suit is GCPD's, not that there has been any doubts...Hmm, I'm hoping for Jason Bard.

And I am interested in that Batman sketch at the back
    Last edited by SpideyZERO; 03-19-2015 at 05:15 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

What concerns me is if Bruce is not this Batman. How much interest is there gonna be if it is Bard or Jim Gordon? Jim could maybe hold readers' attentions, he's a great character.

Yet-Another-Replacement Batman and Pseudo Robin? I'm not sure it is gonna fly with readers.

Or maybe this is all Bruce (Batman) deciding to join the GCPD officially?
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

For some reason id be more into Bruce Bats in the GCPD, but havent we gotten confirmation that it WILL NOT be Bruce. All I can find reference to is it being an "all new Batman" under the cowl, which could very well mean Bruce but w/ a different moral compass/outlook..then again that concept dosent exactly thrill me either.