Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Amazing Member

Default New Avengers 31 *spoilers*

We go back to Dr. Strange and the Black Priests who are hunting for Rabum Alal.

A Priest finds a door on a world before an incursion, and unlike before, they now have a key to get in and Dr. Strange to guide them through the Library that we saw at the opening of the series.

The Library of Worlds is also in fact a library of sorts with many treasures of knowledge.

The Swans ambush Strange and the Priests in a vacuum where their words cannot be used, but Strange uses his other magics to fight back but are defeated.

He is taken to Rabum Alal who is.....Dr. Doom!?

The chapter ends with Doom saying he could always use new followers for it takes a god to kill a god.

The last panel shows the Thor and the Multiversal Avengers about to encounter the Ivory Kings.

There needs to be a lot of explanation by Hickman, as Doom being The Great Destroyer makes little sense right now.

piss on this

if this is the flat beginning (continuation?) of years worth of reveals then... bleh

thats what I get for getting excited about anythign
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

It was a hell of a reveal. He did go to the beginning with Owen Reece like intended. Now they are going to war with the Ivory Kings against their apocalypse machine. Almost to sound as if Dr. Doom maybe the hero of this story.

I had spoilt myself yesterday, now that I've read the whole issue I'm a little dissapointed. Not in the reveal, I'm okay with that, but the lack of explaining. Besides Doom being The Great Destroyer we learned nothing. Nothing about who the Black Swans are, nothing about the incursions, or what Doom's plan is. The issue could have easily just been the last 4 pages.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I had spoilt myself yesterday, now that I've read the whole issue I'm a little dissapointed. Not in the reveal, I'm okay with that, but the lack of explaining. Besides Doom being The Great Destroyer we learned nothing. Nothing about who the Black Swans are, nothing about the incursions, or what Doom's plan is. The issue could have easily just been the last 4 pages.
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I've only read Hickman's Ultimates once. What's "The Maker" and how does it relate to Ultimate Reed?

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    I've only read Hickman's Ultimates once. What's "The Maker" and how does it relate to Ultimate Reed?
    Maker IS Ultimate Reed. You probably should read Hickmans Ultimates at this point.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    The maker is ultimate Reed. He went off the deep end and decided to become a villain so he could create his vision of the world in the here and now. He killed most of Washington, Europe and Asgard in the process.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    It's weird that Hickman did that life and death thing with Steve and Tony when both have played a relatively minor role in the story thus far. Though I suppose there's still time give them both some sort of big moment. Starks still out there trying to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's weird that Hickman did that life and death thing with Steve and Tony when both have played a relatively minor role in the story thus far. Though I suppose there's still time give them both some sort of big moment. Starks still out there trying to do something.
    Isn't Stark sitting in a cell in Wakanda? I thought the last we saw of him, Black Widow and Spider-Woman broke in, saw him there, and left him. I don't remember if it was in Avengers or Avengers World.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

This reveal is probably one of the most underwhelming things I've ever read in my life. Just... wow. Two years of reading this story for the Great Destroyer to end up being 616-Doom? I just can't put into words how disappointed I am (and I love Doom).

Not to mention how slowly this is still moving forward. Just terrible. If the reveal is going to be this underwhelming, at least accompany it with an explanation of how it came to be.
    Last edited by ShaokhaN; 03-11-2015 at 08:21 AM.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, saw that on 4chan too. The subtly is nice, but again, not really a reveal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Yeah, saw that on 4chan too. The subtly is nice, but again, not really a reveal.
    Not really a reveal, more of probably subtle hints that add to hickmans over all planning for SW

I get my books shipped monthly so I wont get to read this until april so I had to spoil myself on this reveal and based on everyones reaction I feel that this is a disappointment... I like Doom as much as the next fan but I feel that they could have used someone better as this multiversal destroyer. So I am interesting in seeing how Hickman can make this work and it seems there are a lot of holes to fill in this too.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Spectacular Member markallenchi's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    This just makes me think these Beyonders are probably some creation of Ultimate Reed. Doom and Ultimate Reed created this entire story inorder to create and rule battleworld. I bet the Beyonders are some form of the Children Ultimate Reed created.
    Mark Allen Chi