Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default New Avengers 31 *spoilers*

We go back to Dr. Strange and the Black Priests who are hunting for Rabum Alal.

A Priest finds a door on a world before an incursion, and unlike before, they now have a key to get in and Dr. Strange to guide them through the Library that we saw at the opening of the series.

The Library of Worlds is also in fact a library of sorts with many treasures of knowledge.

The Swans ambush Strange and the Priests in a vacuum where their words cannot be used, but Strange uses his other magics to fight back but are defeated.

He is taken to Rabum Alal who is.....Dr. Doom!?

The chapter ends with Doom saying he could always use new followers for it takes a god to kill a god.

The last panel shows the Thor and the Multiversal Avengers about to encounter the Ivory Kings.

There needs to be a lot of explanation by Hickman, as Doom being The Great Destroyer makes little sense right now.

piss on this

if this is the flat beginning (continuation?) of years worth of reveals then... bleh

thats what I get for getting excited about anythign
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

It was a hell of a reveal. He did go to the beginning with Owen Reece like intended. Now they are going to war with the Ivory Kings against their apocalypse machine. Almost to sound as if Dr. Doom maybe the hero of this story.

I had spoilt myself yesterday, now that I've read the whole issue I'm a little dissapointed. Not in the reveal, I'm okay with that, but the lack of explaining. Besides Doom being The Great Destroyer we learned nothing. Nothing about who the Black Swans are, nothing about the incursions, or what Doom's plan is. The issue could have easily just been the last 4 pages.

The only thing I can come up with is that, in NA 29, MM takes Doom to the "where it all began" (or whatever he says)...If the cover of NA 32 is indication, hopefully there will be an explanation of how exactly Doom got to the inner sanctum of the Library of Worlds and recruited the Black Swans, as well as how he supposedly began the early death of a universe on an alternate earth (maybe that is the "myth" part of the religion he started, and not literal truth)....we know that our Black Swan is unreliable historian

Since he says it's a religion, and he makes the Black Swans go blind before meeting with him...I'd guess he has them all fooled into believing he really is a "Great Destroyer" in control of everything. I'd guess it's some sort of plan to stop the Beyonders.

Ultimate Member

Color me disappointed.

I suspect there's more to what we've seen so far but....meh!

This is leading to Secret Wars. I feel kind of stupid not assuming it earlier. Doom is always the guy messing with Beyonders.

Also, Hickman, it's about time to Avengers start becoming more active participants in their own story again. I mean, all of them.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Quote Originally Posted by celeherald View Post
    We go back to Dr. Strange and the Black Priests who are hunting for Rabum Alal.

A Priest finds a door on a world before an incursion, and unlike before, they now have a key to get in and Dr. Strange to guide them through the Library that we saw at the opening of the series.

The Library of Worlds is also in fact a library of sorts with many treasures of knowledge.

The Swans ambush Strange and the Priests in a vacuum where their words cannot be used, but Strange uses his other magics to fight back but are defeated.

He is taken to Rabum Alal who is.....Dr. Doom!?

The chapter ends with Doom saying he could always use new followers for it takes a god to kill a god.

The last panel shows the Thor and the Multiversal Avengers about to encounter the Ivory Kings.

There needs to be a lot of explanation by Hickman, as Doom being The Great Destroyer makes little sense right now.
    Well he and MM did go back in time, and he's created a universe before but yea I'd like a few more details filled in next issue.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

ff-22.jpg

Damn you Hickman! And Ultimate Reed is the "Maker!"

I had read Hickman's run in Fantastic Four, and the first 11 issues of FF, but I skipped 11-22. Then I found out about Doom last night- I went back and read the rest. There's a basic summary in #611 (one of the Secret Wars prelude comics) but you get some real characterization of what Hickman thinks of Doom as he's fighting off the Mad Celestials

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Since he says it's a religion, and he makes the Black Swans go blind before meeting with him...I'd guess he has them all fooled into believing he really is a "Great Destroyer" in control of everything. I'd guess it's some sort of plan to stop the Beyonders.
    Doom's whole plan was inspired by Wizard of Oz.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Color me disappointed.

I suspect there's more to what we've seen so far but....meh!
    My opinion, as well. All of this time and money wasted on another Doom story.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 03-11-2015 at 06:34 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Doom's whole plan was inspired by Wizard of Oz.
    Haha, that's a good way to put it.

BANNED

I'm glad it was Doom! It is the perfect fit and a grand return to Doom being the top dog of Villians in the MU. The guy was getting to soft and almost forgoten for the most part as Dangerous threat. This brings him back to that status quo for sure. Besides on the off chance that the MU does get rebooted(which I still doubt by the way) what better way to out for Marvel to return Doctor Doom to the badest villian ever than to have him be the cause of the breakdown of the 616.

Loved it!

It also helps explain slightly a little more why Doom wouldn't help Namor. Since Namor has pretty much always came to Doom as a last resort so Dooms reasoning didn't match up to previous characterzation.
    Last edited by Trident; 03-11-2015 at 06:44 AM.

I read an older Bevoort interview where he says Rabum Alal is a major player in the Secret Wars main arc. So I guess Doom survives into Battleworld and is perhaps King of Battleworld. Maybe he's the one, via Molecule Man, building Battleworld throughout the red incursions, and not the Beyonders (via blue incursions).

Maybe now that this is out we'll get Secret Wars #4 cover. Hickman said there was a major aspect of the story that doesn't get page time til SW#4...