Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    This would make even less sense than Children's Crusade........................................... ............
    If you think about it, it should make more sense than making Dr Doom the Great Destroyer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Nope. Wrong. Death died in the Cancerverse. The Eternity, Death, etc. of that universe where Korvac used the Nullifier all bought it. The Eternity, etc. of each universe within the multiverse is a different entity.
    Then I give up as none of this is rapidly making no sense! Especially, when cosmic entities are abstracts who use M-Bodies in order to interact with the physical plane of existence. I simply don't see how killing the M-Body destroys the abstract being.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 03-17-2015 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Then I give up as none of this is rapidly making no sense! Especially, when cosmic entities are abstracts who use M-Bodies in order to interact with the physical plane of existence. I simply don't see how killing the M-Body destroys the abstract being.
    In the Cancerverse it was the actual concept of Death that was killed, i.e the abstraction and not solely the physical m-body manifestation. Don't know about the other examples though.

So, not this issue, but I didn't want to bump the older thread, but in New Avengers #30, who is the fifth construct on that page that the Beyonders are killing? I was able to identify Infinity, Eternity, Lord Chaos and Master Order, but then there's a body floating off the page, and I don't know who that is.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    So, not this issue, but I didn't want to bump the older thread, but in New Avengers #30, who is the fifth construct on that page that the Beyonders are killing? I was able to identify Infinity, Eternity, Lord Chaos and Master Order, but then there's a body floating off the page, and I don't know who that is.
    It's the In-Betweener. The 'Galactus' of the Order-Chaos magic realm.

It makes sense just fine. One Eternity, Death, Infinity, Oblivion per universe. A universe dies, so does the Eternity that represents that universe. Really only the Living Tribunal and The One Above All (Jack, not the head honcho Celestial, that's a different guy) have been shown to be multiversal.

That they need M-Bodies to interact with the material universe is a totally separate issue... they're abstract conceptual personifications, so it's not that they're using the M-Bodies to cross over from some other universe, or even the space between universes that we see in this story, but just to give physicality to their essential (sort of Platonic) nature as abstract concepts.

All-New Member

In light of the big reveal, I'm kind of thinking that the Black Swan may be a version of Valeria Richards

Quote Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
    In light of the big reveal, I'm kind of thinking that the Black Swan may be a version of Valeria Richards
    People have put that theory forth. It seems possible.

I don't think that will be the case just because Val is so scientifically inclined, and Black Swan is like a religious zealot. Seems to contradictory.

But of course, alternate universe versions can be different than the ones we know.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    People have put that theory forth. It seems possible.

I don't think that will be the case just because Val is so scientifically inclined, and Black Swan is like a religious zealot. Seems to contradictory.

But of course, alternate universe versions can be different than the ones we know.
    Speaking of which, where is Iron Maniac? He'd be a convenient scapegoat for the real Tony right about now.

It amuses me to compare some of what Hickman is writing to old classic Dr. Who storylines, in this case, the Invasion of Time. The Doctor had been aware that an unknown species the Vardans had telepathically infiltrated Gallifrey including the Matrix. They were unbeatable unless somehow they could be tricked to reveal more about themselves. Therefore the Doctor plotted to disable the shields protecting Gallifrey so that the Vardans would drop their guard, only for waiting K-9 to trap them in a time loop, ending their threat.

So I compare the Beyonders in white space to the Vardans, untouchable by anyone in the Multiverse until they drop their guard after apparent victory. Doom may be playing some part in the incursions to hasten the death of the Multiverse, but he has his version of K-9, the Molecule Man, waiting. In the art of the last few panels, it seems the Molecule Man is brewing up a lot of cubes, perhaps cosmic cubes to imprison the Beyonders in once they drop their guard.

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    It amuses me to compare some of what Hickman is writing to old classic Dr. Who storylines, in this case, the Invasion of Time. The Doctor had been aware that an unknown species the Vardans had telepathically infiltrated Gallifrey including the Matrix. They were unbeatable unless somehow they could be tricked to reveal more about themselves. Therefore the Doctor plotted to disable the shields protecting Gallifrey so that the Vardans would drop their guard, only for waiting K-9 to trap them in a time loop, ending their threat.

So I compare the Beyonders in white space to the Vardans, untouchable by anyone in the Multiverse until they drop their guard after apparent victory. Doom may be playing some part in the incursions to hasten the death of the Multiverse, but he has his version of K-9, the Molecule Man, waiting. In the art of the last few panels, it seems the Molecule Man is brewing up a lot of cubes, perhaps cosmic cubes to imprison the Beyonders in once they drop their guard.
    It is Interesting to think of the Cosmic Cubes as being a method of enclosing or encapsulating the essence of The Beyond into a physical form. Hmmm. It even offers a way of explaining the whole Beyonder / Molecule man as cosmic cube thing.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post

Me thinks I'll watch "The Invasion of Time", tonight

Me thinks I'll watch "The Invasion of Time", tonight
    Also using Dr. Who storylines, there is the Douglas Adams-written Pirate Planet:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pirate_Planet

where the seemingly monstrous Captain is actually using the remnants of devoured planets to construct a device to defeat the actual villain, and the storyline Enlightenment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enlight...8Doctor_Who%29

where beings beyond ordinary existence are racing each other in ships sailing in space with the winner to receive enlightenment.

The Molecule Man may be using the remnants of destroyed universes to construct his cosmic cubes. I speculate Doom's plan may be to trap the Beyonders and then use the knowledge in the great library to recreate as much of the Multiverse as he can out of white space. But this effort will not succeed completely leading to Battleworld. With hints that the barons in Battleworld may not be free to move into other domains, it is possible to me the barons are actually Beyonders sharing a corporeal body with a metahuman, each baron ruling over his own fragment of a universe and experiencing what is like to be corporeal.

BANNED

The multiverse isn't going to be recreated.