Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    I've only read Hickman's Ultimates once. What's "The Maker" and how does it relate to Ultimate Reed?
    Maker IS Ultimate Reed. You probably should read Hickmans Ultimates at this point.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    To the people that say the Avengers need to be active again I agree they haven't done much since TRO began.
    I think that was part of the point of the early TRO issues. The Illuminati's sin broke the Avengers Machine. They lost valuable time fighting each other when they could have been actively working on this problem.

I don't think it's fair what folks are saying about the pace. The lead in to Infinity was pretty packed with some self contained issues and story arcs. Post Infinity, things weren't quite as action packed but I'd blame that on Avengers World picking up a lot of what would have been the action packed B-plot. I'm going to be curious about any behind the scenes post mortems by Hickman as the post Infinity stuff seemed like weaker plot structure than he'd usually give us on a book. New Avengers especially felt like it was marking time. Once you get the Original Sin and Great Society arcs, I definitely felt I'd got my money's worth.

TRO has been worthwhile and feels like it's heading to something Epic as the reformed Avengers Machine protects Earth from the Galactic Council. This will be a good note to close the book on going into the true finale, Secret Wars.

New Avengers #31 (2015) - Seite 22.jpg

But I think he is not the bad guy Doom is the hero of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Maker IS Ultimate Reed. You probably should read Hickmans Ultimates at this point.
    I don't think you need to. I read Ultimate Thor, Hawkeye and Ultimates, and so far it feels like all you needed to know was recapped. Ultimate Reed is seriously evil. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by ROSA13 View Post
    New Avengers #31 (2015) - Seite 22.jpg

But I think he is not the bad guy Doom is the hero of the story.
    I'd agree, I think Doom is trying to save as much as he can and make a stand against the Beyonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Although I don't know why there's only 50~ territories. Seems very little when you take into account that there are infinite universes.
    Well, there may be quite a few reasons for that, actually. First, there might have been more blue incursions than there have been red incursions. Also, let's not forget the fact that both the Illuminati and the Cabal have been blowing up Earths regardless of what kind of Incursion it was. Also, perhaps many of these territories are themselves amalgamations of different universes; case in point, the territory on the Battleworld map labeled Manhattan, which will be made up of the remnants of both the 616 and the Ultimate universes. And finally, given how the 616 and the Ultimate Universes are apparently the last incursions, it suggests that Battleworld has been around for quite some time, and maybe Doom has been parceling off territories to various "lords" and "barons" for them to govern as they see fit, so long as they abide by "the rules."
    Last edited by stillanerd; 03-11-2015 at 11:08 AM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

i for one really love that we are getting such an epic FF story in the guise of "Avenger" books. the avengers themselves can remain seated for all i care.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    I've only read Hickman's Ultimates once. What's "The Maker" and how does it relate to Ultimate Reed?
    The maker is ultimate Reed. He went off the deep end and decided to become a villain so he could create his vision of the world in the here and now. He killed most of Washington, Europe and Asgard in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Although I don't know why there's only 50~ territories. Seems very little when you take into account that there are infinite universes.
    There's the meta reason (Behind the scenes logistics), but in Universe Doom likely couldn't save too many without drawing the Beyonders on him quickly. A lot of this is reminding me of Fraction's Defenders run with the idea of an amalgamated Earth capable of holding off Gods as the end game of the Concordance Engines. Doom is pulling a similar trick and can only save so many worlds for that final battle.

This could also explain part of the huge holocaust of Universes Reed discovered. The Beyonders are done fighting the Universal Constructs, looked around, and realized what Doom was up to. They cut the number of Universes down as fast as the could before he could build an even bigger army.
    Last edited by DrTraveler; 03-11-2015 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Also, perhaps many of these territories are themselves amalgamations of different universes; case in point, the territory on the Battleworld map labeled Manhattan, which is made up of the remnants of both the 616 and the Ultimate universes.
    Good point. That could be it.

Quote Originally Posted by ROSA13 View Post

I bet king Loki knows Rabum Alal is Doctor Doom..
    Where is this from? Is this the Loki book? It seems to be rife with clues..
    Militant Anti-Villain
    The Ghost Militant...

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

It's from a Loki AOA Axis tie-in.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i for one really love that we are getting such an epic FF story in the guise of "Avenger" books. the avengers themselves can remain seated for all i care.
    Ive always said that this was really an FF story in disguise. It felt like a continuation from his FF works.
    Militant Anti-Villain
    The Ghost Militant...

Loki: Agent of Asgard 6

Ive always said that this was really an FF story in disguise. It felt like a continuation from his FF works.
    I wish it had more Sue, Johnny and Ben though. At least we got some Sue.