Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrTraveler View Post
    I don't think you need to. I read Ultimate Thor, Hawkeye and Ultimates, and so far it feels like all you needed to know was recapped. Ultimate Reed is seriously evil. The end.
    Theres alot of set pieces that turn up in Avengers that were used in Ultimates so they are going to play a role too. Just like the set pieces from SHIELD turn up.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Quote Originally Posted by ROSA13 View Post
    Loki: Agent of Asgard 6
    Some one else was pointing to this series as it pertained to the Glalactuse seed and the World tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I wish it had more Sue, Johnny and Ben though. At least we got some Sue.
    Or at it feels like a Reed story at least.
    Militant Anti-Villain
    The Ghost Militant...

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ROSA13 View Post
    Attachment 19027
    this means Doom will get a big win out of Secret Wars. Thor looks like santa claus
    Pretty much.

Also, these three are dead right? I mean, we saw what the Beyonders did to all of those entities last issue right? There's no way these three will win, correct? It would be contrived if they did.

New Avengers 31
    Doom : New Avengers #31 (2015) - Seite 24.jpg
    I BET THE GOD IS KING LOKI ?

Amazing Member

Well, while it's not drawing as much attention, there certainly is an epic arc going on over in the actual Fantastic Four book.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Where is this from? Is this the Loki book? It seems to be rife with clues..
    And I thought it's a reference to AXIS inversion.

How does time work now? What future does King Loki reside? Did he already experience the Secret Wars, just like Hawkeye, Franklin etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Pretty much.

Also, these three are dead right? I mean, we saw what the Beyonders did to all of those entities last issue right? There's no way these three will win, correct? It would be contrived if they did.
    I do not want Thor to die

Quote Originally Posted by swerve View Post
    Well, while it's not drawing as much attention, there certainly is an epic arc going on over in the actual Fantastic Four book.
    Yeah...and to be frank, Johnny and Ben were always more supporting in Hickman's FF.

Maker IS Ultimate Reed. You probably should read Hickmans Ultimates at this point.
    I don't think you need to. I read Ultimate Thor, Hawkeye and Ultimates, and so far it feels like all you needed to know was recapped. Ultimate Reed is seriously evil. The end.
    Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    The maker is ultimate Reed. He went off the deep end and decided to become a villain so he could create his vision of the world in the here and now. He killed most of Washington, Europe and Asgard in the process.
    Thanks for the answers. I've read the Ultimates run (actually after the issue where Ultimate Reed showed up). I just didn't remember the Maker title and thought it might have been something I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    And I thought it's a reference to AXIS inversion.

How does time work now? What future does King Loki reside? Did he already experience the Secret Wars, just like Hawkeye, Franklin etc.?
    I think so Perhaps he comes from Battle World ?

Theres alot of set pieces that turn up in Avengers that were used in Ultimates so they are going to play a role too. Just like the set pieces from SHIELD turn up.
    You might see The City in Secret Wars, past that though I doubt The People, his take on Asgard, etc, is really going to be that important to the Incursions story. You may see those pieces, but you really don't need to know a lot past them. A recap on them would barely fill a panel of exposition. Keep in mind, if you add up his Ultimates run, Ultimate Thor, and Ultimate Hawkeye you are talking 20-ish issues. That isn't a lot of room for Hickman to really develop deep and important plot points.

I'm sure we'll get an explanation, but I'm still confused on the Incursions thing. The Red Incursions seem to outnumber the blue (mapmakers) and were certainly there first, and based off of Hyperion's origin, it certianly seems that the Incursions do kill Universes. And at the same time, we've seen Black Swan destroy worlds in the name of Rabum Alal (though it's very possible that she's doing this to escape him as she's looking less and less like a true Black Swan).

You might see The City in Secret Wars, past that though I doubt The People, his take on Asgard, etc, is really going to be that important to the Incursions story. You may see those pieces, but you really don't need to know a lot past them. A recap on them would barely fill a panel of exposition. Keep in mind, if you add up his Ultimates run, Ultimate Thor, and Ultimate Hawkeye you are talking 20-ish issues. That isn't a lot of room for Hickman to really develop deep and important plot points.
    I know but Brevoort said that Hickman was really going to start this story using Ultimates and what we have now. He already revisited Ultimate Reed and his creations. He also revisited the Kangs stuff in SHIELD Im more on the side of saying that this will show up in SW. Also Brevoort mentioned this because while HIckman wanted to do it the series was cancelled.
    Militant Anti-Villain
    The Ghost Militant...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I was hoping for a new villain to breathe life into things. Just Dr. Doom is so overdone. It's like Marvel has a spinning wheel that says Dr. Doom, Norman Osborn or Thanos.
    What are you talking about? Since AvX Thanos was a secondary bad guy in Infinity and Dr. Doom was a part of this story. Are you talking about past stories or what? People cry when it's Hero vs Hero or the Xmen are set up as villains and now it turns out they can't use villains as villains either. No wonder they want new readers.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I am hoping they show up in Battleworld at least.