Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Wow, that was really accurate.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar
    I make love, you make me sick.

This is basically all I want out of comics: Doom.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Great issue. I don't understand all the bitchin' about the reveal. Who did you expected it to be? Matter-Eating Lad? It's a revelation that was hard to predict at first, but makes perfect sense in hindsight, that's great writing.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    You can make an arguement a completely original character would have been disappointing too to many people too. Building up to a character no one has ever heard of isn't always exciting.
    Yes, this was essentially the same argument that Stan and Ditko had regarding the Green Goblin.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, this can't end well. It never ends well with Doom. And do you think the 616 survivors are going to want to deal with Doom ruling over them?

Spectacular Member

Can't say I wasn't surprised. I had no idea, the red-herrings saying "a whole new character" really caught me off guard. Maybe I should have been more skeptical.

But there's a beautiful symmetry to all this. Doom finds out about the incursions by himself, but he knows of a Beyonder incursion. Being lied to, he goes back in time to try to solve this issue himself. For some reason to be explained next month, he decides to mess with the Beyonders' plans by starting red incursions. This takes us back to the future in NA #1 where there is a red incursion, which past Doom himself created. A nice little time loop. Introducing a new problem trying to solve another one.

Plus, for an event like Secret Wars, doesn't it make sense to have Reed/Doom at the forefront? Who encapsulates Marvel more than those two? Yeah, the Avengers are a big part to the story, but it's nice that the 75th anniversary event/"not-a-reboot!" will have Reed and Doom in front.

There's still a lot of questions though. Who were the Black Priests before Strange? Where did the library come from?

I think Doom did start this, but at the end of the FF run where he creates and destroys his own universe. Couldn't that have caused the beginning of the end? Who knows, 2 months to go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I mean, this can't end well. It never ends well with Doom. And do you think the 616 survivors are going to want to deal with Doom ruling over them?
    Doom is better than any earth leader.

I think you can, even if you favored the Galactus Seed.

Well done sir!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by celeherald View Post
    There needs to be a lot of explanation by Hickman, as Doom being The Great Destroyer makes little sense right now.
    What a total let down.

I was expecting Doom to be locked in combat with Rabum Alal, with the Molecule Man at his side... not for it to BE Doom.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    My opinion, as well. All of this time and money wasted on another Doom story.
    I would've liked for Rabum Alal to be T'Challa... or one of the previous Black Panthers.... upset about the decimated people. It would've made sense since the first Incursion was in Wakanda....

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    That was what I saw as well, and it's why I lost interest in this story early on.
    Your loss is our gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I think a time loop can exist without that. Let's keep Bendis' stuff away from this.
    Agreed. I don't think Hickman and Bendis were together in this. Wasn't Bendis's story kept on hold for a long time anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    Words cannot really describe how happy and excited this reveal has made me. If you've been reading since Hickman's Fantastic Four, it's like the ultimate pay off. Doom has always been one of my favorite characters and Hickman has done something... something wonderful. I'm more excited for Secret Wars than I ever have been. To sum it up. ALL HOPE LIES IN DOOM!

The interesting thing is we never really saw how Doom held off 4 Celestials for the 20 minutes or so that they needed to defeat them when they crossed over to Earth 616 from the Bridge.

I still have to wonder how much Nathaniel Richards knows about all of this. He knew they would need Doom and convinced the rest of them. But he's been off somwhere time traveling since the end of Hickman's Fantastic Four.

Congratulations to those who figured out it was Doom.

I think Doom is a good choice because he's the one character who Hickman showed was capable of creating something from the white space. At this point the only way for anyone to defeat the Beyonders in my opinion is to somehow use the properties of white space to defeat them, perhaps having the Beyonders melt back into white space.

Then again Doom's method of operation is always to try and steal power for himself and that never works out.

And I don't see how having the Multiversal Avengers facing the Beyonders is going to turn out any better than Bambi versus Godzilla.