Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scottsummer View Post
    For god sake I hope Doom's plan to defeat the Beyonders is not another one of those "DOOM WANTS COSMIC POWERRRR" scheme, in which he tried to steals their almighty power and fail miserably.
    I hope not either I would think he has learned a lot since the original Secret Wars.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    What issue was the LT story in FF?
    It was in FF#16 vol 2. The Fraction one, not Hickman's. It was written by both of the Allred brothers from Fraction's outline I believe since he left the series one issue earlier as I recall.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    So how was the infinite power source shoe horned into the plot exactly? Also interesting that you made that connection so fast. How was MM connected to Doom in the first secret wars?

Does this mean we get to have a giant hole blown up some where in SW #4?
    Molecule Man was shoe-horned in, inexplicably living in Doom's basement.

In the first Secret War, Doom continually manipulated Owen into doing what he wanted, and eventually taught him how to use his powers to their fullest extent.

I also noted that Stark's attempt at a Dyson Sphere for some reason reminded me of the transportation ring in Central Park. Funny the sh#t you remember.
    Last edited by teepee; 03-12-2015 at 12:57 AM.

When you think the Illuminati were just doing what the Black Swan wanted them to do, for Rabum Alal, Doom, all they really were doing is playing Dooms game, so the Illuminati were working for Doom. Were the Illuminati right? We have to wait and see. Maybe they were right to do Dooms work, and Maybe Steve Rogers was right, and they should have done nothing, because they all end up in the same place anyway, maybe earlier Steves way.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    It was in FF#16 vol 2. The Fraction one, not Hickman's. It was written by both of the Allred brothers from Fraction's outline I believe since he left the series one issue earlier as I recall.
    Thanks Iron. Will look into it.

Spectacular Member

I've got a funny feeling Rabum Alal and Doctor Doom have some linguistic or code connection, but I haven't taken the time to think what it might be. Sort of thing Hickman would do. If you make it Raabum Alal then you have the right number of characters with the right number of repetitions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by teepee View Post

In the first Secret War, Doom continually manipulated Owen into doing what he wanted, and eventually taught him how to use his powers to their fullest extent.

I also noted that Stark's attempt at a Dyson Sphere for some reason reminded me of the transportation ring in Central Park. Funny the sh#t you remember.
    Not really shoe-horned Doom got Molecule his first date.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Wow So much to talk about, By the way Teepee great job with the spectuations and being right!
    Thank you.

BANNED

I've got a funny feeling Rabum Alal and Doctor Doom have some linguistic or code connection, but I haven't taken the time to think what it might be. Sort of thing Hickman would do. If you make it Raabum Alal then you have the right number of characters with the right number of repetitions.
    I was thinking this as well today how you can change letters around and shit to make the names fit around lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ROSA13 View Post
    Attachment 19028

But I think he is not the bad guy Doom is the hero of the story.
    The breaking of Time here shows Doom has been behind that door a very long time without seeing anyone from Earth. Maybe years, maybe millennia. And Doom and Molecule Man had only left for the distant past yesterday, and now they must have aged a lot.

Clayfu

Whatever happened to post marquis of death doom? Figure he had the power to be the "great destroyer"

Quote Originally Posted by Clayfu View Post
    Whatever happened to post marquis of death doom? Figure he had the power to be the "great destroyer"
    Probably forgotten as it made Doom unusable. Don't remember if there was a comic to explain it away.

Have we ever found out when and how he came back from the Dark Avengers story where Sentry destroyed him? I suppose we can assume he just could reconstitute himself. Doom must have found him somewhere though. He was in Colorado, near his home town when the DA found him.

Yes, as I've noted earlier there are a number of Secret Wars easter eggs sprinkled in this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Probably forgotten as it made Doom unusable. Don't remember if there was a comic to explain it away.
    It was explained away in a Thunderbolts story as I recall. In Millar's FF Doom tells the Fantastic Four that after Clyde Wyncham hurled him back into the dawn of time he was ripped apart by prehistoric sharks and lived through centuries on hate somehow. He waited for the Master of Doom to appear and disguised himself to become the apprentice. All this is pretty vague. Fast forward to a Thunderbolts story where they happen to go back in time and see a man they don't recognize fighting off the sharks. They rescue him and he reveals himself to be Doom (his garments, etc were pretty ripped up from fighting off the sharks) and he takes over control of their time machine sending them all back to the present. So turns out that part of it was Doom was just spinning a yarn for the FF's benefit but it still doesn't totally account for the time he spent traveling with MOD as disguised as his apprentice. So yeah, it seems like it's mostly been done away with.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-12-2015 at 01:34 AM.

I think the fact that we didn't see Molecule Man and Doom for a few issues made the reveal too obvious.