Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly. It's actually becoming rather frustrating and very little value for $3.99.
    In all fairness, Hickman has essentially been writing in a VERY decompressed style for several years. It's just how he writes, and it's not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In all fairness, Hickman has essentially been writing in a VERY decompressed style for several years. It's just how he writes, and it's not for everyone.
    I think a lot of us were hoping the pay off(s) would be worth it

So far, for me anyway, they have been a bunch of "meh."
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I agree that his writing is very decompressed, but it's gotten a lot worse in the last few issues. Compare the beginning to TRO with the last few issues. We used to get a lot more story.
    Last edited by Viteh; 03-11-2015 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think a lot of us were hoping the pay off(s) would be worth it

So far, for me anyway, they have been a bunch of "meh."
    Really, the pay off will be Secret Wars. Time running out isn't really the end of the story... it's just what actually leads to the main event.

Ultimate Member

I 100% agree with the decompression bit.

But I think this issue is taking things a bit too far. This issue might as well be five pages long because the only thing we got from it is that Doom is Rabum Alal.

Really, the pay off will be Secret Wars. Time running out isn't really the end of the story... it's just what actually leads to the main event.

Which, in itself, could be a problem for some. I can't decide if it is for me or not.

What is saying that the real payoff isn't Secret Wars... but AFTER Secret Wars when the universe is put back together?

How many times are we going to get "oh, this isn't the payoff, the NEXT story is! Keep reading!"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Which, in itself, could be a problem for some. I can't decide if it is for me or not.

What is saying that the real payoff isn't Secret Wars... but AFTER Secret Wars when the universe is put back together?

How many times are we going to get "oh, this isn't the payoff, the NEXT story is! Keep reading!"
    Secret Wars as far as I know is the end of Hickman's story. Which isn't of course to say that marvel doesn't want you to keep reading afterwards... but that's where a lot of the stuff Hickman has been writing (not just Avengers apparently) has been heading towards.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Yeah, saw that on 4chan too. The subtly is nice, but again, not really a reveal.
    Not really a reveal, more of probably subtle hints that add to hickmans over all planning for SW

Amazing Member

You guys should try turning the pages more slowly if you're not enjoying the issues. :-)

Still Val/Nathaniel behind the scenes here - question is whether Doom is aware of it or not. Nathaniel/Val have been shown to have a Kang-like ability to run iterations on timelines, so she could have started the incursions / built the library and known that Doom would make his way there (young Val was living in Latveria while he was plotting - not that young Val had to necessarily know (I wouldn't personally want to try and keep secrets from her though)). F4 611 included in the prelude which isn't released for a while yet - so we may not have a reveal until SW proper, which I hadn't counted on (get the unknown-to-the-market extended Richards clan plotlines wrapped up before the big event) but which pleases me greatly.

I get my books shipped monthly so I wont get to read this until april so I had to spoil myself on this reveal and based on everyones reaction I feel that this is a disappointment... I like Doom as much as the next fan but I feel that they could have used someone better as this multiversal destroyer. So I am interesting in seeing how Hickman can make this work and it seems there are a lot of holes to fill in this too.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

I was hoping for a new villain to breathe life into things. Just Dr. Doom is so overdone. It's like Marvel has a spinning wheel that says Dr. Doom, Norman Osborn or Thanos.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    My opinion, as well. All of this time and money wasted on another Doom story.
    Bah! it's always money well spent, Magneto acolyte. In fact Doom says you should pay more! LOL

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Maybe it's a timing thing too. Marvel wants their big events to start in what is considered the peak months for comic book purchases and that traditionally has been the summer months. So maybe there is a bit of stretching things out until Secret Wars is ready to launch.

Hickman lost me there with it being Doom. He should have just made it an OC.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I was hoping for a new villain to breathe life into things. Just Dr. Doom is so overdone. It's like Marvel has a spinning wheel that says Dr. Doom, Norman Osborn or Thanos.
    Ha! yeah but it seems like Doom is actually more of a protagonist here, to go along with Hickman's characterization in FF/FF. The main bad guys look like the Beyonders now....that's something different right?