Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Has Reed lost a single thing at all? like... anything? Did his fish die at least or something?
    He's just had his comic book cancelled. That's a pretty big deal, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    He's just had his comic book cancelled. That's a pretty big deal, right?
    Mmm he did appear to come close to losing Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly. It's actually becoming rather frustrating and very little value for $3.99.
    Hickman is really the first writer to go from issue writing, to trade writing, to omnibus writing. His stuff reads great when you get it 50 issues at a time for ~ $2.50 an issue, oversized.

Incredible Member

To the people that say the Avengers need to be active again I agree they haven't done much since TRO began.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In the least I'm assuming with Doom it'll all make sense in the end. I'm assuming Hickman probably planted all sorts of seeds leading to this since his FF run.
    All hope lies with Doom rings a bell.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Has Reed lost a single thing at all? like... anything? Did his fish die at least or something?
    His relationship with Franklin is seemingly damaged, but that hasn't mattered much to the overall plot in the way that Namor and T'Challa's losses have. Reed has lost the least of the Illuminati members within the story other than Hank and Bruce.

EDIT: And by Hank, I mean Beast. You could probably argue that Pym lost more than Reed since he's been through the adventure in the multiverse and his sanity is cracking.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Yeah, the pace it too slow, even for Hickman.
    Even with the Infinity event inside of it, this overall arc has been going on since 2012, for 70+ issues (just avengers/NA) thats $280 worth of story!

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    His relationship with Franklin is seemingly damaged, but that hasn't mattered much to the overall plot in the way that Namor and T'Challa's losses have. Reed has lost the least of the Illuminati members within the story other than Hank and Bruce.

EDIT: And by Hank, I mean Beast. You could probably argue that Pym lost more than Reed since he's been through the adventure in the multiverse and his sanity is cracking.
    LOL, Bruce doesn't have much anyway.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

I bet king Loki knows Rabum Alal is Doctor Doom..

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Not to toot my own horn, but I did (sort of) call this back in August of last year:

Granted, it's not 100% spot on as I didn't count on the Molecule Man or that this was going to lead to Secret Wars, but even so. And yes, I think that's exactly what Doom, as the "Great Destroyer" has been doing--anytime there's a red incursion, that's Doom using the Molecule Man to merge the universes together to create Battleworld, as opposed to a blue incursion that destroys both Earths and universes, which is likely the result of the Beyonders. It also makes sense now why Battleworld appears to have been divided into feudal territories since Doom is a monarchist.
    And again, I suspect Hickman is paralleling the original Secret Wars too. A while back Doom invited Reed and Doctor Strange to dinner at his castle after the incursion over Latveria. Both of them were very dismissive and didn't tell him anything of what they knew. They told him not to bother talking to them again and stay out. In Secret Wars, Doom took a look at the villains he was grouped with and decided to go over to talk to the heroes about the Beyonder's proposal and how they should join forces against him. The heroes pretty much dismissed him back then too. After that Doom followed his own path and was aiming for going up against the Beyonder instead of fighting each other.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Not to toot my own horn, but I did (sort of) call this back in August of last year:

Granted, it's not 100% spot on as I didn't count on the Molecule Man or that this was going to lead to Secret Wars, but even so. And yes, I think that's exactly what Doom, as the "Great Destroyer" has been doing--anytime there's a red incursion, that's Doom using the Molecule Man to merge the universes together to create Battleworld, as opposed to a blue incursion that destroys both Earths and universes, which is likely the result of the Beyonders. It also makes sense now why Battleworld appears to have been divided into feudal territories since Doom is a monarchist.
    That really does explain the Red and Blue. I was wondering how that worked.

New Avengers #31 (2015) - Seite 24.jpg
    this means Doom will get a big win out of Secret Wars. Thor looks like santa claus

Yeh so, the whole rabum alal stuff was just nonsense spewed by Doom to keep his ''allies'' in check.

Unless he somehow had to destroy a universe to stop the Beyonders, and whatever they are doing.

Either way, it's too bad that all this setup for a bad guy just turned into another Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTraveler View Post
    That really does explain the Red and Blue. I was wondering how that worked.
    Although I don't know why there's only 50~ territories. Seems very little when you take into account that there are infinite universes.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Whoa i wonder how the Ultimate U Doom will factor into this?