Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FishboneX View Post
    The Earth wasn't in shambles, I think u are confusing it with the sequel to this series. They just wanted to make amends for being mind controlled by Overmind into being the rulers of the country. They thought they could make the world a better place, a utopia. Nighthawk, who was also the president of the USA, said no F'n way and quits the squad and resigns as pres. The squadron then use their powers to force the world to be better and mind control villains to join squadron, etc, while nighthawk starts up a resistance to fight them. Its one of the most underrated miniseries ever, if you ask me. It was absolutely fantastic. Oh, and nothing remotely close to OPs post.
    Actually it was in pretty bad shape (though, addmitedly, I guess not as bad as Earth 2). World order had colapsed due to the Overmind's machinations, in which he used Richmond to make the US declare war on the whole world, and with the Squadron's help, he won, and transformed the whole world into a police state, untill a large group of Defenders came to help defeat him. Food roits, power shortages, armed conflicts in smalll and great scale. I remember vividly the scene in which the Whizzer reports crossing the globe to access the situation, and his despair as to not being able to do enough. That is what makes the Squadron decide to take over the planet and install the Utopia program, to which Nighthawk oposes.
    In the sequal of the series, the GN and the one-shot, their Earth is doing quite well after the Utopia program, just, as Nighthawk predicted, without people as good as the Squadron to oversee it, the program is subverted to benefit a small corrupt group.

Peace

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Oh he's on the team, it's been confirmed on comicvine that Val Zod will still survive, he's just not on the cover for some reason. Probably can't have more than one black person on a cover or it breaks the space - time continuum.
    Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    I saw an interview that said Val Zod survives. Looks like will have Power Girl, Huntress, Val Zod, new Batman, etc.
    Great!!!

I plan on checking this series out, then.

I like the variation in skill & power by Val & Mr. Terrific.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Actually it was in pretty bad shape (though, addmitedly, I guess not as bad as Earth 2). World order had colapsed due to the Overmind's machinations, in which he used Richmond to make the US declare war on the whole world, and with the Squadron's help, he won, and transformed the whole world into a police state, untill a large group of Defenders came to help defeat him. Food roits, power shortages, armed conflicts in smalll and great scale. I remember vividly the scene in which the Whizzer reports crossing the globe to access the situation, and his despair as to not being able to do enough. That is what makes the Squadron decide to take over the planet and install the Utopia program, to which Nighthawk oposes.
    In the sequal of the series, the GN and the one-shot, their Earth is doing quite well after the Utopia program, just, as Nighthawk predicted, without people as good as the Squadron to oversee it, the program is subverted to benefit a small corrupt group.

Peace
    Hmm, i suppose I could very well be the one getting confused! I am going to go dig those floppies out, I could use a refresher on this story!

When I heard the name of the series, and the premise, this is what came to mind...

1) The Flash's outfit reminds me of the Earth-3 Flash.

2) That's not Batman! That's Booster Gold dressed as Batman.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Ah, i remember that show. There was some interesting ideas in it.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    1) The Flash's outfit reminds me of the Earth-3 Flash.

2) That's not Batman! That's Booster Gold dressed as Batman.
    I was trying to remember where I saw that costume before, it was Johnny Quicks! Now he just needs Atomica and he will be all set.
    I have no beef with Vegans

i will check it out!
    MY Pull List: MARVEL: Amazing Spider-man, Spider-Man 2099, Star Wars DC: Earth 2: society, Superman, Action, Batman, Batman Beyond, titans, teen titans; IMAGE: Lazarus, Outcast, Southern Bastards IDW: Star Trek: Boldly Go VALIANT Ninjak

Quote Originally Posted by FishboneX View Post
    Hmm, i suppose I could very well be the one getting confused! I am going to go dig those floppies out, I could use a refresher on this story!
    IMHO, this story always deserves a re-reading. I really love it.

Peace

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...2-society-more

It's weird . . . the idea of "...but can Green Lantern, Power Girl, a new Batman and the other heroes of Earth-2 create a new world that’s better than the last, or will their interference and good intentions doom this world, just like the old one?" sounds very similar to me to an old Marvel comic book series.

Anybody remember

Didn't the Squadron Supreme members get stuck on the main Marvel universe? I think in the case of Earth 2: Society, the heroes and the others survivors of Earth 2 are not going to stay on the main DC earth but will go terraform some world that has more empty space on it so that they can really remake in the image of their own lost world. Maybe they'll settle on the destroyed Earth 3? Whatever world it is, the "codex" from the Worlds' End book will probably have a lot to do with how they reshape it.

I guess it could be ambiguous, though; does anyone think that the Earth survivors are going to stay on the main DC earth, and "create a new world" is meant figuratively? I hope not; I think the Justice Society heroes still belong on a world where they can be the main heroes.

a new Batman
    Do they mean Thomas Wayne, or someone even newer? Earth 2 Dick Grayson?
    Last edited by Silvanus; 03-11-2015 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    Do they mean Thomas Wayne, or someone even newer? Earth 2 Dick Grayson?
    I don't think it's Thomas, i'm assuming that it's E2 Dick Grayson, I mean who else could it be?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Drake View Post
    I don't think it's Thomas, i'm assuming that it's E2 Dick Grayson, I mean who else could it be?
    Surely the only reason for that ugly-as-sin Batman Mask is that it looks a little like Wildcat's?

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Surely the only reason for that ugly-as-sin Batman Mask is that it looks a little like Wildcat's?
    Could it really be Helena?

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I really hope that he's not Ted since he should really be Wildcat.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Could it really be Helena?
    Not unless she's started crossdressing and taking steroids. That's clearly a dude.

I don't see who it would be other than Dick.