Default The Shadow: Year One #9 (of 10)

Bimonthly! In pursuit of his enemy, The Shadow and Margo Lane must uncover the mysterious secrets of Chinatown, an area of the city that seems suddenly cloaked in a miasma of dread. As the intrepid Reporter inches ever closer to discovering The Shadow's own secrets, the black-cloaked Master of Darkness finally comes face-to-face with his long-time nemesis-Dr. Zorn! Eisner Award-winning writer Matt Wagner and artists Wilfredo Torres and Brennan Wagner bring this exciting expose of The Shadow's first adventures closer and closer to its thrilling conclusion.

Rating: Teen +
    Fans - each cover has its own UPC so you and your retailers can order the special cover of your choice!
    Cover A: Matt Wagner - UPC: 725130202192 09011
    Cover B: Alex Ross - UPC: 725130202192 09021
    Cover C: Chris Samnee - UPC: 725130202192 09031
    Cover D: Howard Chaykin - UPC: 725130202192 09041
    Writer: Matt Wagner
    Art: Wilfredo Torres
    Genre: Super-Hero, Adventure
    Publication Date: Apr 2014
    Format: Comic Book
    Page Count: 32 pages
    ON SALE DATE: April 30
    http://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/vi...13020219209011
    Another book that Dynamite was a little off on the availability date . . . this one is due out this Wednesday, May 21st (according to ComicList).

Oh, and while there are the four different versions of the cover, there's also this variant:

I love Torres' work on this!

This has been the one out of Dynamites Shadow comics that I have liked the most - also at the end of each issue I can't wait for the next - Plotting, artwork, and key ingredients of the Shadow back-story are all here - shame it has to end.

This was definitely an enjoyable issue (and series overall), but it is annoying that we have to wait two months (and hopefully not more ) for the final one.

I do wonder what the hold up is, since Torres is doing the next arc for Valiant's Quantum and Woody – his lines should be all done by now!

Quote Originally Posted by thewarning View Post
    I do wonder what the hold up is, since Torres is doing the next arc for Valiant's Quantum and Woody – his lines should be all done by now!
    There could be other things, like delays / changes in the script, or even delays in Dynamite's being able to get a book printed.

Could be Dynamite taking time to work out which set of ads to put in the back 10 pages ...

All-New Member

I'm all caught up with this book, too bad it wasn't going until issue #12 to make it a full "YEAR ONE" like with Green Hornet (which was amazing as well). I highly enjoyed SHadow's Year One story, it has so many epic moments that really made this feel like a definitive Shadow series.