Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I half wonder if Felicia hasn't somehow been mind-controlled by Doc Ock. Though the ramifications of that are pretty out there and distasteful, I have to say.
    Out there I can agree with, but how would it be distasteful?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Out there I can agree with, but how would it be distasteful?
    Symbolic mind rape.

Ultimate Member

No matter how this goes, I don't see how it can possibly be resolved in a GOOD way. Either she's doing this all of her own volition, which completely ruins her character, or she's under some kind of manipulation/mind-control/possession/etc, which is a really cheap and lazy plot-device. Both options are really bad here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shockdingo View Post
    I don't know, all Ock did was punch her, he didn't really do anything suspicious that could make us think "Oh wait, what was in that vial he stuck her with?" Or something like "Why did his lenses look different before he swung off?", "Why did she seem dazed?", if Felicia's big change is Ock's 100 days plan, then they really haven't set it up at all. We don't see them interact other than the punch, there's nothing remotely hinting that he may have done something to her other than web her up. IF this is how it does all go down, then it'll feel like it was just thrown in. That's just how I feel.
    Remember we weren't given a clue about Spock taking over Pete's body until it was actually revealed. Only then did they show the Octobot zapping Pete in the head. Why not the same routine here? We know Spock has used nannites before, why not right there on Felicia. Or maybe another Octobot while she was in prison. Slott wouldn't give us a clue before, why would he now?

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Remember we weren't given a clue about Spock taking over Pete's body until it was actually revealed. Only then did they show the Octobot zapping Pete in the head. Why not the same routine here? We know Spock has used nannites before, why not right there on Felicia. Or maybe another Octobot while she was in prison. Slott wouldn't give us a clue before, why would he now?
    We had a single issue of Spock taking over Peter's body. This would be different, given Black Cat's numerous appearances since SSM 19. It's an interesting theory, but there would likely be complications given scenes in which the Black Cat is alone, and Otto's sparking personality.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

how is spider-man powered-down? How much can he lift? how much can he leap? does his spider-sense work anymore?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    posted this on another threat but thinks it worth noting here as well;

There is a bigger story behind Felicia's turn than we are being led to believe. Keep in mind this all began when Spock beat her up and left her for the authorities. That happened in Superior in the issue immediately after Spock had returned from the future. As we learned in the Spiderverse Arc, Spock knew when he returned to the present that Pete would eventually return and resume as the one true Spiderman. Spock even supposedly implemented a plan while in the future as he told his holographic Anna Marie to "sleep" for 100 days. Is Felicia part of that?

The first "villain" he encounters upon returning is Felicia, who Spock knows has a long history with Pete. Felicia turns on this event. Why? Like so many has said, even after she finds out it was Spock and not Pete, she maintains her hate for Pete. This makes no sense, as Ock tried to kill her in the past and almost succeeded. Felicia should be hunting Ock, not Pete. Also why all the story arcs and guest spots to try and sell us on her as a villain? Even in those arcs, she doesn't do much worse than just beat or have people beat up, which is what any superhero does. Slott never really lets her cross that line to evil. even when people die around her, (when the prison blows up, when the evil doc get caught in the escalator) there is ambiguity as to if she is truly responsible. It is never directly by her hand. Why? Felicia changes her custom, subtlety but still changes. Who else did that? Spock when he became Spidey. coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.

Slott is setting things up for a big confrontation between Felicia and Spidey in the future. The hard sell on her turning bad is all to pull us in. Spock may behind all this. He's using her to create a criminal empire for him to inherit when he returns with the additional gravy of hurting Spidey by using Felicia. That's just one possibility.

If I'm wrong and this is truly to make Felicia a villain, they're doing an lousy, lousy job.
    Another thing was when She said that she and her father were very close in her side story in ASM #1 while in prison. Historically, she never knew her father very well as he was locked up in jail....