Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    "Should I have let all those school kids die?"

"Maybe."

When I look at Man of Steel [and it's not easy] I see a Clark became who Superman in spite of Costner's Jonathan, not because of him.
    Does the word "Maybe" mean "Yes" in Australia? Because here in the states it just means "It's a possibility."

Oh, then there's body language and tone of voice. No part of what he was saying looked sincere during any of MY multiple viewings of MOS. If he was sincere, he would've simply said "Yes" and eliminated all doubt on his position.

And Jonathan Kent ran TOWARD a tornado in order to rescue other people and a dog. Cowards do not do that and they don't teach their sons to do that either.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Please remember to keep the thread Steve Trevor related.

Thank you

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Does the word "Maybe" mean "Yes" in Australia? Because here in the states it just means "It's a possibility."

Oh, then there's body language and tone of voice. No part of what he was saying looked sincere during any of MY multiple viewings of MOS. If he was sincere, he would've simply said "Yes" and eliminated all doubt on his position.

And Jonathan Kent ran TOWARD a tornado in order to rescue other people and a dog. Cowards do not do that and they don't teach their sons to do that either.
    http://www.cbr.com/saturday-on-the-farm/

And here is the cover of the "Wonder Woman: Steve Trevor" one-shot!

Although I preferred the variant one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
    ^This so much.
    To me the biggest problem of Man of Steel wasn't Clark, but Jonathan. Everything about him was wrong, he was not the man that inspired Clark to do his best for human kind in the comics. I like how No Man's Land scene was basically the counterpoint to MoS hurricane scene when Clark lets his father die because he is told so.
    Good parallel with the No-Man's land scene, where it is actually Steve telling her it can't be done.

What I liked about what happened next from an awesome Steve point of view is he follows her out. Not to save her as a damsel in distress, but to back her up and follow her lead.

After the battle, he gives her all the credit for liberating the village. "You did this."

And Diana, being Diana, disagrees. "WE did this." Because it takes strength to follow.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
    Although I preferred the variant one.
    Heh.

Why does Steve have his shirt off?

A better question would be, why would he NOT have his shirt off?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Why did they give him a beard who do they think he is Green arrow

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    Why did they give him a beard who do they think he is Green arrow
    Green Arrow wishes he was Steve Trevor.

The beard is so you can tell the difference between Steve and this guy...

I wish they'd do more to develop Steve and Etta as the heads of ARGUS and incorporate it into the Wonderverse, so there's another interesting backdrop for Diana's stories. I'm thinking how Batman has Arkham Asylum and Superman has STAR Labs associated with their mythos.

Who do you think is the better pilot, Steve Trevor or Hal Jordan?

Also, a solution for the invisible jet/airship might be to give it to Steve. I'm an advocate for Steve being in ARGUS and ARGUS being developed within the Wonder mythos (kind of how STARLabs and Cadmus belong to Superman.) It might make sense for it to be a gift from the Amazons and his personal/his team's vehicle.

I'd also like to see a story where Steve Trevor, Carol Ferris, Iris West, Catwoman, Lois Lane, and Mera are all hanging out while the JLA is on some adventure talking about their relationships.

What is Argus? I mean should since Diana generally is science and magic mixing or should be , have magical elements. Like are they the MIB and Magic congress for magic and humans,

I don't know how much of this I'd still canon in Rebirth, but Steve was the head of the governmental when the DCnU launched.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/A.R.G.U.S._(Prime_Earth)

ARGUS overseas the Red Room, Black Room, and Circus which house dangerous/unknown technology, magical and mystical objects, and interdimensional/alien visitors respectively.

I liked the concept when introduced, but not a lot has been done with it. I think it'd be an excellent concept to develop in Wonder Woman - it gives her lots of places to go storywise and greater depth to Steve and Etta.