Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Steve Trevor is OFFICIALLY AWESOME :)

Because he is...

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Steve Trevor was one of the few characters to actually gain anything by the New52 reboot. I like what they have done with him thus far.

Good lord. Hellooooo Steve! I've not been following the comics of late, but I know I'm glad he's getting some more page time in recent books.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Because he is...

Extraordinary Member

Even famous Wonder Woman writers agree...

Steve Trevor has been shown to be really amazing in the New 52. He is driven and skilled and pretty much a superhero in his own right now. I hope he takes ARGUS stories in interesting new directions. I also like his banter with Killer Frost. He's definitely a big character success story in recent years

Amazing Member

So only a couple more weeks till we get confirmed doses of awesomeness!

Though (and I'm keeping my fingers crossed) we might see him next week. Assuming Steve is even alive after the whole Earth-2 War he might show up in #2 assuming his sorta friendship(?) with GA didn't completely fall apart after the trinity war. Regardless, I'm keepin' my fingers crossed!

EDIT: Nevermind he's alive in the 5 years later timeline. Showed up to a funeral in his armor for some reason though. Probably just so readers would recognize him. Hopefully he'll actually get to do things or atleast speak at some point.
    Last edited by SaintRhon; 05-12-2014 at 10:56 AM.

I love that Steve is actually a viable character in the 'New 52'.

The neutering of his character post-Crisis was one of the flaws in that revamp. Making him too old to serve any sort of romantic interest for Diana left him shuffled aside much of the time, and of little use to other stories outside of Wonder Woman's title.

He's been consistently amazing since the launch of the 'New 52', standing as an intriguing character in his own right... yet retaining ties to Diana's corner of the DCU. I love it!

EDIT:

For those of you inclined to check it out, he's also debuted in the Smallville comics (along side Diana herself!!), where he's proven equally interesting:

Last edited by klinton; 05-10-2014 at 06:29 PM.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Steve Trevor.

Love interest.

A man barely alive.

Gentlemen (and ladies), we can rebuild him.

We have the creativity.

We have the ability to re-make Wonder Woman's true leading man.

Steve Trevor can be that man.

Better than he was before.

Better.

Stronger.

Faster.

<cue the music>

For those of you who are way too young to get the reference:

To me, Steve Trevor needs to be revamped.

Soul of Clark.

Mind of Bruce.

Wit of Wally.

Courage of Hal.

Face of Arthur.

Body of Dick (Grayson).

If we're casting for the cinematic Steve Trevor, my first vote (in 2014) goes to this guy

Sam Claflin, aka Finnick from HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE

Right face, right build, right age, right height, right amount of fame, right asking price. All in IMO, of course.

Anyone have a favorite for their Steve Trevor casting choice?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

It's a real shame that DC hasn't followed up the ARGUS minis series with another one. That was probably the best of the Forever Evil storyline.

BANNED

hot charlie hunnam

or chris pine

trevor on sv was inspired on Pine

Incredible Member

So while I don't mind reading SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN, I know (hope?) that that particular relationship will run its course before BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is released in 2016. At that point I want it to be full steam ahead for Diana x Steve, no more detours.

In the interim, I'm wondering ... during/after this whole ARGUS thing, maybe Steve should get a new career path?

Maybe stay in the military, but enter another field.

How does Doctor Steve Trevor grab ya?

My thing about Steve (kinda like Lois with Superman), if you, as a man, are meant to be right for the Ultimate Woman, then you better be one provable heck of a man. I feel they've never done a consistent job about that with Steve.

So, say, next year or so, Steve gets medical training (or 2 years worth of med text learning via downloaded memory chip or something sci/fi) and begins to work as an emergency room doctor in trouble areas around the world. Supes and Wondy go their separate ways in late 2015, and by then Steve's accrued a much better perspective post-New 52 to be her consort.

Steve as physician? Could it work?

Rethinking Steve Trevor (i.e. how to make him more memorable and more awesome) ...

Steve needs to return to the Wonderverse, first and foremost.

Diana is dating Kal-El right now, that's fine. But most of us know that this is an extended storyline that will ultimately come to an end, esp if Wonder Woman is ever to truly be her own successful alpha hero and center of her own fiefdom.

I'm positive that Steve Trevor will have a BIG role in the Wonder Woman solo feature film from WB. Seeing as Gal Gadot is basically like Christopher Reeve pre-SUPERMAN THE MOVIE in terms of box office draw, the guy who plays opposite her as Steve Trevor needs to be a more established movie star. Someone who will draw people in. Some under-40-year-old who can pull off blonde hair, in great shape and oozes natural charisma.

How about ...

"Hey Girl ... I don't know how this meme works".

Ryan Gosling could work as Steve Trevor.

BANNED

Gosling no doubt is a good coice, he can be a badass and also a very sweet man. women already love him. I really can't ask more
    I just don't know if he would be interested, he probably would want a lead role for his own franchise