Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Gosling no doubt is a good coice, he can be a badass and also a very sweet man. women already love him. I really can't ask more
    I just don't know if he would be interested, he probably would want a lead role for his own franchise
    Oh, I don't know.

Amy Adams was a more experienced, more headlining, and (comparatively so far) more Oscar-worthy actor than Henry Cavill and willingly yet took a supporting role in 2013's MAN OF STEEL movie as Lois Lane.

Likewise, Ryan Gosling is a more experiencing, more headlining and (comparatively so far) more Oscar-worthy actor than Gal Gadot ... he may willing take a supporting role in 2017's WONDER WOMAN movie as Steve Trevor.

He DOES look a lot like New52's Steve, doesn't he?

BANNED

well things are different for men. Most of roles in Hollywood are for girlffriends, it's really exceptions like black widow, lucy movie, hunger games; Men get to be the action stars. Also Gosling probably has many offering from other movies, Warner really have to do a very cool project for him. it was hard to marvel make Chris evans accept the role of captain america.
    Anything is possible, steve trevor role is much more tricky than WW;
    Pretty funny that Gosling did Hercule on the young hercule tv show.

Sam Heughan from Outlander, I would put him on the list. He is a rising star.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    well things are different for men. Most of roles in Hollywood are for girlffriends, it's really exceptions like black widow, lucy movie, hunger games; Men get to be the action stars. Also Gosling probably has many offering from other movies, Warner really have to do a very cool project for him. it was hard to marvel make Chris evans accept the role of captain america.
    Anything is possible, steve trevor role is much more tricky than WW;
    Pretty funny that Gosling did Hercule on the young hercule tv show.
    That's one of the many challenges with getting a solo WONDER WOMAN movie done . Brand recognition alone won't do it. You need movie stars with certifiable box office drawing power. SUPERMAN THE MOVIE would never have been made at all in 1978 if WB hadn't first secured Marlon Brando as Jor-El and Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor well before they cast relative unknowns Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder. Likewise, BATMAN never gets made in 1989 unless WB gets Jack Nicholson as the Joker before getting half-known Michael Keaton.

BATMAN V SUPERMAN isn't going to make Gal Gadot a movie star, not when Wondy is purported to be just an extended cameo at this point. Her movie is going to need bona fide movie stars to help ensure a good to great opening weekend in 2017 or whenever it comes out. If not Gal, then who is the box office draw here? The actress who plays Cheetah? Or Circe? Or the guy who plays Ares? (Just guessing on the villain here). No doubt whoever the villain is, they'll be much more well-known than Gal. But it's way more likely that the male love interest will be half the draw to casual viewers (and the romance factor WILL be played UP, like it or not).

I think Ryan Gosling or someone of equitable standing would be game for playing Steve Trevor. Basically, add another zero before the decimal in his proposed paycheck and he'll do it. He has a kid to think about now

Sam Heughan from Outlander, I would put him on the list. He is a rising star.
    Has the right look for Steve. This guy is actually OLDER than Ryan Gosling, btw (by about half a year). He's also way too tall (6'3" to Ryan's 6'0") for my liking (as Gal is only 5'9"). Steve should not physically dwarf the amazon Diana. In fact, I feel it should be the opposite, personally. See my avatar:

Regardless, the actor who plays Steve Trevor needs to be a bigger B.O. draw than Gal Gadot, or they need to get a HUGE mega-movie star to play the villain.

Hey Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, Orion and you all other would-be Wonder-paramours, this guy has one thing to say to you:

"Move aside, and let The Man go through." (to quote Soul Coughing's lyrics to the song Super Bon Bon)

Also, holy crap, Steve Trevor was on SUPER FRIENDS???

What episode was this??
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 10-03-2014 at 11:14 AM.

To you guys could Steve have been written better before New 52 to be a love interested? I feel that him and Diana work good with each other. I think Steve made a couple of appearances in Superfriends

BANNED

Let me be a drag and suggest a few things.

One, Steve Trevor as a viable character would be a character in the process of changing or growing. I absolutely believe that static characters are not interesting, even for supporting characters. Trevor, as a companion to Diana, would be in the process of change (and it's probably growth). He can still be a badass, but there are things he probably should learn as a friend to Diana--that would make him interesting for him to learn OR unlearn things.

Second, let's specify some things. Is he still a colonel? Because if he is, there's some unexamined creepiness there because most colones are in the 45-50 year old range....even captains would be substantially older that what Diana is said to be. (and given his status in the DC Universe, he's definitely officer material). Me, I'd actually go with that age difference as something they struggled with and THOUGHT was an obstacle.....

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Steve Trevor.

Love interest.

A man barely alive.

Gentlemen (and ladies), we can rebuild him.

We have the creativity.

We have the ability to re-make Wonder Woman's true leading man.

Steve Trevor can be that man.

Better than he was before.

Better.

Stronger.

Faster.

<cue the music>

For those of you who are way too young to get the reference:

To me, Steve Trevor needs to be revamped.

Soul of Clark.

Mind of Bruce.

Wit of Wally.

Courage of Hal.

Face of Arthur.

Body of Dick (Grayson).

If we're casting for the cinematic Steve Trevor, my first vote (in 2014) goes to this guy

Sam Claflin, aka Finnick from HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE

Right face, right build, right age, right height, right amount of fame, right asking price. All in IMO, of course.

Anyone have a favorite for their Steve Trevor casting choice?
    I loved Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman when I was a kid!

3603892.jpg

Jason Lewis ... he's just as pretty as Sam, but a touch more rugged IMO which fits Steve

An captain would be around his 20s normally. After entering the military it normally takes 4 years to be promoted to captain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post

One, Steve Trevor as a viable character would be a character in the process of changing or growing. I absolutely believe that static characters are not interesting, even for supporting characters. Trevor, as a companion to Diana, would be in the process of change (and it's probably growth). He can still be a badass, but there are things he probably should learn as a friend to Diana--that would make him interesting for him to learn OR unlearn things.

Second, let's specify some things. Is he still a colonel? Because if he is, there's some unexamined creepiness there because most colones are in the 45-50 year old range....even captains would be substantially older that what Diana is said to be. (and given his status in the DC Universe, he's definitely officer material). Me, I'd actually go with that age difference as something they struggled with and THOUGHT was an obstacle.....
    that could be interesting, he was probably older than her. hate when things like this happen, we have no idea how was ww and steve dating.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    To you guys could Steve have been written better before New 52 to be a love interested? I feel that him and Diana work good with each other. I think Steve made a couple of appearances in Superfriends
    he could have a better role on DCU pre-new 52, he could have worked in checkmate or something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post

Definitely agree. I kinda think a new profession would be great for Steve. Keep him in the military, but give him a career that sets him apart or where he can be the epitome of the profession (Lois Lane = journalist, Selina Kyle = thief, Steve Trevor = soldier? .... well, no that's not really him ... spy? please, let's not turn him into James Bond ... doctor/medic ... now THERE's something that's promising. Not sure how you could work that into New52 continuity, but then, this is comics. Anything is possible.

Again, this is comics, where the dead are resurrected on a monthly basis, the past gets rewritten on a yearly basis, and characters often succumb to PIS. Steve isn't most colonels. In the DCU, he can be entirely in his 20s and have achieved that rank as a rising star and no one blinks. And I'm pretty sure that in this New52 continuity, Steve hasn't crossed 30 years old yet. He is age appropriate for Diana, no worries there.

Extraordinary Member

Staring... staring... staring...

If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Way too long since this thread was updated

If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Yeah, Clark's dad just taught him to make very certain that he knew who he was before he went ahead and touched off a massive paradigm shift in Earth's history, to put other people's needs and safety ahead of his own, tocarefully consider the consequences of his actions, and how to love someone enough to be willing to sacrifice yourself for him/her.

Oh and he definitely did NOT teach Clark to do nothing when something wrong went down.

Seems to me like Clark's dad and Steve's dad weren't too different.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post

Oh and he definitely did NOT teach Clark to do nothing when something wrong went down.
    "Should I have let all those school kids die?"

"Maybe."

When I look at Man of Steel [and it's not easy] I see a Clark became who Superman in spite of Costner's Jonathan, not because of him.
    Last edited by brettc1; 06-25-2017 at 06:14 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    "Should I have let all those school kids die?"

"Maybe."

When I look at Man of Steel [and it's not easy] I see a Clark became who Superman in spite of Costner's Jonathan, not because of him.
    ^This so much.
    To me the biggest problem of Man of Steel wasn't Clark, but Jonathan. Everything about him was wrong, he was not the man that inspired Clark to do his best for human kind in the comics. I like how No Man's Land scene was basically the counterpoint to MoS hurricane scene when Clark lets his father die because he is told so.
    Last edited by DoctorWho; 06-25-2017 at 06:28 PM.