Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M Davis View Post
    I think it is a shout out to Linda Danvers. Matrix Supergirl from Peter Davids 90's run.

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney doesn't stick the lawyers on this pretty soon.
    they don't own last names, lol

Yep, that's an actress wearing normal clothes. How exciting!

The actress may as well be out getting coffee. This could be from a normal day in her life, how is it news worthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post

The actress may as well be out getting coffee. This could be from a normal day in her life, how is it news worthy?

first set photos? of a superhero in civilian identity?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M Davis View Post
    I think it is a shout out to Linda Danvers. Matrix Supergirl from Peter Davids 90's run.

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney doesn't stick the lawyers on this pretty soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    I'd be very surprised since Disney has no case. Anyone can use the last name Danvers.
    I think if anything Disney might take exception to the use of Kara Danvers because it sounds similar to Carol Danvers. That's if it's pronounced on the show ke-ra, rather than kar-ra. It could make it harder for the general public to distinguish between Supergirl and Captain Marvel. Not will - could. I think Marvel would suffer from the confusion more than DC would as Supergirl is way more recognized than Captain Marvel. I don't think Disney can do anything about it though.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post

She's clearly in costume. If the clothes and the glasses weren't enough evidence, look at the prop magazines and newspaper.

I find the news interesting because I want to know what Kara's other persona looks like. If they are playing the secret identity the classic Clark/Superman fashion, I think Benoist has the range to pull that off as well as any Superman actor has. She can play a dork very easily, it'll be really interesting to see her Supergirl.
    Last edited by confusiongrows; 03-12-2015 at 05:58 PM.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I think if anything Disney might take exception to the use of Kara Danvers because it sounds similar to Carol Danvers. That's if it's pronounced on the show ke-ra, rather than kar-ra. It could make it harder for the general public to distinguish between Supergirl and Captain Marvel. Not will - could. I think Marvel would suffer from the confusion more than DC would as Supergirl is way more recognized than Captain Marvel. I don't think Disney can do anything about it though.
    I think it was intentional on WB's part since Disney decided to introduce thanos (based off Darkseid). If DC can't use one of their premier villains without issue might as well reclaim the Danvers name from Marvel's current it-girl.

Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    If Warner can get the Shazam movie out before Marvel's Captain Marvel movie (and Dwayne Johnson recently said it was coming sooner than expected), then they can use that name first too.
    that would be so hilarious. If shazam and supergirl gets to the movies/tv before Carol. Shazam takes her code name 'captain marvel' and Kara gets her name sounding similar to hers 'kara danvers' hehehe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    I think it was intentional on WB's part since Disney decided to introduce thanos (based off Darkseid). If DC can't use one of their premier villains without issue might as well reclaim the Danvers name from Marvel's current it-girl.
    Totes fair.