Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spider-Man 2099 #10 Spoilers/Discussion

Attachment 19068
    I'd say by far the most satisfying Spider-book today.

spoilers:
    Finally addressing some valid criticism from a few reviews I've read ("Why doesn't he just use Doom's time machine?"), Miguel goes and does just that in the warped 2099 future to set things right in modern 616. Too bad Maestro is now there as well, since Miguel fixed the broken time machine but couldn't keep the activation device on his side of the timeline.

I'm officially out of ideas on how Marvel time travel works anymore, though, at least after Age Of Ultron. 2099 has been (re?)retconned to be future 616 as per Amazing #15 and whatever S-Man has done in present time has apparently screwed up said future, forcing him to go back. None of this causes a paradox or divergent timeline nor does Miguel get brain damage like Ock did due to "crossing his own timestream".

Really hoping we see more of Strange as well as the 2099 supporting cast.

What was up with that little arrow and the "Storm!?" scribble in the Maestro harem btw? Did they just forget to remove the artist's notes as in the legendary "Map of Asgard"?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Webhead; 03-11-2015 at 05:20 PM.

I don't think it was anything that Miguel did in the past that messed up 2099 since it was normal when he left with Lady Spider. I think it had to do with something Stone did since 2099 only changed after he scanned the device he got from his Exiles self.

As for Strange, she was never dead to begin with. It was shown at the end of the issue the whole thing of him being put in the cell with her was Maestro's plan to trick him into fixing the time platform. Strange is possessed and the demon was using a glamor spell to appear as she normally does.

Oh, damn. Read that bit too fast for my own good. Apologies.

BANNED

What's happening with hulk probably has some connection with duggans omega hulk. This is probably the best spider book this week.

Best spidey book right here.

Looks like David is going to at least get to tie up a few loose ends before Secret Wars.

I would have liked to see the whole story of Miguel maybe influencing Liz and Tiberius to make Alchemex less evil over time, but now at least we won't be left with a flat-out dangling storyline.

this title continues to shine. I really really hope it's back after secret wars. I'm intrigued by secret wars 2099, but the spider-man 2099 title needs to be back.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Best spidey book right here.
    Agreed. Spider-woman as of revamp is my forerunner for second. This book is concluding too soon.
    I make love, you make me sick.

I wish I shared you guys enthusiasm on this one. Granted, this was its best issue.

Does anyone have any guesses if the demoness possessor is a known Handbook character?

And the the choreography was a tad unclear - how did (Miguel think) Maestro appear to be killed with the iron man tech fired at him? Did S-man rip off and arm and torpedo a guantlet that caused a lot of deceptive smoke when it hit Maestro's gut?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I wish I shared you guys enthusiasm on this one. Granted, this was its best issue.
    This was not bad at all but also just average.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBeveridge
    While there's a lot to like with this book, there's also the problem that it's all pretty plainly obvious what's going on and what's going to happen throughout it. There's a nice little nudge of a twist or two with who all is involved, but the Maestro's plan is so basic and obvious that the only reason it works is because Miguel wants to right things no matter what.
    How so? Others in this thread seem to be expecting the same outcome - whatever they think.

The end result is formulaic but fun, which certainly works for this series as it barrels towards its ending.
    It was a nicely fast paced, quick read.

Part of the fun here is just in checking out the trophy room since it was like a chance where Will Sliney got to have fun in picking and choosing what to put in there and running with it, which means we get some interesting and fun choices.
    Well, moreso for newer readers as this was done in Future Imperfect. And probably a couple times since. Still, I gotta admit The Hood's cloak was a neat twist.

Sliney has definitely done really well with this series and this issue is no exception. I just wish he had something a little more to work with after all this time rather than serving the needs of various events.
    Yeah the book suffers from a prolonged absence of a supporting cast - which this title is already in short supply of.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Miguel was just hoping it worked and more still reeling from recent events and just concerned with getting away from there. He clearly believes this is all due to a mistake in the past and can be corrected.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So was there no ties to Secret Wars in this two parter then? I figured from the covers this would be an incursion between 2099 and Future Imperfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    Yeah the book suffers from a prolonged absence of a supporting cast - which this title is already in short supply of.
    Well he's only had 5-6 issues to get things started and he did have some supporting charas. at first. But then Spide-

...Oh god, it happened again. GODDANG YOU CROSSOVERS!

It will be interesting to see what happens between this and secret wars 2099
    MY Pull List: MARVEL: Amazing Spider-man, Spider-Man 2099, Star Wars DC: Earth 2: society, Superman, Action, Batman, Batman Beyond, titans, teen titans; IMAGE: Lazarus, Outcast, Southern Bastards IDW: Star Trek: Boldly Go VALIANT Ninjak

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venom2099 View Post
    It will be interesting to see what happens between this and secret wars 2099
    It's likely that the current series will put Miguel back into the future at the end, while also wrapping up the present day story lines as well as it can (which is being done by Peter David, so it'll be pretty satisfying). Then the Secret Wars mini will redefine the 2099 universe and we'll either get a Spidey 2099 book back or just one called 2099. And then we'll have the whole timeline as the cast.