Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Spidey & The X-Men #4 SPoilers/Review

When we last left Spidey & the X-Kids they had just returned to school after getting kidnapped by Mojo and Chameleon. We also learned that Rachel has discovered who Spidey really is and that whoever the mole is working for....they're compensation is a new body.

After a bit of super heroing, Spidey talks with Storm and he comes clean about why he's here. Storm is a little aggravated at first but they talk it out. Right now Hellion and Glob are the top of Spidey's list of culprits. Afterword Beast decides to have a Science Showdown with Spidey to take him down a notch. Spidey accepts and names Rockslide and Shark Girl team captains, much to Hellion's dismay. He also mentions he's going to get his revenge and that Spidey has made a powerful enemy.

Manwhile Rachel talks to Storm about how she doesn't trust Spidey and thinks he's going to be just like Ahab or Trask. So she decides to pull the answers out but it turns out someone is shielding his mind. Rockslide and SG pick teams as they try to rebuild Sauron's DNA machine. Glob laments being picked last and tries to find No Girl, who just so happens to be in Spidey's office which has been ransacked. They return to class and begin working again. Glob and Rockslide have a Broment, where Rockslide gives Glob some advice about showing what he's made of.
    The next day the SPidey and Beast show of their inventions. While this is happening Rachel ends up having a psychic battle with Martha. It should be noted that Martha (at least in her mental form) looks almost like one of the Cuckoos. The two do Psychic battle, and Rachel almost goes Phoenix on her. During the battle Rachel finds out who the mole is and she points at Hellion, Glob and Ernst. But then Martha wipes Rachel's mind. Spidey and No Girl go talk in the other room when they hear a scream. They rush in to see that Beast's machine (which was a portal to the SWORD base) opens up and out comes Deathbird and her Brood-Symbiote Imperium.

A sold issue. I say this is probbaly the most plot driven of the series so far, but that being said I didn't enjoy as much as the previous issues. I still liked it though. I will say the art on the first three issues was better though, because RB Silva's art kinds comes off as a weaker version of Anka's. And while I enjoy Anka's art, Silva's is just ok. It didn't have the energy of Marco Failla.

With two issues left only one question remains: whose the mole?

This issue pretty much nailed it down to ether Glob, Hellion or Ernst. I doubt its Glob because this issue painted him in a real sympathetic light and according to the next issue solicits, next issue will be his greatest hour! Hellion got a few lines that would seem to point the finger at him. Though I question why he would need a new body, when the only thing that's missing is his hands. Plus who would he be working for? Lastly that leaves us with Ernst, who has kinda been flying under the radar a bit. Plus I could see her wanting a new body the most of the 7. The other being Martha, but I think this issue cleared her name.

I'm going with Ernst. It could be Hellion, and if he is....I wand a good explanation because it would be OC. He might clash with the teachers....but he's always been there for his fellow students.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I'm going with Ernst. It could be Hellion, and if he is....I wand a good explanation because it would be OC. He might clash with the teachers....but he's always been there for his fellow students.
    It wouldn't be the first time Hellion got tossed under the bus that way.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Hellion is probably going to be finished being ruined. Sad.

Though, I haven't read the book, and even that said I'm willing to say the mole is none of them. That would make it too obvious. I'm gonna guess No-Girl, Shark Girl, or Rockslide.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It wouldn't be the first time Hellion got tossed under the bus that way.
    True. But i'm willing to give Kalan the benefit of the doubt.....

Mind you that's also what I said about Liu.....and we know that ended up.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Did not like this as much as the others. Though it proves that the RRhhate isn't exclusive to Cyclops.

I say the mole is Ernst now.

BANNED

I never cared for Hellion, and to be honest if he is revealed to be the mole I wouldn't be surprised considering his character personality over the past few years.

I'm thinking the mole could be Ernst and No Girl, meaning both of them are being controlled by Cassandra Nova.

Also, Hellion is probably thinking about going villain against Spider-Man, just another "hero" who looks down on Hellion.

Any thing on Deathbird kid

Wait... this series was already cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I'm thinking the mole could be Ernst and No Girl, meaning both of them are being controlled by Cassandra Nova.
    If they retcon Ernst to being Nova as intended I would die of joy.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/