Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I'm with TBG in that I didn't enjoy this issue as much as the previous couple. I think it's because I can relax and enjoy the hijinks when it's just Spidey and the kids tooling around the Marvel U, but when we're back at the school, I get reminded that the X-Men are generally being treated with less respect than afforded your average Alpha Flight cameo while on their own turf. That's just not cool.

I really enjoy this book - it was nice to see Rachel have a bit of prominence in an issue for once!

Wait... this series was already cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I'm thinking the mole could be Ernst and No Girl, meaning both of them are being controlled by Cassandra Nova.
    If they retcon Ernst to being Nova as intended I would die of joy.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by newmutant View Post
    if they retcon ernst to being nova as intended i would die of joy.
    yes!!!!!!!!!
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Hahaha she sure is...

No-Girl gave Rachel the business in this issue. That whole "most powerful telepath" thing mmmm... that's getting put to the test.
    As you can see in the scans Rachel gets sucker punched after defeating Martha in the astral plane and turning her attention to the culprit. This is not new. The same happened when Rachel defeated Xavier Jr in the astral plane. She was later sucker punched (in the literal sense) by Molly Hayes.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Well, I gave it another try but Rachel treatment here is so appalling that I had to drop the book. What was the point to her learning Peters identity only to mind wipe her via MUCH weaker character? It's as bad as Rachel's treatment in Amazing. Seems only the X-Men book is respecting her character nowadays.

The scan does show that Rachel won until she turned her back to that student who should be kicked out of the school. You don't assault the staff, especially when Rachel was right. Now if anyone dies or gets hurt due to the traitor it's Martha's fault.

Course expecting any repercussions in this book or anyone remembering that Martha assaulted Rachel would be giving the writers too much credit.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 03-12-2015 at 03:22 PM.

Incredible Member

It will even be sadder for Rachel if she doesn't recover her memories. She's supposed to be a top-level telepath. When Havok got memory-wiped by Psylocke, he eventually recovered his memories because of defensive techniques taught by Xavier (and Havok isn't even a telepath). Martha should simply not have been able to that against a conscious and stronger telepath. This implies either telepaths can memory-wipe each other as long as the other is not expecting it OR Martha >>>> Rachel.

The writing team here clearly doesn't care for the x-men so more than likely this will be forgotten and no one will care or punish Martha for what she did. Nor will Martha be blamed when the traitor gets someone hurt. I said it before with issue 1, this isn't a book for X-fans.

Spectacular Member

Or Martha was assisted by another more powerful telepath who's hiding under everyone's noses.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man27 View Post
    Or Martha was assisted by another more powerful telepath who's hiding under everyone's noses.
    Where would they stash an omega level telepath? Quentin isn't an option as he isn't even featured and has no reason to help Martha or attack Rachel whom he knows is far more powerful than him.

Spectacular Member

I'm talking about the theory that Ernst is really Cassandra Nova and has been gathering up strength all this time, lol (I've been reading Grant Morrison's New X-Men for the first time so this is intriguing me)

With how badly treated the actual x-men are treated in this book I wouldn't give much hope in the writers remembering who Cassandra Nova even is. Heck, the wiped Rachel's memory in the very next issue that she learned something plot important.

Only plus was seeing storm helping Rachel and being angry at rachel in pain.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man27 View Post
    I'm talking about the theory that Ernst is really Cassandra Nova and has been gathering up strength all this time, lol (I've been reading Grant Morrison's New X-Men for the first time so this is intriguing me)
    You know speaking of Cassandra Nova, if she were involved in this, she could be possessing the body of the student which could further explain why they want a new body.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    It will even be sadder for Rachel if she doesn't recover her memories. She's supposed to be a top-level telepath. When Havok got memory-wiped by Psylocke, he eventually recovered his memories because of defensive techniques taught by Xavier (and Havok isn't even a telepath). Martha should simply not have been able to that against a conscious and stronger telepath. This implies either telepaths can memory-wipe each other as long as the other is not expecting it OR Martha >>>> Rachel.
    This, clearly.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaPower View Post
    As you can see in the scans Rachel gets sucker punched after defeating Martha in the astral plane and turning her attention to the culprit. This is not new. The same happened when Rachel defeated Xavier Jr in the astral plane. She was later sucker punched (in the literal sense) by Molly Hayes.
    I see what happened, but I wouldn't call what Rachel did a "defeat". No-Girl seemed fine enough to proceed with another attack (sucker punch or not) immediately afterward. My point being that No-Girl, despite Rachel's impressive power and TP defenses, got over on her here.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    This, clearly.
    Lol
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.