Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Current theory is that it's only going to last for six issues anyway. Which is good if true, because the second issue drop was steeper than the second volume of Wolverine & the X-Men. I don't think retailers have a lot of faith in the whole "goofy adventures school-kids book" concept at this point.
    Sales drop was probably because of X-men's portrayal as Spiderman haters. Goofy school kids book might work as long as the other X-men dont come off as terrible. Spiderman and X-men's biggest problem is the portrayal of JGS staff ,other that that , it is a decent book.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    Sales drop was probably because of X-men's portrayal as Spiderman haters. Goofy school kids book might work as long as the other X-men dont come off as terrible. Spiderman and X-men's biggest problem is the portrayal of JGS staff ,other that that , it is a decent book.
    Until this past issue, retailers were probably still basing their orders for SXM on the utter lack of interest in the last volume of WXM. It usually takes a few issues before the actual demand for a title can be measured.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 03-14-2015 at 07:07 AM.

Current theory is that it's only going to last for six issues anyway. Which is good if true, because the second issue drop was steeper than the second volume of Wolverine & the X-Men. I don't think retailers have a lot of faith in the whole "goofy adventures school-kids book" concept at this point.
    Kalan himself said his schedule only allowed him to write six issues, he is the lead writer for the Daly Show, so unless a new writer picks it up post SW...its done.

Makes a wee bit sad actually.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Kalan himself said his schedule only allowed him to write six issues, he is the lead writer for the Daly Show, so unless a new writer picks it up post SW...its done.

Makes a wee bit sad actually.
    Then if it gets picked up after those first six issues by a new writer, I might actually try to read it, at least so long as they dial back the "X-Men hate anyone coming into their territory that isn't a mutant like them or is an Avenger" crap.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    The writing team here clearly doesn't care for the x-men so more than likely this will be forgotten and no one will care or punish Martha for what she did. Nor will Martha be blamed when the traitor gets someone hurt. I said it before with issue 1, this isn't a book for X-fans.
    Well hey now, she's more X-Man material than we thought! Because the X-Man always get punished for treating their students like s***, right?

Wrong.

Until this past issue, retailers were probably still basing their orders for SXM on the utter lack of interest in the last volume of WXM. It usually takes a few issues before the actual demand for a title can be measured.
    Anecdotal evidence here: picked up my copy yesterday, and LCS guy told me I was one of the few customers he has to pick up the series. Don't think he's ordering more than a handful each month to begin with. Isn't surprising because if it's just going to be six issues, I can see some people waiting until the trade comes out then and have the run in one complete trade.

I like the book. It's kooky and comes from left field in some ways. I'm a little disappointed, yes, that it isn't the Spider-Man/Phoenix team-up some of us thought it would be before it came out, but I can judge it on its own merit. The Mojo-verse issue was really fun to read for me, ad I love the alliterative promo for the next issue at the end. Reminds me a lot of the Batman '66 show, which I think is where Kalan is coming from with this series. There's camp in spades in part, and if that's not someone's style, I can see it being a hugh turnoff.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"