Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This book is such a spiritual sequel to Superior Foes in all the best of ways. Spencer on point with the entire dialogue and some hilarious moments with Taskmaster. So much heart in this series.

The Cross plot is interesting and if he's brought back I do expect him to be less one note.

Its was cool to see Taskmaster being Taskmaster.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I finished this issue wondering why Taskmaster doesn't have an ongoing in the pipeline. Just seems like a Grade A professional in the business, not malicious or bloodthirsty.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Menacing, but human at the same time. The whole 'arch rival' idea was hilarious.

Another great issue. Probably the funniest so far, but then it took that horrific and tragic turn at the end! Poor Cassie. In a medium where attacks on kids and teenagers happens so frequently, this was the first time I'd ever really been concerned and shocked at seeing an abduction take place.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

BANNED

Just think of what they (Cross and all) probably plan to do with her. This could get disturbing. I can't wait to see.

Well, I hadn't even thought of that! Could be some kind of revenge-style surgery. Using Cassie(Scott's daughter) to save Cross (the antagonist's father). Dramatic, villainous irony!
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    I like the book but I don't recall Scott Lang being a bumbling buffoon.
    I can see that to an extent. I mean this is a guy who took Reed Richards place twice(Not saying he's on Reed's level, but come on! That's got to count for something!)
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Oh yeah, I agree that there was a lot of heart and personality in this issue, from all characters. Some standout moments for me were:

- The dialogue between Taskmaster and Scott. It was quite funny and I certainly liked how Taskmaster showed that this whole archenemy thing is pretty one-sided. There were some great lines too. The aforementioned Jack of Hearts killing of Scott made me smile. But I certainly chuckled when Scott called out Taskmaster's look. Seriously, a ghost pirate Captain America? How the heck does that fit in with Taskmaster's powers? Touche Scott, touche!

- Interestingly enough, there was just enough superheroics in this story. I mean, the fight between Taskmaster and Scott was pretty clever. For the big, bad rep that Taskmaster has in the Marvel Universe (and on these boards), I was glad to see Scott lay in a couple of good shots and seriously not back down. Loved how he commanded those ants to attack Taskmaster. In a way, this highlighted the potential badassedness of Scott. Ostensibly, commanding ants and shrinking to the size of one, don't strike fear into the hearts of criminals. But the way Scott used them in this issue? Hell yeah!

- Loved how all of the seemingly disparate elements (Cross' meeting with Dr. Sondheim, Cassie's concert, Scott meeting with Cassie, Taskmaster distracting Scott) just beautifully came together towards the end of the issue. Very brilliant on Spencer's part.

- Crossfire appearance? ALRIGHT!

Loving this title. Just enough action, humor, and heart. Can't wait for the next one!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    I like the book but I don't recall Scott Lang being a bumbling buffoon.
    Scott was always a bit of a joker but he also had serious side. Spencer adapted the character to his plucky loser underdog narrative which I think is great. It worked for Superior Foes and it works for Ant-Man. The Doctor Doom ass kicking revenge fantasy of FF Scott Lang was fun but not long term sustainable.

I also don't remembet Cassie being 8 years old but I'm rolling with it

Wasn't Taskmaster a vegetable last time we saw him?

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    I also don't remembet Cassie being 8 years old but I'm rolling with it
    She's 15, not 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Wasn't Taskmaster a vegetable last time we saw him?
    No? The last time we saw him was just over in All-New Cap, and he came out of Secret Avengers okay.

BANNED

Hmm. I thought she was 14. But then I don't even remember why it was that I thought that. She certainly looks younger than she did before but I don't know if that was just the artist's style or an actual goal to make her appear younger. I think it's fitting either way. In Young Avengers and in the Runaways crossover, she looked like she was approaching 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Hmm. I thought she was 14. But then I don't even remember why it was that I thought that. She certainly looks younger than she did before but I don't know if that was just the artist's style or an actual goal to make her appear younger. I think it's fitting either way. In Young Avengers and in the Runaways crossover, she looked like she was approaching 18.
    Spencer said Cassie is 15. Scott said she was 14 because he's a little lost on their personal time lines (what with Scott being brought forward in time, and Cassie's being dead but later getting better.)

It wouldn't surprise me if they were skewing younger with Cassie. The little girl playing Cassie in the movie looks like she's probably around 7 years old. People will be able to pick up the first tpb, and see that Cassie is just a little bit older. (And also blonde. Movie Cassie's a brunette.)

Its weird that she's 15, I always assumed she was the same age as Kate Bishop who is 21 I believe.
    We need better comics