Page 174 of 178 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178 LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2663

Shop the show to other networks, and in the meanwhile, have the characters show up on other shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Seems like Netflix wont dump IF entirely and plans to incorporate him into other shows instead of having his own.
    his episode in Luke Cage S2 was the best IF on Netflix anyway. I wouldn't mind more guest appearances from him. F the rest of hte cast though lol. Luke Cage S1 and S2 has done well enough it doesn't need IF's failed left overs stuffed into the storyline.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Currently on episode 9 so does Danny eventually get some variation of his comic suit?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    his episode in Luke Cage S2 was the best IF on Netflix anyway. I wouldn't mind more guest appearances from him. F the rest of hte cast though lol. Luke Cage S1 and S2 has done well enough it doesn't need IF's failed left overs stuffed into the storyline.
    Given her connection with Misty, I assume Colleen will be in there too. But the rest probably getting scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I agree with this. It be nice for Danny to have a role in Luke or even Daredevil. However, even as much as I love the character I wouldn't want the bad stuff that ruined Iron Fist to seep into the other shows.

All in all ...it might be better to remove him from that universe altogether to give people a chance to forget about him or move to the next thing, just so when and if Iron Fist ever does get a solo show again the character can have a better chance at survival.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Hey all. Just a couple of my thoughts on the last recent posts:

- I bought the Phantom Limb storyline with Iron Fist. The story is interesting and scary. The art, however, has been a downer. Just wish it were better.

- I read about Iron Fist not getting a season 2 just before heading to bed. Needless to say, it didn't help with my sleeping. I've been mulling the situation over for the better part of a day (and still mulling it over). However, here's what I've got to say. As some of you know, I thought season 2 of Iron Fist was pretty great. Just like a lot of reviewers, I thought that the showings of Typhoid Mary and Colleen Wing were really stellar. And I thought that Finn Jones had done an incredible job as Iron Fist. Indeed, I felt that Iron Fist had a remarkably strong showing throughout the entire season. His defending of the city, his wondering if he could be the hero NYC deserved, his struggles with conflicts both internal and external, Danny hit all the right hero beats. I said it before, I'll say it again, I really tried to find how Danny was a weak character in his own show, that he was playing second fiddle to Colleen. And I really couldn't. Indeed, I was very proud of him giving up his Iron Fist to Colleen. Honestly, that was one of the proudest moments I had as an Iron Fist fan. A hero is great not because he kicks ass and takes names (though it doesn't hurt). A hero is great when they realize their shortcomings and displays humility. So yeah, I didn't have problems with Danny giving up the Iron Fist. That, and I thought that there would be an Iron Fist season 3 where Danny would definitely get his Iron Fist back. Now that has come into question. Maybe that will still be the case. I'm hopeful that Danny will still show up in Luke Cage, or potential series like Defenders season 2, Heroes for Hire, and Daughters of the Dragon.

But hearing this news.................it just makes me despondent. Now, I've always looked at the positives of Netflix's Iron Fist series. I could always find something to admire, even when others couldn't. However, over the past several years, Iron Fist fans have had to sift through a lot of crap in order to find those positives. White savior and cultural appropriation arguments. Messy fight choreography. Weak characterizations. Bad reviews and 17% scores. All in all, it's been hard being a fan of Iron Fist, whether it's been Netflix or comics. And I guess that leads me to the big realization that the high point for many of us Iron Fist fans was Brubaker/Fraction's run. Incredible action scenes. Awesome storytelling. Great story potential. All of that was there. We've been clinging to this run for so many years because we've thought that these great ideas could be realized. Only now do we see that this was merely the high point. Everything else has either hovered close or been near the bottom. Our hero hasn't had an exceptionally perfect, no complaints, universally loved anything in such a long time. It's frustrating. It's disheartening.

And for now it seems like it's going to be like that for the time being. Indeed, the only hope that we have to see Iron Fist in a Netflix show is at best a supporting character. He'll help out Luke, Jessica, or Colleen, but the story won't revolve around him. We won't get that exploration of the mythos that we've been waiting for. No Master Khan. No Immortal Weapons. No Liu-Shi. No Orson Randall. No Shou-Lao. No Pei. And for me personally, no appearance of Shang-Chi.

So yeah, I've always been optimistic with Iron Fist. Moreso than others. But, I'm still despondent because no one will truly exhibit the full potential of our hero .
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Incredible Member

This season was way better than the first. I’d settle for canceling Luke Cage and going with a Knightwing series and a Heroes For Hire series. I think all four characters would benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    This season was way better than the first. I’d settle for canceling Luke Cage and going with a Knightwing series and a Heroes For Hire series. I think all four characters would benefit.
    Once again, LC series is actually good enough to not get cancelled on its own.

Why sacrifice it to save IF?

Plus, with how LCS2 ended, H4H won't work
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    That seems extremely unlikely. What makes you think anyone outside of Marvel television wants to do more Iron Fist? Feige is making two miniseries based on movie characters and has expressed repeatedly that what he wants to make are movies not TV shows. What makes you think he would want to do something that's already been done in a medium he doesn't prefer rather than literally anything else?
    Simply the Deadline article, the source say clearly "Disney streaming service" and for the moment Marvel TV have no plan in this platform, and no Feige don't just want make movies, he have already produced Agent Carter, and the article Variety clearly have said that these mini serie will not be limited to Loki and Scarlet Witch, but also to others characters:

"The entertainment giant is in early development on an ambitious plan for a number of limited series centered on popular characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. These series will likely include shows centered on Loki and the Scarlet Witch, along with other beloved superheroes who have yet to appear in their own standalone movies."

Also I don't think Loeb have plans for Iron Fist, if it was the case, he would have simply include him in various Netflix shows, but there are no rumors about that, just, according Deadline, eventually some plans about Iron Fist for Disney streaming service (the article use the term "ressurection"), a platform where Marvel Studio will produce their mini series; not Marvel tv.
    Last edited by Bolo; 10-14-2018 at 02:19 AM.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Given her connection with Misty, I assume Colleen will be in there too. But the rest probably getting scrapped.
    I could see the Meachums and Walker possibly turning up in other Netflix shows. Joy hired Jessica Jones before and could show up in that show hiring her again. Typhoid Mary could appear in Daredevil or Punisher.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I could see the Meachums and Walker possibly turning up in other Netflix shows. Joy hired Jessica Jones before and could show up in that show hiring her again. Typhoid Mary could appear in Daredevil or Punisher.
    Forgot about Mary. Yeah she can definitely pop up in some other shows.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Like Cage is the second best Marvel show on Netflix. It should not be cancelled in favor of characters who will provide less interesting stories and won't hit the same story beats as Cage.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    Simply the Deadline article, the source say clearly "Disney streaming service" and for the moment Marvel TV have no plan in this platform, and no Feige don't just want make movies, he have already produced Agent Carter, and the article Variety clearly have said that these mini serie will not be limited to Loki and Scarlet Witch, but also to others characters:
    Agent Carter is a good example that you used. You can read Feige talk about his role. That was a show produced by Loeb. Since it involved a movie character, he asked to be kept in the loop of what was going on (his own words of his role). His main reported contribution was the suggestion of the post-credits scene involving Dr. Faustus and Arnim Zola. However, even if you think his role was bigger, it's undeniable that Jeph Loeb was a producer on the show as well.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hey all. Just a couple of my thoughts on the last recent posts:

- I bought the Phantom Limb storyline with Iron Fist. The story is interesting and scary. The art, however, has been a downer. Just wish it were better.

- I read about Iron Fist not getting a season 2 just before heading to bed. Needless to say, it didn't help with my sleeping. I've been mulling the situation over for the better part of a day (and still mulling it over). However, here's what I've got to say. As some of you know, I thought season 2 of Iron Fist was pretty great. Just like a lot of reviewers, I thought that the showings of Typhoid Mary and Colleen Wing were really stellar. And I thought that Finn Jones had done an incredible job as Iron Fist. Indeed, I felt that Iron Fist had a remarkably strong showing throughout the entire season. His defending of the city, his wondering if he could be the hero NYC deserved, his struggles with conflicts both internal and external, Danny hit all the right hero beats. I said it before, I'll say it again, I really tried to find how Danny was a weak character in his own show, that he was playing second fiddle to Colleen. And I really couldn't. Indeed, I was very proud of him giving up his Iron Fist to Colleen. Honestly, that was one of the proudest moments I had as an Iron Fist fan. A hero is great not because he kicks ass and takes names (though it doesn't hurt). A hero is great when they realize their shortcomings and displays humility. So yeah, I didn't have problems with Danny giving up the Iron Fist. That, and I thought that there would be an Iron Fist season 3 where Danny would definitely get his Iron Fist back. Now that has come into question. Maybe that will still be the case. I'm hopeful that Danny will still show up in Luke Cage, or potential series like Defenders season 2, Heroes for Hire, and Daughters of the Dragon.

But hearing this news.................it just makes me despondent. Now, I've always looked at the positives of Netflix's Iron Fist series. I could always find something to admire, even when others couldn't. However, over the past several years, Iron Fist fans have had to sift through a lot of crap in order to find those positives. White savior and cultural appropriation arguments. Messy fight choreography. Weak characterizations. Bad reviews and 17% scores. All in all, it's been hard being a fan of Iron Fist, whether it's been Netflix or comics. And I guess that leads me to the big realization that the high point for many of us Iron Fist fans was Brubaker/Fraction's run. Incredible action scenes. Awesome storytelling. Great story potential. All of that was there. We've been clinging to this run for so many years because we've thought that these great ideas could be realized. Only now do we see that this was merely the high point. Everything else has either hovered close or been near the bottom. Our hero hasn't had an exceptionally perfect, no complaints, universally loved anything in such a long time. It's frustrating. It's disheartening.

And for now it seems like it's going to be like that for the time being. Indeed, the only hope that we have to see Iron Fist in a Netflix show is at best a supporting character. He'll help out Luke, Jessica, or Colleen, but the story won't revolve around him. We won't get that exploration of the mythos that we've been waiting for. No Master Khan. No Immortal Weapons. No Liu-Shi. No Orson Randall. No Shou-Lao. No Pei. And for me personally, no appearance of Shang-Chi.

So yeah, I've always been optimistic with Iron Fist. Moreso than others. But, I'm still despondent because no one will truly exhibit the full potential of our hero .
    I agree with some of your point and disagree on others.

However, on a positive note I don't think you should be discouraged. I still get the feeling from what has happen and what is happening now os that Marvel has not given up on Iron Fist. I do feel down the road they will dust themselves off, look at the past mistakes, and hopefully bring forth something better in the future. As fans that will be the hard part... the waiting. However, we have been here before and it's not something we aren't use to.

I also wanted to say, I don't feel Shang-Chi is dependent on Danny Rand/Iron Fist to appear in Netflix or any other TV program. If Marvel wants to use him I'm sure they will find away so chin up my friend.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Agent Carter is a good example that you used. You can read Feige talk about his role. That was a show produced by Loeb. Since it involved a movie character, he asked to be kept in the loop of what was going on (his own words of his role). His main reported contribution was the suggestion of the post-credits scene involving Dr. Faustus and Arnim Zola. However, even if you think his role was bigger, it's undeniable that Jeph Loeb was a producer on the show as well.
    Well Agent Carter was just an example, the Disney streaming service is different, really really different, again Iron Fist eventual plan for a "ressurection" in this platform is from Deadline, platform who seem exclusively related to Marvel Studios and not Marvel tv, now maybe Loeb or Marvel tv will work under Marvel Studios, like some rumors have suggested it, but now, according Deadline, the plan will be for the Disney Streaming Service, so with Marvel Studios.

@Tien Long and DragonChi, imho, there are a good chance, at least according the Deadline article, that Iron Fist will finish in the Disney Streaming Service, like you say DragonChi, I think they are aware of somes mistakes, like a very limited budget for such characters, imho the fact that Deadline have talked about a "ressurection" give to the character a good chance to comeback, despite all the negative press about the character, Marvel seem want his return (and that very rare, see Ghost Rider), for me it's a good news, and I think Shang Chi could help him; I will be not surprised if they are in the same "thematic" martial arts tv show for Disney.

For Netflix, honestly I find that weird how quickly, 1 week before Daredevil, they announce the cancellation to one of the Defenders, it's not a real good marketing strategy, and it's not really the habits of Netflix, it's like they have been "forced" to do that.
    Last edited by Bolo; 10-14-2018 at 09:06 AM.