Page 175 of 178 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178 LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 2663

so when will some Iron Fist villains become central in a crossover mini-series in the comics?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    Well Agent Carter was just an example, the Disney streaming service is different, really really different, again Iron Fist eventual plan for a "ressurection" in this platform is from Deadline, platform who seem exclusively related to Marvel Studios and not Marvel tv, now maybe Loeb or Marvel tv will work under Marvel Studios, like some rumors have suggested it, but now, according Deadline, the plan will be for the Disney Streaming Service, so with Marvel Studios.
    Deadline is the one who speculated that the show might go on the Disney Streaming Service. They're not the ones who speculated that the platform would be exclusively for Feige-run properties.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Deadline is the one who speculated that the show might go on the Disney Streaming Service. They're not the ones who speculated that the platform would be exclusively for Feige-run properties.
    Sure, but the info we have for the moments from various sources, that seem the case, specially when we know that Feige don't like to mix his works with the others from Marvel tv, also according the Variety articles, the tv shows in Disney streaming service will be very expensives, that not really the way Marvel tv seem to work.
    Last edited by Bolo; 10-14-2018 at 11:54 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Once again, LC series is actually good enough to not get cancelled on its own.

Why sacrifice it to save IF?

Plus, with how LCS2 ended, H4H won't work
    From what I’ve seen, there seems to be a size able section of IF fans who cant stand the idea that The Iron Fist franchise needs, and has always needed Luke Cage, rather than the other way around. And, they seem to ignore that Hero for Hire was a solo venture that Luke created alone, without Danny. And it was successful. Without Danny.

When IFS1 came out with scathing reviews, most IF fans couldn’t praise Iron Fist without first throwing shade at Luke Cage. Comic heads want to talk about how their partnership saved them from obscurity but ignore the fact that Luke Cage had a very successful run from 1972-1978. While Iron Fist was cancelled after about 15 issues.
    Luke Cage is famous for breaking Netflix while Iron Fist is famous for breaking Marvel’s winning streak.

I’ve also noticed that people would readily call for the conversion of Luke’s show to a H4H series rather than converting the IF show into that. I’ve seen people tweet Cheo Coker asking for a H4H crossover, but they hardly ever did the same with Iron Fist’s showrunners.

They don’t Want a H4H show. They want an Iron Fist show with Luke Cage as the sidekick (even though, if we’re being honest) the sidekick is and always has been Danny.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so when will some Iron Fist villains become central in a crossover mini-series in the comics?
    Iron fist doesn't have many villains that stick around. Even Davos went throught a redemptive arc back in the Immortal Iron Fist. Granted that was undone in the Kaare Andrew's run so he's probably the best bet.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-14-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyFan View Post
    They want an Iron Fist show with Luke Cage as the sidekick (even though, if we’re being honest) the sidekick is and always has been Danny.
    ^This. Danny is the fortune-cookie saying sidekick that in most fiction would be the Asian sidekick to a white hero. Some hardcore fans haven't noticed this because the races of the archetypes is very different than what it has been historically.

Neither Danny nor Luke has ever been or ever will be each other sidekicks. They where always equal partners and more importantly friends.

What I don't understand is why some "fans" have some perpetual need to bring shade into characters appreciation thread that they clearly don't appreciate. Now that is something "fans" should learn not to do.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I'd be interested in seeing what a writer like Peter David could do with Danny. I'm a fan of his x-factor titles and thinks he has a good grasp on writing vivid characters. An Iron Fist solo would benefit from that as Danny tends to fall into generic hero guy mode when he's on his own.

Danny is seen less without Luke than he is with Luke so that's how that got started. The Walker/Greene run added to that perception as Danny got less focus than Luke. Danny was the focus of the Civil war 2 Tie-in but his existing cast/lore wasnt explored outside of the ones he shares with Luke.

A way to fix that is just to have him be used on teams witjout luke. So following up on the Damnation tie in abd have Danny join the midnight sons would be a good start.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-16-2018 at 04:22 AM.

Just got to say I really, really, really wish Iron Fist got the Daredevil writers, directors, and whoever else made that show what it is. Season 3 was nothing sort of outstanding.

Here's why.....

Even though there where several changes to the characters, the dynamics, and to the stories it connected to in the comics, Daredevil S1-S3 remained true to the characters and the story itself. It did not try to downplay or hide what it actually was. It didn't cover up the parts todays world might deem negative. The ingrained vibe from start to finished of that show remained true to the character and the source materials. They let a 50 something year old character be what it is at its core, and by doing so they have created what will be a very successful season/show.

That's what Iron Fist needed. It didn't need help from other MU characters. It didn't need to racial swap due to unfan bias. And it for dang sure did not need a co-stars filling his mission or shoes. It needed to remain true to what it was. Danny Rand a.k.a Iron Fist title was one of the most progressive books on the stands in it's day. While also telling a story about a young man forgoing his desire for revenge and using his gift of martial arts to not only protect those around him but to teach the ways of a better way.
    Iron Fist is and forever will be at his best when those character motivations are in prime display.

So in short....Marvel's Iron Fist did not fail because it was Iron Fist. No it failed because it was a tv show trying to be everything but.

2 cents thrown. PEACE
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Daredevil season 1 showrunner Steven DeKnight did mention interest in doing an Iron Fist season. This was in the Ign Spoilercast after DD s1 was released, before Iron Fist announcement started to pour out. It would have been to see how he handled Iron fist, especially after the poor returns of season 1.

That being said I don't think an Iron Fist would automatically be as good as Daredevil currently is, even with the same showrunners etc. Daredevil and his corner of the MU is on a whole other level to Danny's.

He'd need alot more work before we can say that for sure.

Hey all. Just wanted to share with you some BTS action regarding the first season of Iron Fist. It was posted by Johnny Yang, who was a member of the stunt crew who did the filming:

From the video, you can get a really cool glimpse at how they plotted out a lot of the scenes, like the hallway fight. I'm appreciative of how Jessica Henwick and Sacha Dawan were a part of the training. Jessica especially seemed to have a good rapport with the stunt crew. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear as though Finn Jones was a part of it, which is sad. The main character should have joined in here and well, it shows. The rehearsals for a lot of the fight scenes look super cool, but without Finn as part of them, well, the quality showed in season 1. Finn's stunt double, though, definitely knew his stuff.

Now, I'm not pointing fingers. But I do wonder why Finn wasn't a part of this practice. Season 1 could have been so much different if he were.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Maybe a scheduling problem but try asking him on twitter.

One of the future issues of avengers (# 9 i believe) is going to focus on the prehistoric Iron Fist.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

From what I've heard, he didn't have the same amount of time as the others because of when he was cast/moved to NY. But I have no idea of that's true.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I think Luke and Danny could join the remaining two shows or a second/third defenders series. Another option could be Agents Of SHIELD as they are superspies interested in the abnormal. Plus Danny could be integrated like Ghost Rider in season 4 but cheaper to keep.

Iron Fist is going to be in the WAR OF REALMS event Ya'll!