Page 67 of 178 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2663

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    So is the Iron Fist just going become this pool of energy anyone can access? It was cool when Danny could feel another Iron Fist using the power in Immortal but isn't giving access to it to a third person kind of tired?
    I'd agree that it is, but this is slightly different given the roles they play. And we've yet to actually see Pei fully tap into the powers of the Iron Fist, as she'll have to plunge her hands into a dragon first, I assume. Not to mention, if she does, her chi potential wouldn't be nearly as powerful as Orson's, so it may not affect Danny too greatly.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I'd agree that it is, but this is slightly different given the roles they play. And we've yet to actually see Pei fully tap into the powers of the Iron Fist, as she'll have to plunge her hands into a dragon first, I assume. Not to mention, if she does, her chi potential wouldn't be nearly as powerful as Orson's, so it may not affect Danny too greatly.
    I think I would seriously hate it if some 7 year old can beat Shou-Lao.

Something I don't really get is, if they really want a new Iron Fist why didn't they just use Fongji? That would make an epic mix of cosmic and mystic potential for stories. Feels like there were so many interesting things they could have done and none of them involved anything created by Kaare Andrews.

I think I would seriously hate it if some 7 year old can beat Shou-Lao.

Something I don't really get is, if they really want a new Iron Fist why didn't they just use Fongji? That would make an epic mix of cosmic and mystic potential for stories. Feels like there were so many interesting things they could have done and none of them involved anything created by Kaare Andrews.
    Keep in mind Shao-Lao is now a baby dragon though. I don't see her killing it. At best, she borrows some chi from time to time, but for the most part, I see Danny training her in martial arts rather than as a legitimate Iron Fist. The title of Iron Fist is the last step of anyone vying for it.

Fongji, imo, made no sense, and was meant to serve a larger storyline during AvX rather than actually add anything to the Iron Fist mythos. She felt shoehorned, and she was an Iron Fist a very long time ago. I'd assume she's dead by now unless you involved the Phoenix somehow. Though maybe we'll see flashbacks to Iron Fists of the past, and she may be one of them.

I'm glad Andrews is continuing with what he started. It gives him the opportunity to tie up loose ends no one else would otherwise. There were a number of unresolved plot points I'd like to see picked up again.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Keep in mind Shao-Lao is now a baby dragon though. I don't see her killing it. At best, she borrows some chi from time to time, but for the most part, I see Danny training her in martial arts rather than as a legitimate Iron Fist. The title of Iron Fist is the last step of anyone vying for it.

Fongji, imo, made no sense, and was meant to serve a larger storyline during AvX rather than actually add anything to the Iron Fist mythos. She felt shoehorned, and she was an Iron Fist a very long time ago. I'd assume she's dead by now unless you involved the Phoenix somehow. Though maybe we'll see flashbacks to Iron Fists of the past, and she may be one of them.
    Was Shao-Lao being a baby dragon from Andrews? I blitzed and erased those trades from my memory.

Has there been cases of people being able to use the Iron Fist without going via Shou-Lao's cave? I know Danny said he could teach others to manipulate chi like he can but he gave the impression its REALLY hard to teach and takes forever, but I don't think he implied that if they learned to do that they could also channel it into the Iron Fist? I could be wrong.

I enjoyed Fongji, I would just assume that the phoenix would keep her alive or augment her to live for long periods of time so she could just return to earth either with some remainder phoenix power or as a de-powered phoenix but still being able to access the iron fist. Plus she'd be incredibly old mentally now, which would be really cool to explore. I see a lot of potential there, don't really see any in what Andrews it planning, if you want a smart and capable young girl of colour Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur is already a thing.

Was Shao-Lao being a baby dragon from Andrews? I blitzed and erased those trades from my memory.

Has there been cases of people being able to use the Iron Fist without going via Shou-Lao's cave? I know Danny said he could teach others to manipulate chi like he can but he gave the impression its REALLY hard to teach and takes forever, but I don't think he implied that if they learned to do that they could also channel it into the Iron Fist? I could be wrong.

I enjoyed Fongji, I would just assume that the phoenix would keep her alive or augment her to live for long periods of time so she could just return to earth either with some remainder phoenix power or as a de-powered phoenix but still being able to access the iron fist. Plus she'd be incredibly old mentally now, which would be really cool to explore. I see a lot of potential there, don't really see any in what Andrews it planning, if you want a smart and capable young girl of colour Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur is already a thing.
    Yeah, the baby dragon is from Andrews' run. I don't think there's been a case of someone using the dragon's chi without either defeating Shao-Lao or stealing the chi from Danny. Pei did tap into Shao-Lao's chi very briefly when Davos killed the baby dragon in the last run, but it was wildly uncontrolled, and I assume when the dragon was revived, the chi may have been returned as well but I could be wrong. The dragon itself is a massive source of chi energy. In theory, anyone can learn to channel chi, but only so much exists in the human body, so I assume the addition of Shao-Lao's is a major power boost as far as channeling chi goes. It allows human potential for chi to be far exceeded, which is probably why Danny can heal from bullet wounds in seconds, while someone like Shang-Chi may not, despite him being as adept at chi control as Danny, if not more.

I think the main draw in what's different is actually Danny's role, not Pei's. Danny as the Thunderer is an interesting concept for me.

Upcoming Reading:

Mighty Member

I am glad we are getting another Iron Fist series even though I am not too excited to see Andrews as writer. His Living Weapon series had its moments but I did not care for his characterization of Danny, his dismantiling of K'un-L'un and his killing "off camera" of the Thunderer.

As for Pei, I am currenly Mei about her. Marvel has a tendency lately to keep creating these legacy characters. I did not really care for Pei gaining the Fist in the way she did. Now we have 3 people with the Iron Fist now active. I like the concept of the immortal weapons being unique.

I will read the story because I am an Iron Fist fan but I am not super excited about the story. However I am excited to see Afu Chan's take on Iron Fist. I am a fan of his art. Here is his website. I have a feeling we will get an amazing martial arts visual epic. Here is Chan's website where you can check out his art:
    http://www.afuchan.com/index.php

Just though I'd share a commission Robert Atkins did for me featuring my two favourite characters. angel_and_iron_fist_final_by_ratkins-d5ewmih.jpg

I see a lot of potential there, don't really see any in what Andrews it planning.
    That you don't see any potential in Kaare's story doesn't necessarily mean there isn't any.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Now we have 3 people with the Iron Fist now active.
    Okay, so this keeps getting stated and I'm over here like, "Wait. Who is the third?"

Orson is dead.
    I don't think you're talking about the teen Power Man.
    Are you thinking of the Iron Fist that was trapped in that jail dimension? Is he still alive?

I'm glad Andrews is continuing with what he started. It gives him the opportunity to tie up loose ends no one else would otherwise. There were a number of unresolved plot points I'd like to see picked up again.
    What are you most looking forward to seeing?

-Pav, who is excited about the potential social changes/rebuilding of K'un Lun (and what that might mean for the other Immortal Cities)...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    What are you most looking forward to seeing?
    A few things. I actually would like to see the development of Danny as a mentor as well as Pei as a student. I feel there's a lot of potential there.

Also see a lot of potential in the escaped dragons loose in the MU by the end of the Living Weapon.

Not to mention the fact that Davos is loose in the MU and could potentially be built up to be a major player.

That said, I think the Thunderer is still alive somewhere as well, possibly looking for his son.

Also hope to see the Immortal Weapons make an appearance soon too.

Upcoming Reading:

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

Okay, so this keeps getting stated and I'm over here like, "Wait. Who is the third?"

Orson is dead.
    I don't think you're talking about the teen Power Man.
    Are you thinking of the Iron Fist that was trapped in that jail dimension? Is he still alive?
    Yes he is. Quan Yaozu, the 1st Iron Fist, is still alive. After he left the 8th city, he went to K'un-Lun to have talks with the Thunderer.

Mighty Member

It seems that every writer that takes a crack at writing Danny now, characterizes him in a unique way. Kaare Andrews', David Walker's and Fraction's Danny are nothing alike. There is no consistency and I have no idea what to expect. It seems that Iron Fist needs a character defining run in order for there to be some type of consistency.

It seems that every writer that takes a crack at writing Danny now, characterizes him in a unique way. Kaare Andrews', David Walker's and Fraction's Danny are nothing alike. There is no consistency and I have no idea what to expect. It seems that Iron Fist needs a character defining run in order for there to be some type of consistency.
    out of curiousity, in what way are they different? Danny might be a little goofier. but he has less responsibility than he did in Fraction and Kaare Andrews' run(s).

I agree to a certain extent, yet I don't really have a problem with the different characterizations of Danny: I just treat them as different aspects of his personality. Like, Andrews showed us a Danny who was alone and depressed while Walker shows us what Danny's like when he's hanging with his best friend. This is just like real life!

That being said, it would be nice to get a comic that more effectively integrates and illustrates all these aspects of Danny's personality.

My hope is that Walker utilizes Danny's sadness as motivation for why he wanted to start up H4H again, and then when Danny's solo rolls around, Andrews shows us a Danny who is feeling a bit better about his life.

-Pav, who thinks that comic characters often become more round due to histories of "inconsistent characterization"...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    out of curiousity, in what way are they different? Danny might be a little goofier. but he has less responsibility than he did in Fraction and Kaare Andrews' run(s).
    Kaare Andrews described and characterized "Danny as Bruce Wayne without a plan." He has all the training but is not a genius or stategiest. He wrote Danny angry and impulsive in the series. Fraction/Brubaker Danny was a little aloof. In the Defenders, Fraction characterized Danny as comic relief on that team. That was the first time I thought, "Where did this character come from?" In PM & IF, I thought Danny was written as a immature teenager to Luke's Dad/Big Brother Figure. He has been written as naïve.

I see that Walker is writing a sort of "buddy cop" comedy. It seems he could have put any two characters in this story or at least substituted Danny with almost anyone. This could have easily been a Wolverine/Jubilee street level story with Jubilee in the Danny role.

It took me a few issue to adjust to the type of story Walker is writing. I really enjoyed issue #5. It was one of the funniest comics I have ever read. I have not read #6 yet. I am thinking that the second arc will focus more on Danny. I hope Walker writes Danny using his powers in more interesting ways because what I have seen so far in Danny is a character that can hit things really hard. And we have seen that way too much.