Page 168 of 178 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 2663

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I understand your points Taozen. Still, I'm against the grain in this decision. Did Colleen struggle ten years in K'un - L'un, pounding fists against rocks and enduring daily beatings from Lei Kung? No, she hasn't. She didn't face Shou-Lao the Undying or the challenge of the One. However, in the TV series, one can tell that she is equal to Danny in some regards. In the latter episodes she was his sensei. They have fought and have been on equal terms of fighting in some episodes. I think the point the show was making was that Colleen was more centered and calmer than Danny. Danny admitted this (which is a great show of maturity on his part. Seriously, my love for Danny Rand as a character has gone up super high because of that.) That kind of peace would make her a better holder of the Iron Fist. Plus, she has the pedigree being a descendant of Wu-Ao Shi (which is something I've been waiting for for decades. We finally get to see the descendants of Iron Fists! Hope that we see that in the comics).

Is Danny no longer the Iron Fist? I saw him using Iron Fist bullets during the last episode, so he got some semblance of them back. Plus, c'mon, we all know that by Daughters of the Dragon season 1, or Iron Fist Season 3, Danny is going to get his Iron Fist back. I'm not too worried about that.
    This is not guaranteed. In fact it's not guaranteed at all that Danny will not be portrayed less like a milquetoast deranged man child moving forward. All evidence thus far shows that thinking it will occur is closer to a dream than it is to be factual. Three seasons of this has shown what the plan and idea of Danny Rand is.

This Part is not geared towards you Long. So feel free to skip over it....

But I got to say I am soooooo tiered of people implying or telling others they should just deal with one wrong because some other wrong is occurring, has occurred, or will continue to occurred. Wake the heck up because in your ill begotten attempt to create "love and unity" is really just increasing the hate while expanding the wedge that is already there.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-13-2018 at 02:17 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    This is not guaranteed. In fact it's not guaranteed at all that Danny will not be portrayed less like a milquetoast deranged man child moving forward. All evidence thus far shows that thinking it will occur is closer to a dream than it is to be factual. Three seasons of this has shown what the plan and idea of Danny Rand is.

This Part is not geared towards you Long. So feel free to skip over it....

But I got to say I am soooooo tiered of people implying or telling others they should just deal with one wrong because some other wrong is occurring, has occurred, or will continue to occurred. Wake the heck up because in your ill begotten attempt to create "love and unity" is really just increasing the hate while expanding the wedge that is already there.
    Preach Brotha.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-13-2018 at 02:17 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Shou Lao, fyi.

Second, the fact that Steel Serpent was able to take the Iron Fist (in the comics) demonstrates that it can be taken. Danny is special because he fought and won against the dragon and plunged his fist into its heart that happened to be in a container. That doesn't mean other people can't wield the power or that Danny will lose that accomplishment even if he loses the power.
    But the reason Davos can take the Shou lao's energy is because those same energies flowed through him. He was just not strong enough to endure the pain of that burning energy and the dragons slash across his face. He was unable to "kill" the dragon and thus he did not defeat Shou Lao. Davos also trained in Kung Fu, chi manipulation, etc. Still it is still earned and not just given to someone. Hell why not Misty, Daredevil or even the Punisher. Why don't they just pass it around. All it takes is a special tattoo bowl, blood, etc. SMDH

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I understand your points Taozen. Still, I'm against the grain in this decision. Did Colleen struggle ten years in K'un - L'un, pounding fists against rocks and enduring daily beatings from Lei Kung? No, she hasn't. She didn't face Shou-Lao the Undying or the challenge of the One. However, in the TV series, one can tell that she is equal to Danny in some regards. In the latter episodes she was his sensei. They have fought and have been on equal terms of fighting in some episodes. I think the point the show was making was that Colleen was more centered and calmer than Danny. Danny admitted this (which is a great show of maturity on his part. Seriously, my love for Danny Rand as a character has gone up super high because of that.) That kind of peace would make her a better holder of the Iron Fist. Plus, she has the pedigree being a descendant of Wu-Ao Shi (which is something I've been waiting for for decades. We finally get to see the descendants of Iron Fists! Hope that we see that in the comics).

Is Danny no longer the Iron Fist? I saw him using Iron Fist bullets during the last episode, so he got some semblance of them back. Plus, c'mon, we all know that by Daughters of the Dragon season 1, or Iron Fist Season 3, Danny is going to get his Iron Fist back. I'm not too worried about that.
    His sensei and not his Sifu? I clearly remember in season 1 when Danny and Coleen spared and Colleen count not lay a fist on him. Iron Fist is a kung fu style and Colleen studies a Japanese style. In the comics, she is a samurai at heart.

Why and what techniques did she teach him. Mostly what I saw was the Danny enduring being hit until his leg healed and it got stronger. Then they wanted to make them equal in skill in season 2 but that was not the case in season one. Still we all saw that in this series, literally anyone can be Iron Fist. You just need a little blood, and old bowl and a special tattoo needles. That is all that it takes. In this series the Iron Fist can be given to anyone with the show's process.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Preach Brotha.
    Thank you my Brotha.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-13-2018 at 02:18 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    But the reason Davos can take the Shou lao's energy is because those same energies flowed through him. He was just not strong enough to endure the pain of that burning energy and the dragons slash across his face. He was unable to "kill" the dragon and thus he did not defeat Shou Lao. Davos also trained in Kung Fu, chi manipulation, etc. Still it is still earned and not just given to someone. Hell why not Misty, Daredevil or even the Punisher. Why don't they just pass it around. All it takes is a special tattoo bowl, blood, etc. SMDH
    Well in the comics too the chi powers and the training can be given directly from the chi of Iron Fist, so we can argue the serie have taken inspiration from this source:

https://pm1.narvii.com/6352/ca8018e4...b4b6ada_hq.jpg

https://pm1.narvii.com/6352/416adfa2...12add0c_hq.jpg

tumblr_inline_olrj5xWLik1tzwnrz_500.jpg

https://78.media.tumblr.com/e414200d...tzwnrz_500.jpg

Also I don't think everybody can be Iron Fist, the condition is from the merit like Danny to face the Dragon, or in some way by blood (the ancestors) and ritual, like Davos and Colleen, but they should still find a legitime owner of this force, like in this case Danny.

There are also another character who have taken away the power from Danny and Davos, without confront the dragon but from a weird ritual like the tv show, he was the young leader of the Hand too, the character is called Junzo Muto from the New Warriors comics and the mini Wolverine/Iron Fist.

NewWarriorsv208-RiteofPassage-23.jpg

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/rumb...Passage-23.jpg
    Last edited by Bolo; 09-12-2018 at 07:55 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    Well in the comics too the chi powers and the training can be given directly from the chi of Iron Fist, so we can argue the serie have taken inspiration from this source:

https://pm1.narvii.com/6352/ca8018e4...b4b6ada_hq.jpg

https://pm1.narvii.com/6352/416adfa2...12add0c_hq.jpg

tumblr_inline_olrj5xWLik1tzwnrz_500.jpg

https://78.media.tumblr.com/e414200d...tzwnrz_500.jpg

Also I don't think everybody can be Iron Fist, the condition is from the merit like Danny to face the Dragon, or in some way by blood (the ancestors) and ritual, like Davos and Colleen, but they should still find a legitime owner of this force, like in this case Danny.

There are also another character who have taken away the power from Danny and Davos, without confront the dragon but from a weird ritual like the tv show, he was the young leader of the Hand too, the character is called Junzo Muto from the New Warriors comics and the mini Wolverine/Iron Fist.

NewWarriorsv208-RiteofPassage-23.jpg

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/rumb...Passage-23.jpg
    With the ritual practice, practically anyone can be Iron Fist. All you have to have is a special tattoo. That is all it requires. No chi training required. You do not have to train in Kung fu techniques. I believe it goes against the basic concept of being a martial arts champion. I believe one has to earn or should have to earn the mantle of Iron Fist and it not be given by having a special tattoo. Colleen studies Japanese style of martial arts. She does not even train in Kung Fu, much less traditional Kun Lun kung fu. The show treats all martial arts the same. Hell lets make everyone an Iron Fist. Obviously you are okay with the way the story ended but to me it just watered down the mythology of Iron Fist. Marvel should have not made Iron Fist a Netflix show. It is too large in scope for that small of a budget. I always felt the martial arts training in Doctor Strange was more of what we should have seen in an Iron Fist movie. Marvel should have made a Shang Chi series but they would have most likely messed that up too.

With the ritual practice, practically anyone can be Iron Fist. All you have to have is a special tattoo. That is all it requires. No chi training required. You do not have to train in Kung fu techniques. I believe it goes against the basic concept of being a martial arts champion. I believe one has to earn or should have to earn the mantle of Iron Fist and it not be given by having a special tattoo. Colleen studies Japanese style of martial arts. She does not even train in Kung Fu, much less traditional Kun Lun kung fu. The show treats all martial arts the same. Hell lets make everyone an Iron Fist. Obviously you are okay with the way the story ended but to me it just watered down the mythology of Iron Fist. Marvel should have not made Iron Fist a Netflix show. It is too large in scope for that small of a budget. I always felt the martial arts training in Doctor Strange was more of what we should have seen in an Iron Fist movie. Marvel should have made a Shang Chi series but they would have most likely messed that up too.
    Well I think in the tv show, that request to have ancestors from Kun Lun too for the ritual, I think that push Danny for the decision about Colleen, so no, not everybody can have the Iron Fist, we need a good martial artist, that have already proven that the Hand members have chi techniques (see Daredevil vs Ninja) and for their styles, they have their martial knowledge from Kunlun in netflix shows, yes kungfu/karate are different but they have lot of commons, in fact there are chi part in japanese martial arts too and they call that "Ki", so the same word, now if you talk about the scans from comics, well Junzo is a prodigy, so take that like you will.

Also I'm not specially a fan of this choice, but I'm very happy about the very good qualities of this second season ; yes I would have loved to have a big budget movie like Doctor Strange, with dragons, big martial arts sequences etc..., I think that would have been phenomenal, but I think we have a very good tv show; and to be honest with the recent success of Black Panther, I wouldn't be surprised if we have a Shang Chi movie very soon.
    Last edited by Bolo; 09-13-2018 at 02:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Well I know that in the comics the new teen Power Man, gained a stronger version of the Iron Fist by accident and that was before the Netfilx show was ever a thing.

The Producers know that Danny Rand is the most problematic character in the Iron Fist series but don't understand WHY.

Many people online keep telling them that its a Mighty Whitey issue and that Coleen was a better character than Danny was and was what they addressed.

That the Season One was given several traumatic issues to work thru in story which the audience had no patience for wasn't considered.

But even the people who HATED the Iron Fist series and Finn Jones performance in it liked Episode 10 of Luke Cage Season 2 "Main Ingredient" where Danny Rand comes to visit Luke.

Iron Fist fans wanted a playful laid back Danny Rand from the comics, Main Ingredient finally gave it to them and afterwards casuals wanted the same damn thing too(so Finn Jones isn't the problem).

But the people in charge of the actual Iron Fist show really don't want to do playful laid back Danny Rand. Maybe Season 3 will be different now that the I.F. producers know how well received the Iron Fist's Luke Cage guest appearance was.

i never understand how we can qualify Danny Rand of playful in the comics, in fact I find this characterization in the netflix serie very close to the comics, yes he have cool moment, but I have always see him like a serious character, and sometime, very dark.

Extraordinary Member

i never understand how we can qualify Danny Rand of playful in the comics, in fact I find this characterization in the netflix serie very close to the comics, yes he have cool moment, but I have always see him like a serious character, and sometime, very dark.
    Solo Iron Fist started out very serious, but lightened up after being paired with hard edged tough guy Luke Cage. some of the better remembered
    PM/IF stories have a lighter touch to them. Luke Cage got bent towards being a straight man and Iron Fist became more easygoing as a result.

That is how we got the last PM/IF comics series where they exaggerated those roles.

That is probably the most over version of Iron Fist as far as mass media goes

BANNED

What era of Iron Fist are you referencing?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Solo Iron Fist started out very serious, but lightened up after being paired with hard edged tough guy Luke Cage. some of the better remembered
    PM/IF stories have a lighter touch to them. Luke Cage got bent towards being a straight man and Iron Fist became more easygoing as a result.

That is how we got the last PM/IF comics series where they exaggerated those roles.

That is probably the most over version of Iron Fist as far as mass media goes
    Agreed 100%.

Cannot wait!

sanna IRON FIST.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."