Page 160 of 178 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2663
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    That is way sooner than I was expecting. I figured November at the earliest.
    Depending how far a long Punisher or DD are, they might be trying to put out 4 series this year

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm really curious about Alice Eve's character. Sounds almost like Typhoid Mary.

ETA: I'll elaborate my thoughts:

“It was very, very violent,” Eve said of her role. “The reason I took the role was because I got to play someone with multiple personalities.”
    As far as comics characters go, that would certainly fit. Additionally:

Eve arrived just after the clip rolled. Metzner offered a tease of who she’ll play, dropping the hint that she’ll have two massive machete-sized blades.

ETA: Confirmed?
    Last edited by Mike_Murdock; 07-19-2018 at 07:00 PM.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Interesting turn of events this season. While Danny will play a role, I was getting the vibe that the auxiliary characters, like Misty, Colleen, and Typhoid Mary, were the main focus of the panel. I think that was a good manuever on the part of Marvel, considering the critics from last year.

Overall, I'm interested. Iron Fist Season 2 won't just feature Iron Fist (who hopefully will be getting that uniform and fight against Steel Serpent), but highlight the Daughters of the Dragon and Typhoid Mary. The latter is interesting to me. I expected Alice to play Danny's sister or Brenda from Kaare's run. But, no, she's one of Daredevil's main villains. I think that broadens Iron Fist's appeal and could attract more of an audience. Expands Danny's villains as well.

Still, there's some hesitation. Danny's showings in Defenders and Luke Cage season 2 were good, but could have been better. I'm still hoping for some excellent martial arts here. I wonder what story development we'll see with Danny. And hey, y'know what, still waiting for that Shang Chi guest appearance.

But as usual, I'm game for Iron Fist anything. Keeping the iron fists crossed everyone!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Spectacular Member

I want to like Iron Fist so bad, but the new teaser honestly looks boring and bland. Again. If they want people to ever get on board with this character they need to show off something substantial. More of Danny in casual clothes punching guys in an alley is not it.

Quote Originally Posted by Samson3191 View Post
    I want to like Iron Fist so bad, but the new teaser honestly looks boring and bland. Again. If they want people to ever get on board with this character they need to show off something substantial. More of Danny in casual clothes punching guys in an alley is not it.
    Agreed somewhat. Saw this once and felt kinda so-so for most of it. BUT, I literally yelled out loud seeing Danny punch the ground. Seeing it a second time, I felt more excited. The mores are gritty. Plus, the ground punch towards the end was still cool.

I want to see better things, no doubt about it. But for now, Iron Fist Season 2 piques my interest.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

I mean its just a teaser, I'll hold off on judgment until a full trailer comes out, but I kind of agree.

Lots (most?) people did not enjoy Iron Fist season 1 but stuck with it because of Defenders. They have nothing like that going for it this time (I just don't see Typhoid Mary being a big draw despite the comic Daredevil connection). Personally I'm not committing an hour of my time to the first episode of season 2 unless they show me in the trailers that this show has significantly improved from season 1.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Spectacular Member

For what it’s worth, a lot of Twitter reactions from the SDCC footage they showed at the panel were super positive and said it looked great. Which just makes it even weirder to me that THIS is the trailer they show to hype people up. It’s exactly what we’ve already seen before, which didn’t work the first time.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

For what it’s worth, a lot of Twitter reactions from the SDCC footage they showed at the panel were super positive and said it looked great. Which just makes it even weirder to me that THIS is the trailer they show to hype people up. It’s exactly what we’ve already seen before, which didn’t work the first time.
    The panel showed 5 different clips, the teaser is one of them.

1) the teaser we got.

2) Iron Fist (with a white mask over his mouth) punches an armored truck and the fights the guys inside.

3) Daughters of the dragon fighting thyphoid mary.

4) Flashback with Danny and Davos fighting in Kun Lun in iron Fist masks.

5) last clip is something do with davos and danny fighting and heavily hints we're going to see shou lao.

So it seems they're falling over themselves to address the major complaints, danny's personality, tone, fighting quality, underuse of the iron fist, being light on kun lun and dragons.

So far so good. As long as we don't have to deal with the stupid meachums, or if we do we just get scenes of hogarth calling them both morons instead of it taking up Danny's screentime.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

They apparently showed substantial clips in Hall H. But those people spend a lot of money for the exclusive right to see them, so the rest of us have to wait.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Typhoid Mary is an interesting pick but I rather they get Danny's mythos in order before they start bringing in outside threats. I rather Iron Fist doesnt pick up Arrow's bad habits.

I liked that Luke Cage made you care about the c/d-listers like Cottonmouth, Bushmaster, Piranha and Cockroach and was hoping Iron Fist would do the same. However it is 13 episodes so maybe we might see them pop up as starter threats/one offs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    They apparently showed substantial clips in Hall H. But those people spend a lot of money for the exclusive right to see them, so the rest of us have to wait.
    Usually I understand that (as much as it personally sucks getting spoiled without seeing the footage).

But imo this case is very different. The first season was a huge critical bomb. Rather than worrying about pleasing the die hards at Hall H they should be doing everything they can to get the viewing public on board with this show. Not airing the good trailer to the general public but rather this one was a huge marketing mistake imo. They don't have many chances left with this show.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

At my age I'm just happy to see them on screen finally. So I'm rather forgiving of most things. I said it before and I'll say it again. I liked the first season enough, his story, etc. But I was more enthralled with Ward's arc and to some degree his and Joy's father. I thought Joy would be the one to accept him sooner, but it didn't feel right. So I hope they continue with some of that.

But I really liked how Danny and Colleen's dynamic changed between his season and Defenders. Their roles reversed basically, due to their interactions with other characters and situations. Danny was the one who was unsure of things, and Colleen was the steady and sure one. Boy did that change in Defenders and I was impressed with how it worked.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Usually I understand that (as much as it personally sucks getting spoiled without seeing the footage).

But imo this case is very different. The first season was a huge critical bomb. Rather than worrying about pleasing the die hards at Hall H they should be doing everything they can to get the viewing public on board with this show. Not airing the good trailer to the general public but rather this one was a huge marketing mistake imo. They don't have many chances left with this show.
    Agreed—especially when it comes out so soon. Nobody is gonna watch that teaser and go “wow, looks like such an improvement!”

I'm curious if the plot thread with Davos and Joy gets picked up.