Page 158 of 178 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2663

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I definitely think that the Defenders partially redeemed Netflix Iron Fist. At the very least, it showed how good choreography could make the Iron Fist character work. Indeed, for me, the main reason why I was a little soured on Iron Fist season 1 was because of the fight choreography. I said it before, I'll say it again, the best fight that occurred on that show was the intro. Considering how Danny ranks among the martial artists in the Marvel Universe, I was expecting Yuen Woo Ping, Jackie Chan, and Donnie Yen level choreography. What we got was certainly less than that (Thus, I'm glad to see that there's been a lot of lead time for Finn to prepare for the new season.)

However, I still dug Iron Fist season 1. Was Danny too self-centered, oblivious to the real world events around him? Was he too angry? Yeah, but that does fit with Danny's characterization in the comics. Plus, there were some great surprises there. I didn't expect to see Ward Meachum become such an intriguing character!

I very much agree with this. It was infuriating to see all of these articles published by certain individuals who focused on Danny being the white savior by JUST looking at his origin story from the 1970s. It pissed me off to see that none of these critics seemed to catch up on the progressive and recent developments of the character, like his relationships with Luke Cage and Misty Knight, the arrival of Pei, or the fall of the repressive patriarchy in K'un Lun. So when Danny told Divine Wolf in Iron Fist #5 that the title of Iron Fist was given to him, but that rather he earned it, that was big catharsis.

In any case, speaking about the final issue of Brisson's run, I'll say that I was very pleased. It was just a straight up, by the numbers Brisson issue, meaning that it had great action and the occasional plot twist. It was a perfect way to end the series .
    But that's the thing that gets me about these "unfans" or these scorn chasers...if you read Danny's 1970's/original issues he was never really in Kun L'un at all. He was never a "white savior" to begin with the narrative is false and keep being perpetuated by the willfully ignorant.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    But that's the thing that gets me about these "unfans" or these scorn chasers...if you read Danny's 1970's/original issues he was never really in Kun L'un at all. He was never a "white savior" to begin with the narrative is false and keep being perpetuated by the willfully ignorant.
    It's very unfortunate. Hopefully, people will take the time to actually read those comics and see who Danny is all about. Really about.

In any case folks, just wanted to update the thread and ask your thoughts on where do we go from here. Ultimately, Danny is in a good, stable place. He's still the Iron Fist and carries the immortal legacy. He still has his reliable cast of characters like Luke, Colleen, Misty, the Immortal Weapons, and the other Marvel street level heroes. There are new characters like Pei, Brenda, and Sparrow and new situations like the island of Liu-Shi and the rebuilding of K'un Lun.

So yeah, Danny is in a good, stable place. But is he in an exciting place? I think that's where we are now. There are all of these cool elements, but we're just lacking the spark to turn them into worthwhile stories. That's the question really, with all of these elements here, what do we do with them? Should we continue to explore Iron Fists past and present? Revisit K'un Lun? Or something completely new?
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

In terms of the Netflix front, I was hoping we could talk about this:

Marvel’s Iron Fist will return to Netflix sooner than anticipated, and when it does, Danny Rand apparently will be wearing a costume.

The confirmation arrived this afternoon in a Reddit AMA with Jeph Loeb, Marvel’s head of television and an executive producer of the series. Responding to the question, “Can Iron Fist get his suit?,” Loeb wrote, “You’ll be very happy with Season 2 coming this year!”

His answer is, of course, a two-for-one, as it not only confirms the release of Season 2 this year, but also the debut of Iron Fist’s traditional yellow-and-green costume, something fans have clamored for since, well, before the series launched in March 2017. It’s been teased, both in a flashback to an earlier Iron Fist in Season 1 and in the final moments of The Defenders, but producers insisted Danny wasn’t quite ready to don the mask just yet.
    Looks like we will be getting the costume for season 2. Still, the what will Danny look like? Which costume? Personally, (and I think I'll go against the grain here), I wouldn't want to see the mask. Maybe just an open shirt to rock the tattoo and some kind of green and yellow color scheme would be best.
    "I am a man of peace."

Looks like we will be getting the costume for season 2. Still, the what will Danny look like? Which costume? Personally, (and I think I'll go against the grain here), I wouldn't want to see the mask. Maybe just an open shirt to rock the tattoo and some kind of green and yellow color scheme would be best.
    I REALLY want the mask because the look is so cool. I think it would translate well to the small screen. I’m really sad to see his comic series come to an end because Brisson was killing it.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Woo. Here's hoping for the Bru/Fraction green pants and bandages.

Would love to see how the mask looks before making a call. Saw a concept for a slightly armoured mask that could work and looked great.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Woo. Here's hoping for the Bru/Fraction green pants and bandages.

Would love to see how the mask looks before making a call. Saw a concept for a slightly armoured mask that could work and looked great.
    Ah yes, I forgotten how cool that look was:

Simple, gritty, keeping the color motifs, that was a great look. Still, for me, it could work without the mask.

I wouldn't mind the look from the Ultimate Universe:
    "I am a man of peace."

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I strongly dislike the armored look.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Spectacular Member

The Brubaker/Aja look is so simple and slick. Really hope they use it. Also excited we are actually getting a costume this time.

Has anyone been able to watch Luke Cage Season 2? Our boy Danny makes an appearance later in the series and it's actually a really great showing.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

minor spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

minor spoilers
    Finally! THIS is the Iron Fist we all know and love. Coulter and Jones have really good chemistry. Honestly, I think that after Season 2 of Iron Fist they should combine the two shows into a Power Man & Iron Fist series (or Heroes for Hire if you prefer)

Mighty Member

Iron fist was awesome in this show. I hope he's like this on season 2

Mighty Member

Finally saw it as well. We don't need a Season 3 for either show. Just gives us H4H.

It was the only episode I enjoyed from season 2. That was such a fantastic and long overdue portrayal of Danny and Finn did a fantastic job as well delivering.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!