Page 176 of 178 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178 LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2663

Finally had timt to finish season 2. It was great sorry to see it end especially with the final images with the glowing weapons. Would enjoy seeing where those went.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Finally had timt to finish season 2. It was great sorry to see it end especially with the final images with the glowing weapons. Would enjoy seeing where those went.
    I disagree. While I would have Loved to see more of Danny and Colleen (or even more a Heroes for Hire and Daughters of the Dragon teamup show - so much better than a Defenders show!), I think showing Danny spoilers:
    willingly give up the Fist, then find it in his own way, connecting with the past through Orson's guns
    end of spoilers was so great and satisfying. I know things will go well for them, even if I don't know exactly how.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    I hope that there is at least a continuation movie to wrap things up. I still want the show to continue on another network.

Hopefully more comics appearances for Danny and the rest, in 2019?

There is always Avengers and the War of the realms event. His digital comic still has an issue left and maybe he would get a spot in the daughter of the dragons webseries?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    There is always Avengers and the War of the realms event. His digital comic still has an issue left and maybe he would get a spot in the daughter of the dragons webseries?
    Glad to see I wasn't the only one to notice that. Yeah, Danny was on that big splash page which previewed all the upcoming events featuring Marvel's characters. Saw Danny plunge into a huge group of Hand ninjas. Definitely the first thing that came to mind was that the Netflix series has influenced the comics. Been saying it for a while now, but I've wanted to see the Iron Fist and Hand legacies tied together in the comics for a long time.

Keeping the iron fists crossed!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I have to admit, the digital comic is an interesting story, but it seems like a pretty crummy Iron Fist (as in the literal Iron Fist) story, though the second issue did do some interesting Iron Fist things.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Glad to see I wasn't the only one to notice that. Yeah, Danny was on that big splash page which previewed all the upcoming events featuring Marvel's characters. Saw Danny plunge into a huge group of Hand ninjas. Definitely the first thing that came to mind was that the Netflix series has influenced the comics. Been saying it for a while now, but I've wanted to see the Iron Fist and Hand legacies tied together in the comics for a long time.

Keeping the iron fists crossed!
    Fun Fact- Danny actually used ninjitsu in the original IF run by Claremont/Byrne.

Connecting IF to the Hand was a good idea as it could some of his rogues more to do than be just gimmick weapon person.

Plus I'm curious what is Odin's baggage with K'un L'un and Danny getting an asgardian girlfriend isn't the worse thing that could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I have to admit, the digital comic is an interesting story, but it seems like a pretty crummy Iron Fist (as in the literal Iron Fist) story, though the second issue did do some interesting Iron Fist things.
    It had some cool scares but i just got bored halfway through.

Honestly I haven't found that great IF run. Most are just decent to good to me.

Oh well there's always next time.

Mighty Member

Fun Fact- Danny actually used ninjitsu in the original IF run by Claremont/Byrne.

Connecting IF to the Hand was a good idea as it could some of his rogues more to do than be just gimmick weapon person.

Plus I'm curious what is Odin's baggage with K'un L'un and Danny getting an asgardian girlfriend isn't the worse thing that could happen.

It had some cool scares but i just got bored halfway through.

Honestly I haven't found that great IF run. Most are just decent to good to me.

Oh well there's always next time.
    You didn't like Brubaker's run? That's the one I usually see listed as people's favorite, I'm curious to hear from someone who wasn't as into it...?

My issues with the Bru/Fraction run are some structure decisions with how they handled flashbacks, Aja not being there for the finale, and me not really liking how either of them script. Still a good book, mostly for that Aja, but I think the best IF run is Andrews'.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    My issues with the Bru/Fraction run are some structure decisions with how they handled flashbacks, Aja not being there for the finale, and me not really liking how either of them script. Still a good book, mostly for that Aja, but I think the best IF run is Andrews'.
    I liked the flashbacks, but there were times I wanted more of the main story and they got in the way of that. Although on the positive side that means that I was very invested in and hungry for the main story. Aja definitely deserves a lot of praise, he played a huge part in making the book what it was. I liked Andrew's original run a lot but wasn't into the "Immortal Iron Fists" as much.

BANNED

The Phantom Limb mini is 100% subpar filler.

It's hilarious Marvel has no idea how to write one of their best characters...

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    You didn't like Brubaker's run? That's the one I usually see listed as people's favorite, I'm curious to hear from someone who wasn't as into it...?
    The Fraction/Brubaker/Aja stuff was good but I liked the Swierzcynski stuff better. But honestly I haven't found that great IF run yet. There's potential but mostly he's just good on his own-not great.

BANNED

The Fraction/Brubaker/Aja stuff was good but I liked the Swierzcynski stuff better. But honestly I haven't found that great IF run yet. There's potential but mostly he's just good on his own-not great.
    The Fraction/Brubaker/Swierzcynski run was fun but I would recommend Brisson to anyone really... Only 2 TPBs but a great run really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    The Fraction/Brubaker/Swierzcynski run was fun but I would recommend Brisson to anyone really... Only 2 TPBs but a great run really.
    I liked it. It had some good ideas, bringing back an X-men connection, giving him a potential new one in the midnight sons and bringing back his sister.

But i thought it was good but not great. It has a feeling of running in place for Danny as a character. It didnt really push him forward or give him anything really new to chew on.

Mighty Member

Gotcha... I'm not totally sure where Fraction and Brubaker left off, I read it in trade and just devoured it without looking at credits much. It's going to be tough to top that overall volume for me. I hope you find a run you love! I'm sure he'll get another shot at an ongoing soon.