Page 74 of 178 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2663
    Mighty Member

double post

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Definitely digging the new preview of the upcoming Power Man and Iron Fist issue:

http://www.cbr.com/power-man-iron-fist-8/

That compare and contrast scene in the beginning between Luke and Danny was very nicely done.
    Nice to finally get some Iron Fist scenes with some heft.

Definitely digging the new preview of the upcoming Power Man and Iron Fist issue:

http://www.cbr.com/power-man-iron-fist-8/

That compare and contrast scene in the beginning between Luke and Danny was very nicely done.
    I'm enjoying these issues much more than the first arc. Looking forward to it!
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I'm enjoying these issues much more than the first arc. Looking forward to it!
    Me too. The themes of history and family seem to be prominent in this arc. We see villains from Luke and Danny's past who are trying to reform as well as characters who are acting as surrogate family members. Still can't get over how cute it is to see Auntie Colleen Wing playing with baby Danielle!

Speaking of Colleen, here is a link to some of the newest photos featuring her and Danny from the series:

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/...es&sort=newest
    http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/...ck&sort=newest

I think it's cool. I'm glad that they chose to dress Colleen in conservative, street clothes rather than her white, nipplely jumpsuit:

Still, I think the hair could have had a tinge more red.
    Last edited by Tien Long; 09-19-2016 at 06:08 PM.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I want i want i want

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post

I want i want i want
    Look like I just found my first Funko Pop purpose. I hope there will be a green version.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Look like I just found my first Funko Pop purpose. I hope there will be a green version.
    The packaging says (Gold) so I assume that means other versions are coming.

Do you think the new Netflix Iron Fist will be "lighter" than DD and JJ have been?

BANNED

Me too. The themes of history and family seem to be prominent in this arc. We see villains from Luke and Danny's past who are trying to reform as well as characters who are acting as surrogate family members. Still can't get over how cute it is to see Auntie Colleen Wing playing with baby Danielle!

Speaking of Colleen, here is a link to some of the newest photos featuring her and Danny from the series:

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/...es&sort=newest
    http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/...ck&sort=newest

I think it's cool. I'm glad that they chose to dress Colleen in conservative, street clothes rather than her white, nipplely jumpsuit:

Still, I think the hair could have had a tinge more red.
    Meh. I always thought that was an artifact of 70s printing. The character's hapa; she looks hapa in the photos. Good enough for me.

I want i want i want
    Oh. Hell. To. The. Yes!!! And as much as I dig the classic green and gold, that white and gold is a tick more slick IMO. I wonder if they'll come out with a shirtless variant...when Danny sports that appearance, I love how it's practically a nod to Bruce Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Do you think the new Netflix Iron Fist will be "lighter" than DD and JJ have been?
    I honestly hope it will be...I wonder, would it be too much to ask for that AND a 70's vibe? Light or dark, and regardless of the time feel, I'll still watch...it's Iron Fist and I can't wait to see how Marvel Studios handles kung-fu.
    Last edited by Maven; 09-21-2016 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Fixer-upper.
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    I think it will be lighter than JJ, but the same as DD.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Dumb Question: I've read a lot of classic and modern IF stuff but I can't find the origin of the white suit.

Does it actually mean anything? I know the green one from Aja's run was just updating it but then it was white out of nowhere whenever he was on a team, was there ever a reason for this?

Mighty Member

Dumb Question: I've read a lot of classic and modern IF stuff but I can't find the origin of the white suit.

Does it actually mean anything? I know the green one from Aja's run was just updating it but then it was white out of nowhere whenever he was on a team, was there ever a reason for this?
    I think it happened during the Fear Itself storyline, Iron Fist and the Immortal Weapons are summoned to close the gates of the Eighth City that are on the verge of opening. Danny is placed under mind control which creates a mystical interference with the ability of the Immortal Weapons to close the gate. Mind controlled Danny is forced to fight the other heroes. War Machine knocks him out and the mission is completed successfully. Doctor Strange realizes that Iron Fist is now an Immortal Weapon of Agamotto. Bendis followed up on it briefly but it has been a while since I have read it.

I thought that it was kind of random and it was never really explained. Now it is pretty much ignored.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Any news of when Iron Fists comes out?
    Everything Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    Any news of when Iron Fists comes out?
    The TV Show? All bets are on April next year.