Page 1 of 178 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Iron Fist: The Living Weapon Appreciation

The son of K'un L'un is back with a new series and a new appreciation thread! Enjoy!

Mighty Member

We're baaack!!!

Always one of my favourites, I'm hoping this will be a good year for Iron Fist.

It's a great start for a shamefully underused character - can't wait to see how it develops!

Preview for Iron Fist: The Living Weapon #2 is up at Comicvine!

Did I miss Lei Kung having a daughter before? Or is that supposed to be Orson Randall's daughter and Kaare Andrews (and the editor) messed up?

I liked The Immortal Iron Fist #1.

Brilliantly written and drawn, Kaare Andrews makes it so stylised.

I just think he's too angsty! Lighten up a bit!

I've not mentally committed to the book so I'll keep trying it unless it gets really bad.
    You've never seen Judge Dredd and THE LAW at the same time. Just saying.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Preview for Iron Fist: The Living Weapon #2 is up at Comicvine!

Did I miss Lei Kung having a daughter before? Or is that supposed to be Orson Randall's daughter and Kaare Andrews (and the editor) messed up?
    She is Orson's daughter. At least that is the way it was written in the Immortal Iron Fist series. Also in the preview Lei kung asks, "Where are my sons? Where is my daughter?" We know Davos is his son. Is he also talking about Danny? As his teacher the former Thunderer was Danny's father figure.

Also it looks as if Davos is back to his old ways. He is waay too good of a villain to make him a hero. The way Brubaker and Fraction wrote him was great. They gave him an arrogance that rivaled Namor and Doom.

Danny is such a great character, one of my favorites for sure! Made an Iron Fist backpack a month or so back, I'll try to post a picture later. I'm so sad I have to wait to read the new series and finish some of the older runs as well. I'm also starving for news about the Netflix series!

Fantastic Member

Damn! I didn't expect Davos to go back to being bad, but he's like Loki of K'un L'un. Also, I read that there are plans to bring back old villains of Iron Fist in the series. The villain I would like to see return is MASTER KHAN. They could bring him back and say he was resurrected during the Chaos War event and laid low while he built up his powers and waited for the right moment to strike.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    She is Orson's daughter. At least that is the way it was written in the Immortal Iron Fist series. Also in the preview Lei kung asks, "Where are my sons? Where is my daughter?" We know Davos is his son. Is he also talking about Danny? As his teacher the former Thunderer was Danny's father figure.

Also it looks as if Davos is back to his old ways. He is waay too good of a villain to make him a hero. The way Brubaker and Fraction wrote him was great. They gave him an arrogance that rivaled Namor and Doom.
    So Orson't daughter and possibly Danny are now referred to as Lei Kung's metaphorical offspring? It just seemed overtly familiar they way it's being said in the preview, hope we get some answers within the rest of the issue.

Anyway, I'm just happy someone remembered she existed!

BANNED

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post

The good old days when Danny was a better technical fighter than Wolverine. Oh I mean Godverine. SMH

I still think iron fist is cooler than wolverine and in an honest fight could kick his ass but then again I'm not really a fan of wolverine

I loved the Claremont - Byrne solo series. Byrne showcased Iron Fist's movements as poetry in motion.

IronFist_vs_Chaka.jpg
    Last edited by Torpedo; 05-03-2014 at 06:27 PM.
    BOOSTER GOLD (Michael Jon Carter), HAWKEYE (Clint Barton), IRON FIST (Daniel Rand), MOON KNIGHT (Marc Spector aka Steven Grant aka Jake Lockley), NIGHTCRAWLER (Kurt Wagner), NOVA (Richard Rider)

Here's a really cool interview with Kaare Andrews regarding his insights on Iron Fist http://riddickulousrants.com/2014/05...kaare-andrews/

It makes me really excited how passionate he sounds, I hope the writing keeps getting better but so far I'm happy with how fantastic it looks.