Page 10 of 178 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo View Post
    I would like to see Master Khan back, and if it were up to me, I would have a lot of what was "revealed" since Power Man & Iron Fist 74 as Khan messing with people's memories as he is shown doing in Namor to further his ends. Personally, I would like also the Ninja back.
    Great idea! I know I'm responding to this late, but I was thinking how your suggestion would work. As we know K'un L'un appears on the Earthly Plane once every ten years. Why is that? I was thinking that the foundation of K'un L'un was built on a fault line that's connected to space time continuum via the crystals. It's possible that Master Khan used a spell of some sort that trigged ripples throughout time and altered different points of K'un L'uns history without the residents realizing it. Now I'm going with the theory that Master Khan isn't a God. He casted a spell to make himself a God to the people of K'un L'un but it had side effects that effected time and space and is still effecting it in his absence. That would be a great way to explain the inconsistencies without outright writing them off. As for the Ninja, I thought he was the one behind the recent attack in K'un L'un but it would be nice to see him return from his pocket dimension and cause havoc! He needs a new name.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo View Post
    I think everyone tried to forget about that and Junzo Muto. Priest quickly gave Danny his powers back during his Black Panther arc featuring Chiantang (which is another headache retcon itself, in particular with Shou Lao's origin).

It is amazing how a whole era of IF is a series of retcons one after the other... Khan's death connects up Iron Fist's false death, and the plant duplicate, and Chiantang the Black Dragon, and the Super Skrull impersonating Danny, and Tyrell King being Khan, and...
    As I mentioned above, all of that could be side effects of the space time continuum spell that makes it possible for K'un L'un to appear on Earth every ten years and a spell Master Khan casted years ago that further effected everything.

Hey everyone - I finally have internet access for long enough to post some thoughts on the newest issue, which I really enjoyed. While the last issue was probably my least favorite of the first five due to being largely a flashback, I loved that this issue picked up right where issue three left us; I've been dying to know more about what's going on with Danny's scary Robo-Dad, and so you can imagine that the multi-headed reveal astounded me! (Though, in retrospect, the clue was there before with The Thunderer's decapitation.) I wonder how much of the machine is made up of the personalities it might have inherited from its heads; so far it only talks like Danny's dad: is it really him talking, or is the robot doing an excellent impersonation? And is that really the head of Harold Meachum? If so, how/when did the robot assimilate him?

Plus, what exactly is the thing's plan? It seems as though he is working with Davos. Is what we're seeing here part of a long term plan between Davos and Wendell Rand? Did they decide long ago that K'un-L'un was theirs for the taking? After all, we know they grew up as friends, and we know both failed to achieve their dream of becoming he Iron Fist. Perhaps they decided to overthrow the ruling class and do things their own way? It does seem as though one of the themes that Kaare is playing with in this series is the desire for the young to push aside the old - even that societies need the young to do this so as to avoid stagnation. Readers of IIF know that revolution finally came to K'un L'un to a degree - Pei is a perfect example of that - but perhaps Wendell and Davos see this time of uncertainty to grab hold for power.

I really cannot wait to find out.

Also interested to discover what's going on with Brenda: it is apparent that she is not a flat character; Kaare is slowly revealing the depth of her identity. She's not just an innocent reporter, considering her spar with the Spider-Lady in this issue. Is she a reporter at all? Perhaps she's involved with the reconstruction of Rand Tower. Or, my initial thought was that she is maybe an Agent of Shield and is supposed to be watching Danny for some reason. Regardless, I hope you readers who were put off by her character's incongruities realize that Kaare is playing the long game with us on who exactly she is and what her motivations are; and in fact, he hinted to us that she was more than she seemed right from the get-go when she referenced her shady past.

Also, I really enjoy seeing Danny as a young boy growing up in K'un L'un, especially now that we have Sparrow added to the mix. Seeing these gaps in Danny's history filled is excellent, and I commend Kaare for utilizing the wiggle room left by past writers. Sure, I wasn't super into the "almost Iron Fist" that was introduced, but after thinking about it, it totally makes sense: we already know more than one person can wield the Iron Fist power at once, and it makes sense that they would need a champion after Orson Randall hightailed it. Plus, it was cool to be reminded that becoming an Iron Fist is something that most fail at.

Liked seeing the Many and the One, as well. I liked the almost-retcon from IIF that made fighting Shou-Lou the ultimate challenge in becoming the Iron Fist, but I also don't mind Kaare bringing back these original ideas and sprucing them up.

I'm still guessing that, when this is all over, it will be Danny who becomes leader of K'un L'un, but how exactly we get to that point is still a mystery to me.

Oh, and I wonder if the Spider-Monster-Lady is related to the Bride of Nine Spiders. I hope Kaare continues popping in references to the other Immortal Cities and Weapons.

-Pav, who still holds out hope that Sparrow isn't dead...
    Last edited by Pav; 08-11-2014 at 10:26 AM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I wonder how much of the machine is made up of the personalities it might have inherited from its heads; so far it only talks like Danny's dad: is it really him talking, or is the robot doing an excellent impersonation? And is that really the head of Harold Meachum? If so, how/when did the robot assimilate him?
    Good to have you back, Pav.

I'm still not sure as to whether it's still Danny's father or not. On one hand, it's implied that this guy is The One and just wearing Wendall's face, but on the other hand the lead up from previous issues implies this is Wendall Rand. The voice and tone could either be The One mockingly using the "dad speak" to throw Danny off or a demented Wendall's speech. Regardless, I'm hoping we learn more about him soon. I'm also not sure if that's supposed to be Meachum only because I haven't seen Kaare's Meachum to properly compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Sure, I wasn't super into the "almost Iron Fist" that was introduced, but after thinking about it, it totally makes sense: we already know more than one person can wield the Iron Fist power at once, and it makes sense that they would need a champion after Orson Randall hightailed it. Plus, it was cool to be reminded that becoming an Iron Fist is something that most fail at.
    You think the almost Iron Fist failed because he was sharing Shou-Lao's chi with the still active Orson Randall? I mean, we've seen what sharing the chi did to Danny in IIF. If that's that case I feel really bad for that guy lol

Mighty Member

I know that writing an invincible fighter is not interesting to read or watch (think Steven Seagal movies) but why have all recent Iron Fist writers feel the need to have Danny get pummeled or at least lose badly to the antagonist? It has happened so much lately. You would think that being the living weapon would mean you were a Kung Fu bad @$$.
    Last edited by taozen; 08-12-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I know that writing an invincible fighter is not interesting to read or watch (think Steven Seagal movies) but why have all recent Iron Fist writers feel the need to have Danny get pummeled or at least lose badly to the antagonist? It has happen so much lately. You would think that being the living weapon would mean you were a Kung Fu bad @$$.
    It would be nice to see him get a W... though I can't imagine it not happening by the end of this series.

Writers in other books haven't really been giving him the time of day. There were those times he destroyed Ragnarok and that time he purified Shadowland Daredevil though, but those were both very deux ex machina imo. No buildup. Just very out of left field displays of raw power.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 08-12-2014 at 11:56 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    It would be nice to see him get a W... though I can't imagine it not happening by the end of this series.

Writers in other books haven't really been giving him the time of day. There were those times he destroyed Ragnarok and that time he purified Shadowland Daredevil though, but those were both very deux ex machina imo. No buildup. Just very out of left field displays of raw power.
    Fraction and Bru had have fight to a draw with Davos in Immortal Iron Fist first arc. Fat Cobra defeated him. Swierczynski had him getting beaten by Chi Lin in his run. In Mighty Avengers, Danny got beaten by the possessed White Tiger. Now we see what Andrews has done. It has been just happening so much lately. You do not see this happen so often to the other top fighters such as Cap, Wolverine or Shang Chi. I just want to see him be the Immortal Living Weapon. Maybe that is what Andrews is building him towards. At least I hope he is because I am getting tired of seeing Danny getting beat up.

Fraction and Bru had have fight to a draw with Davos in Immortal Iron Fist first arc. Fat Cobra defeated him. Swierczynski had him getting beaten by Chi Lin in his run. In Mighty Avengers, Danny got beaten by the possessed White Tiger. Now we see what Andrews has done. It has been just happening so much lately. You do not see this happen so often to the other top fighters such as Cap, Wolverine or Shang Chi. I just want to see him be the Immortal Living Weapon. Maybe that is what Andrews is building him towards. At least I hope he is because I am getting tired of seeing Danny getting beat up.
    I see your point. I definitely think Andrews is building him up towards a big win hopefully. The next arc is titled "Redemption" after all. His reputation as one of Marvel's top fighters has suffered at the hands of other writers unfortunately. He's constantly used as a one-hit wonder instead of focusing on his fighting prowess.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    I see your point. I definitely think Andrews is building him up towards a big win hopefully. The next arc is titled "Redemption" after all. His reputation as one of Marvel's top fighters has suffered at the hands of other writers unfortunately. He's constantly used as a one-hit wonder instead of focusing on his fighting prowess.
    So many writers have reverted to the old iron fist routine of him being a character that can hit thing really hard. It is as if no one has really read the Immortal Iron Fist Series and see the potential that Fraction and Brubaker made when they added to the Iron Fist mythology. It astounds me that writers have not seen the potential of this character since he grew up is this mystical kung fu realm and became the best fighter of his generation. Danny should have this really ecletic fighting style and hardly anyone touches on the mystical side of his abilities. That is one of the things I enjoyed about the immortal Iron Fist series. I am looking forward to how Andrews puts him back together. Maybe he could show that Danny does not evern realize his own potential since so many of K'un L'un and Iron Fist secrets have been kept from him. I guess we will have to wait and see.
    Last edited by taozen; 08-13-2014 at 02:12 PM.

So many writers have reverted to the old iron fist routine of him being a character that can hit thing really hard. It is as if no one has really read the Immortal Iron Fist Series and see the potential that Fraction and Brubaker made when they added to the Iron Fist mythology. It attounds me that writers have not seen the potential of this character since he grew up is this mystical kung fu realm and became the best fighter of his generation. Danny should have this really ecletic fighting style and hardly anyone touches on the mystical side of his abilities. That is one of the things I enjoyed about the immortal Iron Fist series. I am looking forward to how Andrews puts him back together. Maybe he could show that Danny does not evern realize his own potential since so many of K'un L'un and Iron Fist secrets have been kept from him. I guess we will have to wait and see.
    Exactly this. You've worded it perfectly.

Mighty Member

I like the cover. Seems the redemption of Danny Rand begins. Mild Spoiler's below in the solicitation.:

IRON FIST: THE LIVING WEAPON #7
    KAARE ANDREWS (W/A/C)
    The REDEMPTION arc begins!
    • Can the broken hands of Danny Rand re-form to IRON FISTS?
    • There’s a hostile takeover of Rand Tower. VERY hostile.
    • Young Danny Rand discovers the mechanical heart of K’Un-Lun!
    Last edited by taozen; 08-20-2014 at 09:58 PM.

Mighty Member

Iron Fist #6 preview was posted. Here is it is:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=23314

Amazing Member

Interesting. I am fearing what is behind that door...

I'm guessing his mother. The solicit says someone from his past will be helping him. I'm guessing this puts into motion his redemption arc.

Amazing Member

Oh, I am sure his mother is behind that door... I am more concerned if she is with someone else there. The whole thing screams repressed memory, with Danny in his pjs carrying a teddy bear, and a closed door...

Mighty Member

But isn't Danny just hallucinating or just having a dream sequence? It looks like it in those pages.