Page 101 of 178 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2663

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I asked someone on reddit to photoshop the K'un Lun robes with reverse colors to mirror the classic look. A user by the name of cary_granite was nice enough to help me out. I thought it turned out nice, although I'd like the gold to be even lighter overall:

What do you think?
    Nice! It's subtle, realistic, yet still in tune with the comic's original colors.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Gail Simone once again droning on and on about why Iron Fist should be asian.

Claims Iron Fist is her favourite character and yet denying that the fact he's a white guy is a core element of his naivety and privilege or his dynamics and re-education in Power Man & Iron Fist

Kinda sad really.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I asked someone on reddit to photoshop the K'un Lun robes with reverse colors to mirror the classic look. A user by the name of cary_granite was nice enough to help me out. I thought it turned out nice, although I'd like the gold to be even lighter overall:

What do you think?
    Looks better mostly green and I too prefer the yellow a bit lighter in tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post

Claims Iron Fist is her favourite character
    The "its ok, I have a black friend" qualifier lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Right?

She really went off asking her Asian American followers if they've ever felt like outsiders, because you know Danny being an outsider is 100% of his story. Re-education of the rich white male never entered into his stories at all ever.

While I consider myself rather left, it's time like this I see why everyone finds the hard left so intolerably aggravating.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Looks better mostly green and I too prefer the yellow a bit lighter in tone.
    Beggars can't be choosers, though, so I got what I asked for (actually, the guy made a darker version and then made this version after). That being said, I don't want it to be highlighter yellow either. There's a happy medium between the two.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I hate how the critics of the iron fist Netflix series are saying having a white guy playing Danny rand aka iron fist is whitewashing even though he's always been white in the comics yet they attack critics of the domino casting for the deadpool sequel because they're upset that they cast a non Caucasian actress to play domino people the critics are honestly just hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I hate how the critics of the iron fist Netflix series are saying having a white guy playing Danny rand aka iron fist is whitewashing even though he's always been white in the comics yet they attack critics of the domino casting for the deadpool sequel because they're upset that they cast a non Caucasian actress to play domino people the critics are honestly just hypocrites.
    This sounds more like someone being really dumb and not reading the source material.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Claims Iron Fist is her favourite character and yet denying that the fact he's a white guy is a core element of his naivety and privilege or his dynamics and re-education in Power Man & Iron Fist

Kinda sad really.
    Right?

She really went off asking her Asian American followers if they've ever felt like outsiders, because you know Danny being an outsider is 100% of his story. Re-education of the rich white male never entered into his stories at all ever.

While I consider myself rather left, it's time like this I see why everyone finds the hard left so intolerably aggravating.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    This sounds more like someone being really dumb and not reading the source material.
    Honestly this is really annoying. I know critics have complained about other things about the show (pacing, action scenes, acting etc.) but that fact that this feels like the crux of it all makes it really seem that there was a bias for this particular show. I could understand people complaining about Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One (even though casting an Asian man won't have solved any problems either) but Danny has always been this privileged white guy. The fact that he's pretty much a culture appropriator and an outsider has always been part of who he is. Perhaps the show didn't handle that as well as they should have (and perhaps that's why they're toning down on the mysticism), but it's idiotic to call this whitewashing. And why oh why would casting an Asian lead fix anything? Isn't that just a bigger stereotype? The first Asian lead in the MCU is also the martial arts guy? Seriously, is that what people actually want?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Honestly this is really annoying. I know critics have complained about other things about the show (pacing, action scenes, acting etc.) but that fact that this feels like the crux of it all makes it really seem that there was a bias for this particular show. I could understand people complaining about Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One (even though casting an Asian man won't have solved any problems either) but Danny has always been this privileged white guy. The fact that he's pretty much a culture appropriator and an outsider has always been part of who he is. Perhaps the show didn't handle that as well as they should have (and perhaps that's why they're toning down on the mysticism), but it's idiotic to call this whitewashing. And why oh why would casting an Asian lead fix anything? Isn't that just a bigger stereotype? The first Asian lead in the MCU is also the martial arts guy? Seriously, is that what people actually want?
    It seems they wouldn't have minded it as much if it were handled well. Danny being an outsider to K'un Lun could still happen if he were Asian and being privileged and Asian American aren't mutually exclusive. Hell, Lewis Tan, who is a real life martial artist, auditioned for the role of Danny and was cast as a villain instead.

But there are still issues with this show besides Danny being a white guy (and I don't think anyone has called it whitewashing). That bit just stands out because of how poorly put together the show seems to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It seems they wouldn't have minded it as much if it were handled well. Danny being an outsider to K'un Lun could still happen if he were Asian and being privileged and Asian American aren't mutually exclusive. Hell, Lewis Tan, who is a real life martial artist, auditioned for the role of Danny and was cast as a villain instead.

But there are still issues with this show besides Danny being a white guy (and I don't think anyone has called it whitewashing). That bit just stands out because of how poorly put together the show seems to be.
    Okay but Lewis Tan needs to be grateful he got anything. He's been bitching about not getting cast as the lead in Iron Fist for ages, yet his acting credits are mostly as a stunt guy. His actual acting chops are next to non existent, why would anyone cast someone that green as a lead? Jones comes from Game of Thrones which has a superb casting department who generally target outstanding theatre actors, so Jones comes highly recommended from one of the biggest shows on TV. Tan in response to Jones being better quality, cries racism, saying he was passed over for being Asian rather than looking at other factors.

If there are other issues then fine, I'm sure fans of the comics will also see them but focusing on the faux controversy over race just makes the critics look like butthurt SJW intent on tearing the show down no matter what.

Isn't Quake the first Asian lead in the MCU? :P But yes I agree, this seems to be the crux everyone is using and they're not justifying much else in their bad reviews.

This is not the same thing.

Domino isn't caucasian. She is literally "white" lol. Her creator said...

https://twitter.com/robertliefeld/st...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Never assigned race to Domino. Wide open, lends perfectly to diverse casting.

this isn't the same at all

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

IF the only real issues are people so fixated on Danny's race that it taints the reviews... and this show is actually on par with the other 4 seasons Netflix Marvel has produced...

it will be fine. People will watch it in droves.

When it is all said in done, despite all the twitter rage.... people like to be entertained.

Okay but Lewis Tan needs to be grateful he got anything. He's been bitching about not getting cast as the lead in Iron Fist for ages, yet his acting credits are mostly as a stunt guy. His actual acting chops are next to non existent, why would anyone cast someone that green as a lead? Jones comes from Game of Thrones which has a superb casting department who generally target outstanding theatre actors, so Jones comes highly recommended from one of the biggest shows on TV. Tan in response to Jones being better quality, cries racism, saying he was passed over for being Asian rather than looking at other factors.

If there are other issues then fine, I'm sure fans of the comics will also see them but focusing on the faux controversy over race just makes the critics look like butthurt SJW intent on tearing the show down no matter what.

Isn't Quake the first Asian lead in the MCU? :P But yes I agree, this seems to be the crux everyone is using and they're not justifying much else in their bad reviews.
    I haven't seen a whole lot of complaints from Tan. And given Jones' performance is one of the biggest criticisms of the show...

And as I said, the race thing is not the only issue people are talking about. It just stands out more because the show is so bad. Note that people mostly forgot about the Tilda Swinton Ancient One thing once the film came out.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

This is not the same thing.

Domino isn't caucasian. She is literally "white" lol. Her creator said...

this isn't the same at all
    Yeah but the point remains is domino is white I believe her biological parents have even been implied to be both white the point I'm making is the people defending the domino casting who are telling the critics to stop are hypocrites because most these same people are the same people who are being critical of the Danny rand iron fist casting who not only is Caucasian in the comics but they cast a Caucasian actor.

Would be nice if the critics who are critical of iron fists's casting were just as critical of the domino casting then again they most likely don't actually read the comics.

At the very least even on the domino tread this was brought up that at the very least domino is possibly Asian we know that her chalk white albino skin tone is the result of her mutantion and like I said it's not shown much but her parents are even implied to be white so the people who say we don't know if she's truly white or not and if the chalk white skin tone isn't because of her mutation no neena's white.

As long as they don't then make neena black in the comics I'm fine same thing with Valkyrie as long as they don't change their race on the spot because the films are popular then I'm fine it's a similar way I feel if it's true that in the new spider man film Mary Jane won't be Caucasian.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 03-14-2017 at 05:34 AM.