Page 118 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2663
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Speaking of hair, I'm not gonna claim to be some expert on how white people's hair works (as a black man), but isn't it a bit weird that young Danny has super straight hair and then adult Danny's hair is super curly? Does that kind of progression or change in hair texture happen?
    It's calling actor budgets :P

tbh I don't know why they didn't just cut his hair and keep it wavey instead of curly, Finn looks better with shorter hair and no beard, look way more like Danny too.

Short hair:

Clean shaven:

Only reason I can think they never went this way was to avoid yet more Arrow comparisons? Which is a shame.

Speaking of hair, I'm not gonna claim to be some expert on how white people's hair works (as a black man), but isn't it a bit weird that young Danny has super straight hair and then adult Danny's hair is super curly? Does that kind of progression or change in hair texture happen?
    I haven't really seen it happen this way, but I've seen the exact opposite happen.

I know one girl in particular who grew up with extremely curly hair, but as an adult with different hormones, her hair became straight as an arrow.

-Pav, who isn't a hair expert either...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

My hair was straight as a kid and then changed to curly when I hit eighth grade. Not Danny Rand curly, but certainly not straight.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    That's a completely different scene and yes, you wouldn't do that but Danny has been had respect for a dojo beaten into him so him perpetuating that respect with threats of violence (that he himself was on the receiving end of) is just yet more fish out of water plot beats. he doesn't know or understand that dojos in the city are recreational not a way of life. He also didn't undermine Colleen because she wasn't there until she whipped the kid in the leg.

I guess if this doesn't come across as fish out of water stuff then its yet more issues that'd be fixed with a better script writer
    Yes that's essentially the biggest problem. They were rather inconsistent with this throughout the season.

BANNED

my problem was this he left when he was 10 or so right?

Ergo he shouldn't be this much of a fish out of water.

He should know basic societal norms. Such as showing up to a major corporation dressed the way he was is not going to go down well.

Living in different parts of the world could definitely change the texture of your hair, just how humidity often does.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

I enjoyed this video a lot :P

I enjoyed this video a lot :P
    Ha, this is funny. They just needed to pick an actor that would have fit the role, I'm pretty sure there are a lot of white unknown actors who studied stage martial arts/fighting that probably would have fit the role better. Nothing against the actor but I still think Finn was a miscast. This show is just disappointing as comic book and Kung Fu fan.

I'm curious, for those who've finished Iron Fist, how do you feel about Finn Jones' Danny bouncing off Mike Colter's Luke Cage?

What do you feel the dynamic is going to be like for them in Defenders and going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm curious, for those who've finished Iron Fist, how do you feel about Finn Jones' Danny bouncing off Mike Colter's Luke Cage?

What do you feel the dynamic is going to be like for them in Defenders and going forward?
    It's hard to tell because Iron Fist is always the jokey one and this Danny is meeting Luke way ahead of schedule in terms of the Danny character progression.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Nope, not weird at all. When I was a boy, I had very curly hair. When I got older, it straightened out more and eventually it was just completely straight.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    uhhhhh...comics?

or it could be as simple as him straightening his hair as a kid cause he didn't like it curly, and then when he went to kun lun he obviously didn't have the means to do so...although it seems strange that they'd let him look so scruffy in a place as rigid as k'un lun
    I was wondering about the bolded too. I'm on episode 7 and even though I don't know much about the way of life in K'un-L'un, I'd expect that Danny would treat his body as a temple and keep his appearance neat, but his hair is almost overgrown and so is his beard. I do kinda like that he said he used to drink forbidden wine back at the monastery so it comes as no surprise that he can have a drink with someone.

It's calling actor budgets :P

tbh I don't know why they didn't just cut his hair and keep it wavey instead of curly, Finn looks better with shorter hair and no beard, look way more like Danny too.

Only reason I can think they never went this way was to avoid yet more Arrow comparisons? Which is a shame.
    Yea I agree. I remember when he was cast and even though the only person I really wanted was Dan Stevens and didn't see Finn looking like Danny, I found some pics with him in short hair and knowing he's a pretty solid actor, I became on board with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I haven't really seen it happen this way, but I've seen the exact opposite happen.

I know one girl in particular who grew up with extremely curly hair, but as an adult with different hormones, her hair became straight as an arrow.

-Pav, who isn't a hair expert either...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    My hair was straight as a kid and then changed to curly when I hit eighth grade. Not Danny Rand curly, but certainly not straight.
    Thanks for the info guys

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    my problem was this he left when he was 10 or so right?

Ergo he shouldn't be this much of a fish out of water.

He should know basic societal norms. Such as showing up to a major corporation dressed the way he was is not going to go down well.
    I kinda wish there was a way Danny right now in the show was combining what his father probably used to teach him about the business, and the values he learnt in K'un-L'un. Like when Madame Gao said his office had bad Feng Shui, I feel like that is something Danny should have noticed and fixed himself? Aside from his martial arts skill, the Iron Fist technique and the occasional monologue or throw away line about life in K'un-L'un, he hasn't really brought any of their culture or values back to New York, and that's something I would have liked to see. Or Like the way he dresses to work all the time. I mean, I get they want to show that he's kinda still like a kid but come on, not even Joy has bought him some decent work shoes? His father would have certainly taught him how to abide by a dress code, and so would have Lei-Kung (or whoever it was that trained him). But then again, I haven't even seen much of either in the show and it's kinda disappointing. It's funny how they could have done something like Arrow: flashbacks that showed the similarties between the past (K'un-L'un) and the present (New York).

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Living in different parts of the world could definitely change the texture of your hair, just how humidity often does.
    Oh I didn't know that thanks

I know I haven't finished but, so far another issue I have with this show thus far is that Danny nor the show is funny? I don't remember laughing at any bit, except for the "date" Danny, Colleen and Claire had. His character rarely feels lighthearted to me nor does the general tone of the show. I was kinda expecting Danny to be the Thor/Doctor Strange/Iron Man hybrid of the Defenders but I also saw a little resemblance to Star-Lord in the first episode when he kept listening to an obviously very hold music player (think it was an iPod). I kinda wish they showed that music meant something to him (especially when said music player kept playing when the plane crashed; think we all understood that reference).

I don't know how this current Danny will bounce off with Luke Cage though (considering I haven't watched LC tbh

Extraordinary Member

It's hard to tell because Iron Fist is always the jokey one and this Danny is meeting Luke way ahead of schedule in terms of the Danny character progression.
    It doesn't look good, I'm sorry to say.

This Danny starts out with PTSD and Survivor's guilt.

The season finale...doesn't help things any.

I think mike colter described Danny as a bull in a china shop and Luke has to reign him in. Luke had a similar one with Jess during her show. Im more curious about the Danny/Matt dynamic.

It's funny, I feel like the Luke/Danny dynamic is reversed now, at least compared to classic PM&IF. Luke's now more the cool head and Danny's the more impulsive one. I think it can work, but it needs some development in Defenders. Would be a shame if they ignored it, seeing how they're already taking liberties regarding the whole Misty/Danny situation.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher