Page 139 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2663

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Blimey... we hear nothing for two years and then it suddenly springs up without warning! That was meant to be an ANAD book!
    Weird, huh? Came out of nowhere. Wonder why they didn't just release it as a physical copy?

Haven't read it yet, but hope to soon. Not sure how I'll see it without a digital subscription for anything tho
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I have a few questions like...Why hasn't any news been released about this? Has anyone heard if this will be the only way to pick up the New Immortal Iron Fist series by Kaare Andrews? If so I may have to do a hard pass for now, at least until more is revealed.
    It was announced yesterday, and released the same day (saw articles here, at Newsarama, IGN, etc).

https://twitter.com/kaareandrews/sta...89698878750720

I hope eventually there is a nice printed tpb, to put next to my other IF books

@kaareandrews: I'm sure Pei will master all forms eventually -- even print!
    https://twitter.com/kaareandrews/sta...21101741887488
    @kaareandrews: I'm sure it'll hit print eventually...
    From Newsarama article:
    No details on a print edition of Immortal Iron Fists has been given, but several previous comiXology Originals have later been solicited for print.

Thank You! But I did mean a build up of news. This is Marvels first comixology exclusive comic book...at least to my knowledge. You would think Marvel would have built this up more. However, there was no hype or engagement with their audiance at all. Even on the day of it seems as if it is being treated as blip on the comic industry radar. Just seems very strange to me.

However, I do like the news that you can buy the digital copy without a subscription in the future at least. Hopefully, a hard copy will come sooner down the road than later.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 07-21-2017 at 11:41 AM.

Amazing Member

However, I do like the news that you can buy the digital copy without a subscription in the future at least. Hopefully, a hard copy will come sooner down the road than later.
    I may be misunderstanding what you are saying, but you can buy any single digital issue right now, without a subscription to Comixology Unlimited (in my case, being outside the US, I cannot even buy that service if I wanted, but I have no problems buying single issues or subscribing to certain series so they charge me when a new issue is released).

Not keen on that art. Just not for me.

Amazing Member

http://www.cbr.com/netflix-iron-fist-season-2/

Iron Fist will return for a second season on Netflix, with a casting addition that will undoubtedly please Marvel Comics readers.

Marvel Head of Television Jeph Loeb made the announcement this evening during the Defenders panel at Comic-Con International, where he teased, the inclusion of another character that “will make you a little misty.”
    More on The Defenders:
    http://www.cbr.com/the-defenders-sdcc-2017/

BANNED

It's nice to hear Season 2's on the way but I really hope the series make some significant improvements over last season. Particularly better fights & hoping to get the costume. Fingers crossed for Shang-Chi this season?

So Kaare stated that Pei has always been in her "teens" on Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaareandrews/sta...70508924538880

Find that a little hard to believe with the way he drew/wrote her in the orginal Living Weapon series. But its his character *shrug*

Great to hear! With more appearances in the comics and on the screen, Danny's stock is rising, steadily yet surely.

I'm still cautiously optimistic. Netflix Iron Fist wasn't the complete debacle that other reviewers made it out to be, BUT we all know it had it's glaring issues. The martial arts have to improve, the scripting has to be better, the showrunner has to change, mystical K'un Lun and the Iron Fist costume have to show up, and perhaps "charges" of cultural appropriation this and that can be addressed.

But you know what....................yeah, I'm glad that Iron Fist Season 2 is coming out. Keeping the iron fists crossed!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    It's nice to hear Season 2's on the way but I really hope the series make some significant improvements over last season. Particularly better fights & hoping to get the costume. Fingers crossed for Shang-Chi this season?
    Keeping the iron fists crossed too bro! While Misty will be cool, Shang coming in has to be done!

So Kaare stated that Pei has always been in her "teens" on Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaareandrews/sta...70508924538880

Find that a little hard to believe with the way he drew/wrote her in the orginal Living Weapon series. But its his character *shrug*
    Oh yeah, it is odd right. She certainly looks like a little kid here:

Still, I can buy that it's Andrews' stylized rendering here.
    "I am a man of peace."

Alright. As promised, I'm going to offer my thoughts on the first issue of Immortal Iron Fists. After 3 readings, I think I've gotten a better handle on Andrews' story. I have my initial doubts, but after subsequent read through's, I realized there were a lot of things going for this title. I'll say it again though, Pei shined well here and I'm eager to read more about her.

In any case here are my thoughts. Spoilers are below!:

spoilers:

- Honestly, the first time I read this issue I was pissed. Perhaps it's the teacher in me, but seeing a bunch of knuckle-heads beat up Pei and insult her ethnicity really infuriated me. What infuriated me even more was that Danny let this happen. While I got that he sees Pei's experience in the NYC public school system as akin to his experiences in K'un Lun, Danny seems to just be really, REALLY obtuse to the effects that this type of environment was having on this girl. His comments about the situation seemed quite flippant and unsympathetic to Pei's plight. Really Danny, you don't notice that the kid you should be taking care of is coming home with a black eye? Part of me remembered what DragonsChi said, that having legacy characters would be mean character assassination for the main character. Is this what was happening to Danny?

HOWEVER, upon rereading the issue, I understand Danny's situation a bit better. His responsibilities as a superhero and running a company keep him from taking better care of Pei. He acknowledges this in the issue. Hence why he got Madame Yeoh as Pei's keeper. For me, this casts some complexity on Danny's character. Although he's an Iron Fist, Danny being a master and parent requires something a little bit different. I understand that a lot of parents try to juggle work and family, and sometimes things, like a black eye, fall through the cracks. He's imperfect. But I hope that Danny grows more responsible as the series unfolds.

- As for Pei, thinking it over, she's going through some middle school drama (which, can be some of the worst drama, believe me). I liked seeing her trying to adapt. She's trying to follow what her master tells her, but she's at a crossroads. That's why I found Madame Yeoh to be interesting. She offers Pei an alternative, that not saying "no" isn't exactly the same as saying "yes." Thus, Pei can wear a mask and kick the crap out of a bunch of middle school bullies. Of course, we all know that there's more to Madame Yeoh than she's letting on. What could her backstory be? Perhaps the comics version of Madame Gao?

- I got to say, the art turned me off initially. It seemed immature and deviant art-esque, not professional at all. BUT, looking it over, hey, I have to admit, it grew on me. Chan's art is can be very dynamic. Danny's training of Pei, Danny and Pei's respective fight scenes, the quiet moments between Pei and Gork, they all look nice. And here's why I think that it was a smart decision to have the story premiere digitally first. This indie style of art is experimental and novel, so it fits an experimental and novel format like Comixology. I didn't get the sense that I was reading a tradition comic, but a special one designed for a digital format. Thus, it doesn't bother me to see the art in this way.

Okay. so overall, I'm intrigued with this series. I'm hopeful that we'll get a better showing from Danny and I'm really interested in where Pei will go. Looking forward to next issue!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Tien Long; 07-21-2017 at 07:53 PM.
    "I am a man of peace."

BANNED

What is the general consensus on Andrews series anyway? I get the feeling it's not exactly liked given that it burned down K'un L'un & killed Thunderer ehile also prossibly being racist in some areas for the sake of 70's throwback. I mean I like it but I'm admittedly very green when it comes to Iron Fist so I haven't exactly found time to dedicate to say the Brubaker or Fractions runs.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Great to hear! With more appearances in the comics and on the screen, Danny's stock is rising, steadily yet surely.

I'm still cautiously optimistic. Netflix Iron Fist wasn't the complete debacle that other reviewers made it out to be, BUT we all know it had it's glaring issues. The martial arts have to improve, the scripting has to be better, the showrunner has to change, mystical K'un Lun and the Iron Fist costume have to show up, and perhaps "charges" of cultural appropriation this and that can be addressed.

But you know what....................yeah, I'm glad that Iron Fist Season 2 is coming out. Keeping the iron fists crossed!
    And now we have a new trailer for Defenders

https://youtu.be/D_6J9BqgonU

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I like Danny is this trailer. Wonder who wins between him and Daredevil since it seems they come into blows. I'm hoping they have at least one fight scene with the two of them fighting together.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I like Danny is this trailer. Wonder who wins between him and Daredevil since it seems they come into blows. I'm hoping they have at least one fight scene with the two of them fighting together.
    His fight scenes look a lot better than what they were in Iron Fist. I was sold with the mass hallway fight scene and that leaping punch. Looks like there will be a big fight scene in some underground cave place.
    "I am a man of peace."