Page 14 of 178 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Thanks! It's too gorgeous a piece of art to be wasted.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Some time this month. October took a hiatus month as will December. Apparently, Marvel is trying to stall the series so that they can put out its trade before it swings back into full gear with the Redemption arc. Imo it only slows the momentum down.

Iron Fist #7 solicit:

The REDEMPTION arc begins! • Can the broken hands of Danny Rand re-form to IRON FISTS? • There’s a hostile takeover of Rand Tower. VERY hostile. • Young Danny Rand discovers the mechanical heart of K’Un-Lun!

Also a preview of #7 and interview with Kaare Andrews:

http://marvel.com/news/comics/23352/..._to_redemption

Interesting developments for Sparrow revealed in that interview.
    According to Marvel.com, it looks like issue seven is coming out December 3rd. Here is the link:
    http://marvel.com/comics/issue/49311..._weapon_2014_7

Mighty Member

Remember waaaaaaay back before the reset when we talked about Iron Fist using weapons and how we wanted to see it happen?

Attachment 12444
    I do like the old school kung fu homage with Danny welding the triple iron and I hope those are not katanas. Katanas are so cliche and shouldn't Danny be welding more kung fu , Chinese based, swords instead of traditionally Japanese weapons. I know Danny has welded Katanas before but that pic looks like something Deadpool would put on to mock Danny. The costume is okay but I do not like the collar. I was hoping it died when Aja did his redesign. Also leave Bruce Lee homages away from Iron Fist. I get so tired of seeing Shang Chi trapped in his Bruce influence and I do not want to see it happen to Danny too.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    According to Marvel.com, it looks like issue seven is coming out December 3rd. Here is the link:
    http://marvel.com/comics/issue/49311..._weapon_2014_7
    Must've been delayed then. Ugh! Two months without Iron Fist.

I do like the old school kung fu homage with Danny welding the triple iron and I hope those are not katanas. Katanas are so cliche and shouldn't Danny be welding more kung fu , Chinese based, swords instead of traditionally Japanese weapons. I know Danny has welded Katanas before but that pic looks like something Deadpool would put on to mock Danny. The costume is okay but I do not like the collar. I was hoping it died when Aja did his redesign. Also leave Bruce Lee homages away from Iron Fist. I get so tired of seeing Shang Chi trapped in his Bruce influence and I do not want to see it happen to Danny too.
    Definitely not katanas I don't think. The triple iron is an awesome weapon.

As for the costume, the collar is the only thing that I'd like to see gone, though Danny gets his costume ripped off half the time so I'd imagine it'll be shortlived.

BANNED

Heck Yeah! Danny is a playable character in Contest of Champions! See kick'n buttocks @ 2:40

Mighty Member

Remember waaaaaaay back before the reset when we talked about Iron Fist using weapons and how we wanted to see it happen?

Attachment 12444
    I would be cool to see Danny utilize some unique traditional Chinese weapons that we do not usually see in comics like the 3 sectional staff, bo staff, spear, etc. At the augmentation of those weapons with his chi and it could be very interesting indeed.

I would be cool to see Danny utilize some unique traditional Chinese weapons that we do not usually see in comics like the 3 sectional staff, bo staff, spear, etc. At the augmentation of those weapons with his chi and it could be very interesting indeed.
    Actually, I think the reason he's using the weapons are because he may be cut off from Shou-Lao's power atm. Inevitably, we'll be seeing chi infused weapons once he gains it back and I really can't wait for that!

If Orson can create chi infused gun-fu, it would be really interesting to see where Danny could take his skills with weapons.

BANNED

Not sure if you guys have been keeping up with Captain America's recent run but if so I wanted to hear what you guys think of the villain ....

Iron Nail:

It honestly seems that Remender was channeling the Iron Fist Mythos hard when he was creating him. I sorta think he could make a decent villain for Danny or at the very least a better villain for him than for Cap. What do you guys think?

Part of me thinks Iron Nail could potentially be a really great villain for Iron Fist, but the political motivation behind his villainy just doesn't resonate with Danny's mythos if I'm being honest. I think if you distanced him from that it could work, but only if they could properly connect the two somehow.

Iron Fist will be one of ten new playable characters in Marvel Heroes!

Also cool piece of IF art:

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I don't think I read that one....

But that sounds pretty cool! I am now going to have to find it
    it's just a panel and he does'nt talk or anything..i'll try to find it on the interwebz

found it!
    Last edited by dzub; 11-16-2014 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    it's just a panel and he does'nt talk or anything..i'll try to find it on the interwebz

found it!
    Why does he have boots on his hands

Quote Originally Posted by super curry max View Post
    Why does he have boots on his hands
    he has irons for fists

BANNED

man, it's been way too long since the last issue...

Quote Originally Posted by crossbones View Post
    man, it's been way too long since the last issue...

December 3rd can't get here fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    he has irons for fists
    That's just terrible LOL