Page 144 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2663

Well, if you want to get down to it, the Iron Fist/Diamondback fight started back in Defenders #3. Again, love this scene with Danny. Reminds me of Terry Bogard's Burn Knuckle from KOF:

"I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    - Madame Yeoh? Yeah, she's probably in cahoots with the main villain. The way that she seems a little too motherly, a little too supportive, a little too willing to feed Pei's violent tendencies, all of that means she's a villain. Aside from that, I was slightly (just slightly) irked at the way she is being depicted. A lot of Chinese don't use the term "Madame." Nor do they say "master" to their employers. They use titles like "Mr." So, there was a touch of Orientalism there. However, it does not distract me from enjoying this character.
    Can't say I agree with the Orientalism. I felt it was suppose to come off as professional like Alfred Pennyworth who always address people with such titles.

Well, if you want to get down to it, the Iron Fist/Diamondback fight started back in Defenders #3. Again, love this scene with Danny. Reminds me of Terry Bogard's Burn Knuckle from KOF:

Everyone needs more Terry Bogard in their life.

Spectacular Member

They still haven't answered how Diamondback got so strong.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I do not think Andrews is tarnishing Danny but he sure is downplaying him for Pei. It isn't equal footing.

And yeah this is Danny's first run as a caretaker but that doesn't excuess the somewhat drastic personality change. I feel its very out of character how he is dealing and treating Pei. Its also a drastic step for someone who has trained children with a constant care to become a guardian and then be as harsh and as you said catty. That has never been apart of Danny's personality.
    I don't think Danny is being downplayed. It's just that he isn't our protagonist; he's secondary to Pei.

The art confirms this as well: we are seeing the story from Pei's perspective, and how we see Danny is how Pei is seeing him as her Thunderer.

For all that he's done for other kids in the past, this is his first time training his direct successor as the Iron Fist.

I look forward to seeing Danny rise above his mistakes and become a better Thunderer for Pei, just as I enjoyed seeing him rise above his lack of knowledge in IIF and lead the revolt or rise above his emotional past and learn to live again in TLW.

-Pav, who wants Pei to start a Tiny Defenders group...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Wish I could join the conversation regarding Iron Fists, but I'm forced to wait for the print version. Bleh.

As an aside, in the past two or so weeks, we've had Danny in what 3,4 titles (Iron Fist #6, Defenders #4, Secret Empire #8, and Iron Fists #2). How fantastic has this been?

Looking forward to Danny having a good showing in the Defenders Netflix series next week! Keeping the iron fists crossed!
    Easily the best time ever to be an Iron Fist fan. So much to choose from, so much to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I thought the way Ben Urich described the IGH, that it grants one second at a peek of your ultimate potential,Followed by a rush that lasts for hours. I think Diamondback got that one second of his full potential and then his power levels diminished.Just a guess.
    That's a pretty believable theory, actually.

I took it another way. Diamondback isn't inconsistent. Rather, Danny is a lot tougher than people realize. Yeah, he commented that he was in excruciating pain after taking that backbreaker from Diamondback, but somehow was still able to put up a hell of a fight.

You go Danny!
    I'm just happy Danny was able to bounce back. Though if I'm being honest, I think the events in #3 were simply for shock value.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post
    They still haven't answered how Diamondback got so strong.
    It was implied to be a result of the IGH, though I can't recall it being explicitly mentioned. I'm more concerned how he got back to life.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

I thought it would be cool if Pei joined the cast of Generation X as a student of the Jean Grey school. Just thought it would be a good way to develop Pei's character and throw her into more dynamic situations.

Defenders comes out this Friday, I hope Danny and the rest are awesome.

Iron Fists reminds me of New 52 Batman and Robin where Damian and Bruce were leads but Damian was the focus character. It's also has a more comedic tone than The Living Weapon so some of Danny's traits are exaggerated for comedic effect. The whole Kung-Fu cleaning is an exaggeration of Danny's goofball tendencies as I see him trying to be the fun parent.

I think Danny's missteps with Pei is because he is not sure how to train Pei so he's grasping at straws. He has experience as a teacher but Pei represent a different challenge than all of his other students including Victor. With Pei Danny is her sole teacher/guardian where before he was the fun uncle or ran the dojo with other teachers so he needed to grow through some growing pains as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought it would be cool if Pei joined the cast of Generation X as a student of the Jean Grey school. Just thought it would be a good way to develop Pei's character and throw her into more dynamic situations.

Defenders comes out this Friday, I hope Danny and the rest are awesome.

Iron Fists reminds me of New 52 Batman and Robin where Damian and Bruce were leads but Damian was the focus character. It's also has a more comedic tone than The Living Weapon so some of Danny's traits are exaggerated for comedic effect. The whole Kung-Fu cleaning is an exaggeration of Danny's goofball tendencies as I see him trying to be the fun parent.

I think Danny's missteps with Pei is because he is not sure how to train Pei so he's grasping at straws. He has experience as a teacher but Pei represent a different challenge than all of his other students including Victor. With Pei Danny is her sole teacher/guardian where before he was the fun uncle or ran the dojo with other teachers so he needed to grow through some growing pains as well.
    Good post here. I agree with a lot of these points.

A couple of other thoughts:

- Been thinking about the upcoming issue with Iron Fist and Shang-Chi. Some my think Shang-Chi is mind-controlled, but I do wonder if Shang could break it. Indeed, he does have strong mental ability. I believe Mister Negative tried to control him, yet Shang resisted that. Maybe he'll do it here? We'll see.

- Anybody read any reviews on the new Defenders series? I've caught an article here and there but I'm honestly, I do hope to avoid them. After the first Iron Fist Netflix series, I've come to the conclusion that reviewers have their views and I've mine. I'm looking forward to Defenders and hoping that I like what I see.

- Did I tell you how ridiculously beautiful Marquez's Iron Fist drawings are?

"I am a man of peace."

Been digging some Pinterest art on Iron Fist:

Really like this gender swapped rendition. I think the artist combined elements of "Frozen" in here. Still, looks great!

"I am a man of peace."

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Just finished Defenders, they do SUCH a better job at giving Iron Fist his due in this show. SO much better than his solo.

I'm glad to hear it. I'll start watching it today.

I'm loving the interactions between Mike Colter and Finn Jones in Defenders! They have excellent on screen chemistry. Feels like they litterally jumped from the pages of Powerman and Iron Fist!

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I at least hope they do a better job. I've been hearing people going on and on how Jessica puts Danny in his place in the show and I'm like, jeeze, give the guy a break already. A few of my friends dislike him so much because of the solo that I keep having to explain to them that Danny is more then just his show counter part. So I'm hoping that the Defenders actually makes him likable in their eyes so that I can actually show them more of his comics.

I haven't seen Jess put Danny is his place. At least not yet, only on episode 5. Pretty much everyone threw some digs at each other starting out. Maybe its because Jess over unlikablity with people is in display that it seems like she is putting people in their place? To me it sorta seems that the group pretty much ignores it and moves forward though.

Amazing Member

Cover to IIF 4... Parent figure Danny... he is really going to screw it up, isn't he?

DHhr8xAVwAEvkoC.jpg

EDIT:

Oh, and browsing Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/Immortal-Iron...rds=iron+fists

Immortal Iron Fists Paperback
    January 30, 2018 - Paperback - $14.99

There's a new Iron Fist: the young kung fu monk, Pei! And Danny Rand is ready to teach her everything she needs to know about harnessing her chi and being a hero. But can he teach the young K'un-Lun native how to fi t in at a New York City public school? And what about all the mysterious monsters that keep trying to destroy New York? Trouble is coming, but thank goodness this city is big enough for both Iron Fists, because it's gonna need them! Get ready for an action-packed tale with twice the Iron Fists: crushing demons AND crushing on classmates.
    Also, the 2nd Brisson tpb will be available on March, it seems.
    Last edited by Eduardo; 08-18-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo View Post
    Cover to IIF 4... Parent figure Danny... he is really going to screw it up, isn't he?

DHhr8xAVwAEvkoC.jpg

EDIT:

Oh, and browsing Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/Immortal-Iron...rds=iron+fists

Also, the 2nd Brisson tpb will be available on March, it seems.
    Ha, love how Danny is being the awkward dad during Pei's first school dance.
    "I am a man of peace."