Page 146 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2663

Anyone want to talk about spoilers:
    Why Danny and Misty did not share a single scene together in Netflix Defenders? They saw each other briefly in the police station but that was it. Part of me is thinking it is because the writers are saving their relationship for the Iron Fist tv show as some big reveal. The other half of me is feeling they want to distant that relationship from the show altogether.
    I personally would like to see the relationship done. Espeically, considering how radically different the two actors are. Even in this MCU world their chracters are so far apart. If done correctly it could be incredibly interesting to see the love they have in the comics blossom on screen.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

I doubt we will see a Danny/Misty romantic relationship in the shows.
    Like Jessica Jones and Luke Cage their going their own direction with these relationships

Quote Originally Posted by doomeye56 View Post
    Like Jessica Jones and Luke Cage their going their own direction with these relationships
    I think there have been several hints that Luke and Jess will be together eventually. It just will be a slow build and at this point be done better than the actual comic romance.

Spectacular Member marcotheblerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I think there have been several hints that Luke and Jess will be together eventually. It just will be a slow build and at this point be done better than the actual comic romance.
    To be honest, I have no idea how they can make a relationship between this version of Danny and Misty. Misty is a grown woman who doesnt take any ****. Danny wouldnt know what to do with a woman like that.

Spectacular Member

Finished Defenders last night, really enjoyed it overall. It's not perfect but it's a lot of fun.

Danny was more enjoyable this time around than in his own show which is nice to see. I was mostly worried about the chemistry between him and Luke, but I actually thought it was good. It makes my heart happy. I still think they have a long ways to go until they've really got his character down, but this was a step in the right direction.

Honestly my favorite moment of the whole show was when Luke and Danny team up at the Midland center for the first time and Run The Jewels starts playing. That was incredibly badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Samson3191 View Post
    Finished Defenders last night, really enjoyed it overall. It's not perfect but it's a lot of fun.

Danny was more enjoyable this time around than in his own show which is nice to see. I was mostly worried about the chemistry between him and Luke, but I actually thought it was good. It makes my heart happy. I still think they have a long ways to go until they've really got his character down, but this was a step in the right direction.

Honestly my favorite moment of the whole show was when Luke and Danny team up at the Midland center for the first time and Run The Jewels starts playing. That was incredibly badass.
    Awesome scene bro! That pose at the end just captures the coolness of the Luke and Danny relationship:
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Hey all, just wanted to post some of my thoughts on Iron Fists #3. Overall, there wasn't much Kung Fu in this issue and that's okay. Indeed, the best part of this had to be the drama between Danny and Pei. I think the character building for both, especially Pei, really shined in this issue. Additionally, the issue added layers to other characters. Furthermore, we get more insight into the overarching master plot of the villain.

In any case, here are my thoughts on the issue. Be warned there are spoilers below!:

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

- The best part of this issue for me was the character building of both Danny and Pei. In the beginning of the issue, Danny is presented as someone who is struggling to be a caretaker. We've talked about this in the past, but Danny voices his concern here as he wonders if he's being too soft or too hard. Loved how he mentioned that he can't really use his childhood as a model of have to take care of Pei. Speaking of which, loved Pei's moments with the C-Train. Cheerleading, wearing make-up, crushing over the popular basketball player, all of that was real tween drama.

Of course, Danny and Pei's paths cross and cross hard in the middle of the story. Seeing the the culmination of frustrations between child and guardian always makes for great drama. Pei accusing Danny of just treating her as trial and not wanting to have Danny as her Thunderer hit hard. I'm willing to bet in that moment Danny remembered Lei Kung and how Lei Kung never had to deal with this type of drama! Ultimately, I think Pei was in the right, but perhaps it was set up that way (more on that later).

- The secondary characters shined well in this issue. The issue revealed a lot about Candace. In one sense, readers learn harsh truths from Candance. Her speech about power made me a little despondent. Although she's a tween girl, Candace already has a pretty warped view on manipulating and holding power. Still, she was willing to stick up for Pei, so she's loyal.

Madame Yeoh continues to be the conniving manipulator. In the beginning of the issue, she tells Danny to be harsh with Pei, which he does, leading to Pei hating him. However, she treats Pei to a shopping spree for all her friends and describes Danny as a hypocrite. I said it before, I'll say it again, she is a villain, and I know that it will be revealed soon.

- I'll be honest, I was a little unnerved at first with a water demon pretending to be a monk in a Buddhist temple. As a Buddhist, I take such things seriously and seeing a demon in a temple, pretending to be a monk made me somewhat offended. HOWEVER, something like this isn't too far off. I remembered in Journey to the West that there was a moment when a demon pretended to be a monk and hid in a temple. Thus, I can contextualize and accept it that way. Moreover, I'm glad that the issue talked about the turning of the wheel of dharma and how Mara wants to undo that. It's been a long time since I've studied that, so this was a good reminder of the theory.

- Aisyi? Hmmmm, seems cool. Just wish that we saw her fight the demon and what she could do.

- Loved seeing Pei's friends at the basketball game. Nice show of outrage!

All in all, a very good issue. Looking forward to the dance next issue!
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by doomeye56 View Post
    I think those are 2 different situations though.

Luke and Jessica seem a slow burn, because if they really get together it potentially kills their 2 individual shows. I think it's gonna happen, but there's plenty to milk out of them individually before they ever wanna go there. But they are definitely keeping that fla me alive.

With Danny and Misty I'm just not sure that's going to be a thing. If it was, I think they would have given us something. Just one scene together where they make some sort of connection. Could still happen, and Danny paying for her arm might create an opening. But right now I'm not seeing it.

Also, for what it's worth I like Danny and Coleen.

Quote Originally Posted by Samson3191 View Post

They're dedicate lyrics trying to establish the bromance, as they should. I thought Danny sharing the Chinese food in the restaurant was almost too much bromance.

But they defiantly have chemistry, which is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Anyone want to talk about spoilers:
    Why Danny and Misty did not share a single scene together in Netflix Defenders? They saw each other briefly in the police station but that was it. Part of me is thinking it is because the writers are saving their relationship for the Iron Fist tv show as some big reveal. The other half of me is feeling they want to distant that relationship from the show altogether.
    I personally would like to see the relationship done. Espeically, considering how radically different the two actors are. Even in this MCU world their chracters are so far apart. If done correctly it could be incredibly interesting to see the love they have in the comics blossom on screen.
    end of spoilers
    Misty knight is confirmed for season 2 of Iron Fist so i'm guessing they would focus on the Daughters of the Dragon with their own arc parallel to his. I think Danny and Misty didn't get any scenes because they ran out of space for it. They had other goals to hit in the story and Danny and Misty scenes wouldn't move anything along outside of being fan-service. Granted had you made Luke's trial the focus of everybody coming together so you could have worked in some Misty/Danny content.

I'm a fan of Danny/Misty but I don't see it happening. From a story standpoint Colleen is more suited to this Danny because her background with the Hand makes her more sympathethic to his plight. From a meta standpoint people don't like Danny at all so i don't see them risking a complicated love triangle when they have an uphill battle to get people to give Iron Fist another chance.

Tien, I read Iron Fists last night and it seems that we enjoyed it much the same way.

What really sticks out to me, having read your post, is how both Iron Fist and Iron Fists utilize character tropes: for the former, it's mostly Kung Fu tropes, whereas the latter also includes tropes from teen drama. The bullies, for example, are pretty flat characters - especially the continually racist one. Yet, as you said, Candace was given some depth.

Aisyi really threw me for a loop: where did she come from? Is this someone I'm supposed to know? Is she a famous mythological character or something?

I don't think Iron Fists reads as clean as its sister-title, but I do enjoy the overall aesthetic of the book, and I look forward to seeing how the various storylines play out.

-Pav, who hopes Yeoh gets what's coming to her...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I thought aiyisi is another demon from the ten scrolls. She could be based off a myth or a whole new creation.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Misty knight is confirmed for season 2 of Iron Fist so i'm guessing they would focus on the Daughters of the Dragon with their own arc parallel to his. I think Danny and Misty didn't get any scenes because they ran out of space for it. They had other goals to hit in the story and Danny and Misty scenes wouldn't move anything along outside of being fan-service. Granted had you made Luke's trial the focus of everybody coming together so you could have worked in some Misty/Danny content.

I'm a fan of Danny/Misty but I don't see it happening. From a story standpoint Colleen is more suited to this Danny because her background with the Hand makes her more sympathethic to his plight. From a meta standpoint people don't like Danny at all so i don't see them risking a complicated love triangle when they have an uphill battle to get people to give Iron Fist another chance.
    As someone who is a stickler for comics continuity, part of me wants to see the Danny/Misty pairing. However, I just wasn't feeling the vibe b/w the two actors in the series. Misty here looks older and seems more mature than Danny. It always appeared to me in the comics that Danny and Misty were around the same age. Then again, they didn't share too many intimate scenes together. Maybe it could work?

However, what I definitely felt could work was the relationship b/w Misty and Colleen. Seeing them just share a simple conversation with one another, wearing their trademark colors, that was a real geek out moment and I kept saying to myself how I'd love to see a Daughters of the Dragon series right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Tien, I read Iron Fists last night and it seems that we enjoyed it much the same way.

What really sticks out to me, having read your post, is how both Iron Fist and Iron Fists utilize character tropes: for the former, it's mostly Kung Fu tropes, whereas the latter also includes tropes from teen drama. The bullies, for example, are pretty flat characters - especially the continually racist one. Yet, as you said, Candace was given some depth.
    Ha yes, now that you mention it the characters are playing their respective parts well. For now, I'm digging it. Danny exploring the mythological Kung Fu tropes is cool. I touched upon it in my previous post, but Danny is talking about real elements here. Mara, the turnings of the wheel of Dharma, even that water demon are all rooted in actual Buddhist and Chinese religious and cultural beliefs. For me, it's cool that someone is bringing this to Western audiences.

As for Pei, I like her teen drama. Though well-worn, the trope is still pretty interesting because we get to see a lot of Pei's layers. Sometimes, it can be funny, like when she messed up the cheerleading routine. Other times, it can be heart-wrenching, like her arguing with Danny or feeling guilty about Jayce. Perhaps the bullies could be given more depth. Now that you mention it, I'd like to know why they pick on Pei. Still, I think Andrews is doing a good job with Candace. Still wrestling with the fact that this tween girl already knows about the intricacies of power. Yikes!

Aisyi really threw me for a loop: where did she come from? Is this someone I'm supposed to know? Is she a famous mythological character or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought aiyisi is another demon from the ten scrolls. She could be based off a myth or a whole new creation.
    Yeah, Aisyi just suddenly came out of nowhere and I ended up asking myself the same questions. For me, I kept trying to place her attire. Was it Chinese? Tibetan? Japanese? A demon hunter? The thought occurred that she might takeover Pei's training towards the end of the series. In any case, hope all of these questions will be answered in forthcoming issues.

I don't think Iron Fists reads as clean as its sister-title, but I do enjoy the overall aesthetic of the book, and I look forward to seeing how the various storylines play out.
    I'm enjoying the artwork, most definitely. Andrews mentioned in an interview that the art would becoming better as time went on. There were some really dramatic moments that Chan captured here. Hope to see it continue!
    "I am a man of peace."

Really digging these drawings from Chan. Perhaps this will be Pei's new look going forward?:

"I am a man of peace."

Check this out! http://comicbook.com/marvel/amp/2017...ccess-netflix/

Despite crits claims Iron Fist is still the 2nd most watch Marvel show on Netflix! Pleas post this anyone wants to throw some shade at are boy.