Page 157 of 178 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2663
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I enjoyed the issue and I'm very curious about the fight.

With Brissom's run i think its a good run that added some cool new toys to the toychest so to speak.

However I don't think it leaves danny in a different place like the Immortal Iron Fist or Living Weapon did.

I wouldn't say it was a "run of the mill" series tho but more of a "run in place ".

I think that's a good way to put it honestly. I really feel like IF needs a kick. A good positive kick and not a bad kick like Living Weapon was for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    It's sad. Is there a bad aura around the character because of the Iron Fist controversy? Is it because Danny might be destined for a new, as of yet unmentioned title? Personally, I hope it's the latter.
    I was surprised to see people still angry about it recently. HeroicHollywood tweeted one of the first pictures from Luke Cage: Season 2, which also happened to include Danny. The negativity in the comments was beyond petty. People really went out of their way to be cruel. Sad to see as a fan of the pairing. Even sadder to think Marvel may be basing decisions that affect the fans because of people who very clearly aren't.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I was surprised to see people still angry about it recently. HeroicHollywood tweeted one of the first pictures from Luke Cage: Season 2, which also happened to include Danny. The negativity in the comments was beyond petty. People really went out of their way to be cruel. Sad to see as a fan of the pairing. Even sadder to think Marvel may be basing decisions that affect the fans because of people who very clearly aren't.
    Very sad to hear, Of Atlantis, indeed. It is all the more disconcerting since it was an image like this that got me totally jazzed about seeing these two in Netflix related anything:

All I'll say is that Danny continue to be Danny and do what he does best and hopefully he'll win people over. And perhaps people might give the character a chance, especially since there are new and refreshing characters out in the Iron Fist mythos like Sparrow and Pei.

With Brissom's run i think its a good run that added some cool new toys to the toychest so to speak.

However I don't think it leaves danny in a different place like the Immortal Iron Fist or Living Weapon did.

I wouldn't say it was a "run of the mill" series tho but more of a "run in place ".
    That's a good way to sum up Brisson's run I think. Brisson added interesting new aspects of to the Iron Fist universe. Liu-Shi was pretty cool and I'm really hoping to see Divine Wolf again. However, things didn't dramatically change with Danny. For me though, I'm totally cool with that. To reiterate my last post, the character needed rebuilding and ultimately, just stability in the wake of all of the negative press. Good, simple, storytelling with the occasional plot twist and lots of punches, kicks, and martial arts was satisfying enough. Hopefully, this last issue just leaves Danny in a nice place.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Mighty Member

I don't blame most people for that thought. I hate Netflix Danny and liked the first half of Luke Cage. They lost people's trust with the character and it will be an uphill battle to win them back.

I agree with this. The amount of hate is ridiculous. Season one was weak but it was not as terrible as the media/critics led people to believe. Because of the early criticisms I don’t believe season one was given a fair shot.
    I LOVED the chemistry that Danny and Luke had in the Defenders and thought it was a major step up from season one. I am pumped to see Danny in season 2 of Cage. This is one of the best bromance’s in comics!

After seeing the series twice when it was released, I realized that the show doesn't do a good job defending Danny or making his choices feel justifiable. So after watching this video, I felt like the changes proposed would have improved Danny's characterization in the show.

Heck I feel like this is one instance were the comics made the better choice. As cliche as Danny's revenge quest would have felt it does give Danny a strong drive and a clear purpose that he lacked in the initial episodes.

I was a fan of Buffy/Angel and neither were firing on all cylinders in their first season. Heck I gave up on Agents of Shield in the first season and it got better when i checked in late season 2 so if AOS could do it so can IF.

Despite it's faults it got a second season which gives it another chance to get it right.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-08-2018 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I don't blame most people for that thought. I hate Netflix Danny and liked the first half of Luke Cage. They lost people's trust with the character and it will be an uphill battle to win them back.
    I really don't think most of the people going out of their way to hate on the character were ever interested in giving him a fair shot to begin with though. I think most of the comments very obviously indicate this as such and I don't think the majority of those people are open to being won over. I think depending on the reception to Luke Cage's second season, you'll see a lot more of that piling on as it's largely a mob mentality of "screaming mimis", as someone described it, at this point.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

It would be cool if one of the Immortal Weapons make an appearance in season 2. I woudn't adapt the tournament arc just yet but I'd have smaller teamups between danny and the other members in order to build up their dynamic before the big fight.

I was a big critic of the season 1 of IF (lol I have asked a reboot) but since then, I have changed my tune about this this show, it was average but still correct for a Marvel superhero tv show, that didn't deserved all the hate (from the others or from me).

the weaker show of Marvel netflix ? for me yes, but the weaker Marvel Netflix tv show are still way better than the other action tv shows; yes iron fist should have been far better, but again, the actors, the directors, but also the action directors, all have explained that the budget was very small and that the reason why they have engaged Scott Bucks because the guy is well known to make tv show under time and budget...so why blame Finn Jones ? like Of Atlantis have said, peoples seem to hate deeply not just actor but the man himself !!! simply because he is not asian ? the worst it's these peoples now seem to hate all the netflix tv shows and not just Finn Jones; we can find them in groups in twitter, forums etc...to spread their hates; I really hope Marvel don't pay attention to them; these shows are a success, and that the most important.

So why I have changed my opinion ? Simply because I have just recently seen the Defenders and I find this show amazing; Finn Jones is very good in this, in acting or in action, the editing is a little too intense during the fight scenes, but they are extremely fun and very well done, but I was very happy to see Iron Fist in live; and for me it was like the first time; I think one of the problem I have with Iron Fist season 1, it was more a prequel to..."Iron Fist" like we know him in the comics, like his "the younger years"; now in Defenders I think they have literally saved the character; I really can not wait to see his next appearance; and again if you have seen my old messages, I have asked a reboot of Iron Fist !!!

Well, except that, I have found a recent video of Finn Jones training for the season 2, and well; he is impressive:

https://twitter.com/verter88/status/975904659918422016
    Last edited by Bolo; 04-10-2018 at 01:37 PM.

I would like to see him able to do some sort of spinning kick - they just look so good on screen. Difficult to get the flexibility needed though, as I understand it.

Well darn......I'm sad to see this run come to an end Any word on where we will see Danny after the relaunch?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Well darn......I'm sad to see this run come to an end Any word on where we will see Danny after the relaunch?
    New Defenders series, maybe?
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

It's completely stupid. The people who are complaining could careless about the character. But the people who have been following Danny for several years or even there whole lives are the ones who end up suffering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    I agree with this. The amount of hate is ridiculous. Season one was weak but it was not as terrible as the media/critics led people to believe. Because of the early criticisms I don’t believe season one was given a fair shot.
    I LOVED the chemistry that Danny and Luke had in the Defenders and thought it was a major step up from season one. I am pumped to see Danny in season 2 of Cage. This is one of the best bromance’s in comics!
    Still ranked one of the most watch Netflix Marvel shows so critics be dammed.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    I was a big critic of the season 1 of IF (lol I have asked a reboot) but since then, I have changed my tune about this this show, it was average but still correct for a Marvel superhero tv show, that didn't deserved all the hate (from the others or from me).

the weaker show of Marvel netflix ? for me yes, but the weaker Marvel Netflix tv show are still way better than the other action tv shows; yes iron fist should have been far better, but again, the actors, the directors, but also the action directors, all have explained that the budget was very small and that the reason why they have engaged Scott Bucks because the guy is well known to make tv show under time and budget...so why blame Finn Jones ? like Of Atlantis have said, peoples seem to hate deeply not just actor but the man himself !!! simply because he is not asian ? the worst it's these peoples now seem to hate all the netflix tv shows and not just Finn Jones; we can find them in groups in twitter, forums etc...to spread their hates; I really hope Marvel don't pay attention to them; these shows are a success, and that the most important.

So why I have changed my opinion ? Simply because I have just recently seen the Defenders and I find this show amazing; Finn Jones is very good in this, in acting or in action, the editing is a little too intense during the fight scenes, but they are extremely fun and very well done, but I was very happy to see Iron Fist in live; and for me it was like the first time; I think one of the problem I have with Iron Fist season 1, it was more a prequel to..."Iron Fist" like we know him in the comics, like his "the younger years"; now in Defenders I think they have literally saved the character; I really can not wait to see his next appearance; and again if you have seen my old messages, I have asked a reboot of Iron Fist !!!

Well, except that, I have found a recent video of Finn Jones training for the season 2, and well; he is impressive:

https://twitter.com/verter88/status/975904659918422016
    I definitely think that the Defenders partially redeemed Netflix Iron Fist. At the very least, it showed how good choreography could make the Iron Fist character work. Indeed, for me, the main reason why I was a little soured on Iron Fist season 1 was because of the fight choreography. I said it before, I'll say it again, the best fight that occurred on that show was the intro. Considering how Danny ranks among the martial artists in the Marvel Universe, I was expecting Yuen Woo Ping, Jackie Chan, and Donnie Yen level choreography. What we got was certainly less than that (Thus, I'm glad to see that there's been a lot of lead time for Finn to prepare for the new season.)

However, I still dug Iron Fist season 1. Was Danny too self-centered, oblivious to the real world events around him? Was he too angry? Yeah, but that does fit with Danny's characterization in the comics. Plus, there were some great surprises there. I didn't expect to see Ward Meachum become such an intriguing character!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    It's completely stupid. The people who are complaining could careless about the character. But the people who have been following Danny for several years or even there whole lives are the ones who end up suffering.
    I very much agree with this. It was infuriating to see all of these articles published by certain individuals who focused on Danny being the white savior by JUST looking at his origin story from the 1970s. It pissed me off to see that none of these critics seemed to catch up on the progressive and recent developments of the character, like his relationships with Luke Cage and Misty Knight, the arrival of Pei, or the fall of the repressive patriarchy in K'un Lun. So when Danny told Divine Wolf in Iron Fist #5 that the title of Iron Fist was given to him, but that rather he earned it, that was big catharsis.

In any case, speaking about the final issue of Brisson's run, I'll say that I was very pleased. It was just a straight up, by the numbers Brisson issue, meaning that it had great action and the occasional plot twist. It was a perfect way to end the series .
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

BANNED

Iron Fist is teaming up with Spider-Man over in the newspaper comic strip series and he isn’t alone in this adventure.