Page 162 of 178 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2663

Have you guys seen this yet?

I'm so pumped for this!!

Edit:
    I can really see a lot of elements ripped from previous Iron Fist comics added in with a modern twist that fits the theme/mode of the Netflix universe. Really hope this Season is as good as I am expecting it to be.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 08-16-2018 at 01:49 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Have you guys seen this yet?

I'm so pumped for this!!

Edit:
    I can really see a lot of elements ripped from previous Iron Fist comics added in with a modern twist that fits the theme/mode of the Netflix universe. Really hope this Season is as good as I am expecting it to be.
    This looks very good. I'm quite excited!

Spectacular Member

Trailer looks legit good. I just REALLY hope we get a costume...

Quote Originally Posted by Samson3191 View Post
    Trailer looks legit good. I just REALLY hope we get a costume...
    I have been wrestling with this for a while. But I could go either way at this point, really. The Shaolin Hoodie, while not ideal, makes sense and I would be fine with it being a stand in for a costume. As long as it continues to make sense in the narrative.

But if they could get a good looking costume on screen I will not be complaining either.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I liked it. Now, I'll be honest, I do feel Finn's fighting could be better, but it certainly has improved since last season. I felt Colleen showed the better skill here. However, for what it was, it was cool. As crazy as it might sound, I really enjoyed Finn's acting. The character, the weight of responsibilty, all were compelling. Like how Davos is being used here too.

I'm intrigued. Looking forward to the series.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

My hype level has upgraded from cautiously optimistic to im gonna have a good time.

I still have my concerns over them trying to be grounded but it looks like a step up from season 1.

Fun fact- they talked about Moon knight popping up but revealed they decided against it.

Looks like Marvel has really been pushing the fight scenes for this season:

I said how Danny's fighting looks messy here. But, in the comics, isn't that what Danny's fighting like? A little rough around the edges? Pleased to see them make improvements.

Keeping the Iron Fists crossed!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

I thought the fighting looked good. From this video I don't find Danny's fighting to look messy, just loose. I obviously don't expect a tv show to look like The Raid, but it looks decent - they obviously knew they had a lot of ground to make up after season 1's very lacklustre fight choreography.

That said, I saw the first half of season 3 of Into the Badlands recently, and that is a martial arts tv show which is really hitting its stride; I assume it has a much bigger budget than Marvel's Netflix shows because the cinematography looked really, really good to my eyes - the colours just popped off the screen - and even the members of the cast who's skills were a little awkward in previous seasons had some really fun fights (Nick Frost looked like he was having a lot of fun). I'm not sure IF can scale to those heights on the budget it has. All the other Netflix shows are primarily gritty dramas with the occasional action scene: Daredevil is a legal/crime drama, Jessica Jones a detective/addiction drama, Luke Cage is The Wire lite… but IF's corporate/rich family politics focus felt more like a Dynasty-style fantasy soap, and it didn't have the cash to go full action-orientated. I hope they've managed to make the formula work this time. The fight preview certainly looks like they've poured more time and money into that area, so I do have hope that this season will redeem the Iron Fist brand.

Not long to wait to find out.

Spectacular Member

(Deleted cuz I’m a dummy)
    Last edited by Samson3191; 09-03-2018 at 08:18 AM.

Edit: No problem, we've all posted redundant links at one time or another.
    Last edited by Panic; 09-05-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Spectacular Member

Reviews for the first 6 episodes are in. Sounds like the general consensus is...it’s good!

The reviews I've read unfortunately suggest that whilst the show has improved in some areas it's still not great. Danny is sadly not as laid back as he was in Luke Cage season 2, for starters.

Spectacular Member

For what it’s worth, it’s (barely) certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes right now. From what I’ve read, I think I’ll personally enjoy it. I hope the second half of the season really brings it’s A-game!

I didn't mean to be so negative, I just thought we could do with managing our expectations. As I said before, the fights do look much better which is really going to help.

This seasson is incredible so far. Last season was really good too but the bar has been raised.