Page 163 of 178 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 2663

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Danny is sadly not as laid back as he was in Luke Cage season 2, for starters.
    Arg that really sucks, I thought he was perfect in LC2.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    This seasson is incredible so far. Last season was really good too but the bar has been raised.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

According to CBR, the finale is a game changer for the series & there is a post credits scene.

So there’s that.

Im on Ep.7 now...

The show is still good spoilers:
    but at this point it seems more like a Daughters of the Dragon show. :/

Guess I shouldn’t be surpised considering everything going on in todays world but it sucks that one of Marvels most welcoming of diversity and change is getting the most bashing and is given the least amount play in his own show.

Hope things turn around. Only, three more episodes left
    end of spoilers
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Im on Ep.7 now...

The show is still good spoilers:
    but at this point it seems more like a Daughters of the Dragon show. :/

Guess I shouldn’t be surpised considering everything going on in todays world but it sucks that one of Marvels most welcoming of diversity and change is getting the most bashing and is given the least amount play in his own show.

Hope things turn around. Only, three more episodes left
    end of spoilers

GROAN

I guess i'm one of the few that doesn't like Colleen and consider her just as bland as Danny was in S1
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Arg that really sucks, I thought he was perfect in LC2.

They just need to give this show to Hodari Coker too.

At least the Mary Sue will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    GROAN

I guess i'm one of the few that doesn't like Colleen and consider her just as bland as Danny was in S1
    Something in the finale makes me wonder if synergy will happen in the comics...
    spoilers:
    Colleen is now Iron Fist.
    end of spoilers

There's an article on CBR but the url includes a spoiler so I can't post it. Headline is "Iron Fist's big twist..."
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well .... I just finished it. And I just hope the comics do not try to synergies with the show. Because the back end was complete trash.

spoilers:
    I feel robbed...possibly even dirty after watching it. Such a disappointment. The only highlight of this season is the fight scenes, Misty Knight and shockingly Ward.

They should of just called this Daughters of the Dragon, gave Danny a heroic death, and then shelved him. At least then there could be some redemtion in a possible reboot. But now... the character will be looked as the “Milk Toast” hero of the Marvel Universe.
    end of spoilers
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Spoilers for the full second season/

spoilers:
    I agree the things done to Danny's character don't reflect well. I do but i can't help feeling it's down to Finn Jones's acting limitations.

Some changes they made I did like, like the pirate queen mythology, multiple active iron fists (since it seems like there is Coleen, Danny and now Orson) and they've really done a number of the meachums. I REALLY loved both of them this season when in season 1 i thought they were awful wastes of screentime and deserved quick deaths. Mary was awesome, there were no real duds in the main cast apart from Finn Jones cuz of his performance. It makes a lot of sense that they're making Iron Fist an ensemble team show now. I dig it.
    end of spoilers

Sounds very depressing. I'm not sure I'll watch it.

Just watched the first episode. Gotta say, very happy with what I saw! Great action, solid storytelling, nice character work, the episode just hit a lot of good beats. In terms of character, everyone paid the part well. Now, I've heard a lot of people say that Danny was the weakest part of the new series. As far as what I saw, I think he was a very strong component. A hero who is trying his best to protect the city while dealing with fallout from the past, this is a well-worn theme, but always a good one.

Still, there were a lot of little moments here and there that I liked. Coming from the NY/NJ area, I smiled hearing Albert talk in that thick, NYC Chinese-American accent.

Really interested in what happens next! Keeping the iron fists crossed!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Just watched the first episode. Gotta say, very happy with what I saw! Great action, solid storytelling, nice character work, the episode just hit a lot of good beats. In terms of character, everyone paid the part well. Now, I've heard a lot of people say that Danny was the weakest part of the new series. As far as what I saw, I think he was a very strong component. A hero who is trying his best to protect the city while dealing with fallout from the past, this is a well-worn theme, but always a good one.

Still, there were a lot of little moments here and there that I liked. Coming from the NY/NJ area, I smiled hearing Albert talk in that thick, NYC Chinese-American accent.

spoilers:
    Most fans will be very happy with the first 4 episodes. Going into episode 5 they will shuffle scratch their head and push forward. But hitting episode six you will question what is going on. By episode 7 you will realize the bait and switch. After that disappointment will ensue. It's down hill from there.
    end of spoilers

This show is just frustrating. Half of me feels like it hates itself, and is desperate to apologize for its own existence. Of course Jones and his bad acting doesn’t help, but even still.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-08-2018 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

100% agree, I find Jones very good in this role, and very close to the comics; never understand the hate for him; and I find that weird to read that here; I find him more talentuous in acting and action than the others actors from this show; I find also weird to see peoples compare Iron Fist with mediocre show like into the badland, this show is disaster; the fight scenes are cartoonish and the lead actor can't act and can't fight without cable, fx or doubles (some peoples dare to call daniel wu a martial artist lol; see his work in China) ; and that not something I want to see for Iron Fist; the same thing for the Raid, the movies have very good stunts, but really mediocre/so-so fight sequences, they just move their arms and legs violently to prepare the next stunts, I'm happy that Marvel prefer more simple and authentic fight sequences.

NOW for this second season, I don't have seen that yet, but I have read some spoilers and see some fight scenes and I love that !!!! first that clear the budget is bigger and better, it was the BIG problem with the 1st season, the cinematography are better, the costume etc..., unlike what I read we have more the Danny Rand from Luke Cage season 2, I really like the progress he have done since season 1, in some way that make the first season more interesting; NOW, for the fight sequences, I really love them in this second season, that the Iron Fist I want to see; his fights are very cool and I find them here more direct for the character, more brutal, the choregraphy have done a really good job to give his own style to the Iron Fist show, different that what we have seen from Daredevil or Defenders; that been a long way for the character since the first season; really good job Marvel.

Now for the Spoilers

spoilers:
    I'm not a big fan to give too much screen time to Colleen and not enough to Danny, I'm curious to see that mysellf, but in some way it was already like that in comics; Iron Fist have never been a real solo book like Daredevil or spider-man imo; I think they prepare something like Defenders: heroes for hire; or daughters of the dragon, every characters have a boost, like Misty with his bionic arm; I think they want to give a special ability to her; so they have chosen to make her the descendant of an Iron Fist; I was little worried that they left Danny depowered, but at the ends he seem to have a big boost too with the powers from Orson; they seem to want to go very mystical for the next season; NOW I hope Marvel don't have chosen to do that by reaction to make the SJW happy, that wouldn't work.
    end of spoilers

So I'm really happy for this season, and to see that most peoples in various social media really enjoy Iron Fist now; except some "critics"; in general that really positives.
    Last edited by Bolo; 09-08-2018 at 05:22 AM.

6 episodes in and its leagues ahead of the first season. I hope Raven Meltzer sticks around for the next two seasons. He and Cheo Coker should team up for Heroes 4 Hire .

Danny's more improved as a character and more worth following now than last year.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-08-2018 at 07:58 AM.

Calling it now season 3 will be Legend Of Kora with Misty and Colleen. Just so Marvel/Disney can show how woke they are.

Possibly even Ward and Danny added into that mix to solidify it.