Page 165 of 178 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 2663
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I don't really get the complaints:

spoilers:

Danny defeats Davos twice in this story, but people are upset that Colleen with the power of the Iron Fist also defeats him?
    I feel like people upset that Danny was out of the action never read the Marvel Team Up story with Steel Serpent. That's exactly what happens. I also don't get why Iron Fist fans would be upset by the possibility of seeing Daughters of the Dragon. I figured, when he was injured, that was a natural place to go for a bit of time.
    I did not like the idea of Danny losing the Iron Fist to Colleen. I was worried it would mean that Danny was being written out of the show. Then they found a way to turn it on its head by the end. The reference to Orson Randall was great. I'm really curious to see where they're going. Maybe Orson can help Danny fully understand his role as the Iron Fist and allow him to return to what we want.
    end of spoilers

I was entertained with every episode this season. I'd probably put it in a comparable level to Jessica Jones season one, although it's certainly not really trying to say anything too profound.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    spoilers:
    That is exactly what happen. Colleen is the one who defeats Davos in the end. Danny spent most of the time on his ass. The guy who was supposed to be this bad ass martial artist who defeated a dragon is turned around and trained by the NYC dojo master. Yes, Colleen is Hand and has skill but come the freak on. The show is called IRON FIST, Danny Rand should have gotten more play.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's not what happened. Danny handed Davos his ass every time they fought. Danny beat him in the community center. Danny saved Colleen when Davos got up first and started absorbing the dragon. Danny was the one who kicked his ass at the end of the day. Colleen just reaped the award.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    spoilers:
    That's not what happened. Danny handed Davos his ass every time they fought. Danny beat him in the community center. Danny saved Colleen when Davos got up first and started absorbing the dragon. Danny was the one who kicked his ass at the end of the day. Colleen just reaped the award.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    FALSE. Each time Danny "beat" Davos in this season there was a component in the win that involved trickery. Sunlight, Slight of Hand then Drugged, and so on. Only for each time Davos to get away or leaving Danny worst of then when he started. EX: LEG BROKEN. While Colleen got the pure win through skill.

This who season Danny looked like a second rate chump than the man who supposedly stood up to a dragon and claimed the heart of Shao- Luo. At this point that whole line is a freaking joke. He probably was high on some ultra dank monk herbs, because it is very unbelievable that MCU Danny Rand could beat a dragon at all.
    end of spoilers
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Incredible Member

I think story should dictate season length. For example, THE DEFENDERS was great. There were no scenes that felt like padding to draw out the episode count. The second season of DAREDEVIL seemed way drawn out to me.

I have no problem with story dicated episode counts.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

spoilers:
    FALSE. Each time Danny "beat" Davos in this season there was a component in the win that involved trickery. Sunlight, Slight of Hand then Drugged, and so on. Only for each time Davos to get away or leaving Danny worst of then when he started. EX: LEG BROKEN. While Colleen got the pure win through skill.

This who season Danny looked like a second rate chump than the man who supposedly stood up to a dragon and claimed the heart of Shao- Luo. At this point that whole line is a freaking joke. He probably was high on some ultra dank monk herbs, because it is very unbelievable that MCU Danny Rand could beat a dragon at all.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Winning is winning. Taking advantage of the circumstances doesn't taint those victories. It's the smart thing to do. Danny had a specific endgoal with each fight with Davos. What you wanted Danny to do in the community center when his goal was to sedate Davos?
    end of spoilers

Also, please feel free to post this up anytime someone wants to bring up Marvel Team-Up as a reason you should accept Season 2 Trash:

Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Notice that the first Page COLLEEN even says that the Iron Fist is a mantel to be earned and proven if he is worthy of it. This season of Marvel's Iron Fist did nothing short of showing all the reasons MCU Iron Fist is nothing close to being worthy.

It would have been better if they just gave him a heroic death. Then have him be portrayed as some Milk Toast would be hero.

Heck, with Matt/Daredevil coming back he should literally look at Danny and say "What the hell man? Were you really not up to the job? What happen to the all that 'Child Born By Fire' talk?" .

I'm so disappointed. This has to be the first time I'm actually embarrassed of being a fan of Danny Rand.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 09-09-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Okay. I just finished all of the episodes. Here are my thoughts:

spoilers:
    Y'know, when I first read DragonsChi's spoiler, I was a little pissed. So Colleen gets the Iron Fist now? Hearing Danny say that Colleen should get the Iron Fist back in episode 8, I had a little lump in my throat. I think like a lot of IF fans, I'm still waiting for that really good Iron Fist story, especially with Netflix. Season 1 was bearable, but it had it's share of problems. Season 2 seemed to right the ship. All of those potential stories of Iron Fist, we could finally get them! But no, now Colleen is going to be the Iron Fist. So yeah I was pissed off for a while.

BUT................seeing Danny willingly say that Colleen should take the Iron Fist, saying that he's not ready...........................that was one of the greatest displays of character I ever saw from Danny. Showing humility, knowing that you're not ready, giving up power, that's what a true hero does. In that one scene, Danny proved how mature he was and for me REALLY put a definitive stamp on his character. That's the Danny I know. That's my hero.

There were strong shows of character throughout the series. Sure, Colleen, Misty, Davos, Typhoid Mary, they all get development. BUT, Danny definitely, DEFINITELY had a strong showing here. My fellow Iron Fist fans, don't let any critic tell you otherwise.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I don't really get the complaints:

spoilers:

Danny defeats Davos twice in this story, but people are upset that Colleen with the power of the Iron Fist also defeats him?
    I feel like people upset that Danny was out of the action never read the Marvel Team Up story with Steel Serpent. That's exactly what happens. I also don't get why Iron Fist fans would be upset by the possibility of seeing Daughters of the Dragon. I figured, when he was injured, that was a natural place to go for a bit of time.
    I did not like the idea of Danny losing the Iron Fist to Colleen. I was worried it would mean that Danny was being written out of the show. Then they found a way to turn it on its head by the end. The reference to Orson Randall was great. I'm really curious to see where they're going. Maybe Orson can help Danny fully understand his role as the Iron Fist and allow him to return to what we want.
    end of spoilers

I was entertained with every episode this season. I'd probably put it in a comparable level to Jessica Jones season one, although it's certainly not really trying to say anything too profound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Agreed with both of the sentiments here. spoilers:
    I was expecting Danny to be just a sideline character for the remainder of the series. I was really wrong. As was previously mentioned, he beat Davos in the community center. I don't see him using the drug as a cheat. A win is a win. Colleen didn't utterly defeat Davos by herself. Danny laid a couple of shots in there too and as was stated Colleen just reaped the reward. And that last scene he had with Davos, I liked that. I like how Danny is still trying to find himself, questioning his beliefs, and searching for new truths. Him using the guns in Japan, shooting his chi (which makes me think he got some of his Iron Fist powers back), shows he's using the Iron Fist in new and different ways, yet still keeping in line with the comics.

Speaking of which, oh god, I loved the references to Iron Fist lore here. Wu Aoshi, the Pirate Queen of Ping-Hai Bay (Quite honestly, I hope that this is made canon, and that Colleen is related to her). Colleen fusing her chi into her sword. Danny asking for Orson Rand and shooting his guns. (And if we really want to get nerdy, Typhoid Mary singing "Monday, Monday" totally had me geeking out!)

So all in all, quite honestly, this was a really great series. Oh, it was amazing. I think my standards are different since I don't watch much TV. It certainly has me looking forward to Iron Fist season 3 (where I am very sure that Danny will become whole and regain full control of the Iron Fist).
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Tien Long; 09-09-2018 at 01:18 PM.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    So does everyone like they did 10 episodes or do you think they should have stuck with the 13. I enjoyed the 10 I didn't feel anything feeling like filler or side tracking the main story I hope they make the other MCU Netflix shows 10 eps cause other than DD S1 and Jessica Jones S1 the other felt stretched out because they have to fit that run time, but this season of Iron Fist everything felt needed and stayed for the length it needed.
    I prefer the 10 episode format.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I think 10 was clearly an improvement. I think there are a lot of threads that need to be addressed in a season three, but would not have benefitted from three additional episodes this season.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

The guy playing Danny Rand in this Netflix show, remains the weakest link.

His fight sequences suck 100% and he brings nothing compelling to the proceedings.

The female characters on the other hand are all solid with incredible combat scenes and general characterisation across the board.

Colleen Wing solo combat against the Crane Sisters was super legit but the real highlights for me, were every scene featuring Mary.

That was love at first sight for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

His fight sequences suck 100% and he brings nothing compelling to the proceedings.

The female characters on the other hand are all solid with incredible combat scenes and general characterisation across the board.

Colleen Wing solo combat against the Crane Sisters was super legit but the real highlights for me, were every scene featuring Mary.

Maj, just to hear more of your thoughts on this season...if T'Challa had been playing the same beats as Iron Fist in this season with Okoye and Nakia in the roles of Misty and Colleen, would you have been happy with the final product? With Nakia claiming the role of Black Panther. With T'Challa being unable to defeat Davos/Killmonger and Nakia taking his power and/or throne with out going through the proper channels?

I have voiced my opinion very fourth right here but you are one of the most honest and yet elegant posters on this forum so if you would share how you would feel with the above question, I for one would greatly appreciate it.

BANNED

Maj, just to hear more of your thoughts on this season...if T'Challa had been playing the same beats as Iron Fist in this season with Okoye and Nakia in the roles of Misty and Colleen, would you have been happy with the final product? With Nakia claiming the role of Black Panther. With T'Challa being unable to defeat Davos/Killmonger and Nakia taking his power and/or throne with out going through the proper channels?

I have voiced my opinion very fourth right here but you are one of the most honest and yet elegant posters on this forum so if you would share how you would feel with the above question, I for one would greatly appreciate it.
    Brotha DragonsChi, going by the comments I've made as regards total nerfing of T'Challa and Wakanda in the BP solo book, most peeps would know how I feel about both seasons of Iron Fist on Netflix.

Right from day one, Finn Jones failed to embody the character of Danny Rand as established in existing IF lore. He was lacklustre in delivery and woefully inept for someone described as being one of the foremost Martial Arts practitioners in the MU/MCU.

But in all of this, who is most to blame?

I say the script writers, Director and whoever it was that decided to totally miscast the lead role in itself.

There is no justification for Danny to have been unable to ultimately defeated Davos because all in all, the hero is supposed to triumph after facing almost insurmountable odds.

In the end, the hero's narrative suffers immensely when writers/directors fail to recognise, respect or even understand the source material from which they draw inspiration.

The Danny Rand who appeared in Luke Cage Season 2, was completely absent from Iron Fist:Season 2 and that was as inexplicable as it was unfortunate. There was no evidence of character growth on Danny's part and when juxtaposed against the compelling arcs for everyone other than the central character, it's puzzling to say the least.

Coming away from IF: Season 2, I found myself more drawn to every character other than Danny Rand and that in itself, is a problem that Marvel really need to understand moving forward.

I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that practically every other fighter on the show, are all superior combatants to the supposed Living Weapon.

Finn Jones take on Danny Rand is pure milquetoast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

Don't know bro, but I've been cool with Finn playing Danny. Season 1, I had misgivings, mainly b/c of the white savior/Asian-American casting controversy as well as Danny being a bit too angry and headstrong. I could contextualize that last part due to the story. Danny was filled with anger and rage especially in his dealings with the Hand. But yeah, there was frustration.

Season 2 though, like I've said before, I really like Finn's performance. I honestly tried to see where Danny was weak here, but I couldn't. Again, he hits all the hero beats. I see moral complication, frustration with duty, and sticking to ethics. I was greatly surprised with Danny's show of humility in episode 8 as well as his compassion and yearning for new answers in episode 10. Plus, for me, Finn cuts a heroic look. There's a lot of meaning that he conveys in his face. Stern stuff. The fight scenes he had in the first episode, his fights with Davos, his fight with Colleen, all of those I think were well done. Now, it wasn't Jackie Chan quality, but it was certainly a step up from season 1. They seemed to be on the same level as Colleen's.

Other than that though, yeah, I agree with your sentinments. THe female characters were great in this series, on a number of levels. Fighting for one, cutting through the BS on another (Loved the way Colleen laid it all out during the dinner scene). Mary, oh yeah, sure, the way she vaciliated between her two personas, wow, Alice Eve really captured two very different people here.

So for me, Iron Fist season 2 was still a strong showing for Danny.

So, yeah, respectfully disagree.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."