Page 171 of 178 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 2663
    Spectacular Member

Iron Fist Respect thread

Not that anyone here really cares... But I am writing a Iron Fist Respect thread. I am currently reading through every comic of IF I can get my hands on.

So far I have gone through Marvel Premier, Iron Fist Vol 1 and Powerman and Iron Fist 48-60.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/iron-...hread-1974043/

Please subscribe to it. Give me some feedback. I might need some help with missing fights and feats as well later.
    Last edited by SlimJ87D; 09-18-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Ultimate Member

OK having finished IF Season 2, I'd give it a 7/10 myself:

-Danny's still the weakest main character on his own show, but he's a lot better than he was in Season 1 (although not as good as he was in LC Season 2).
    -Colleen continues to be awesome and I'm surprisingly ok with where they go with her at the end as she's more interesting than Danny anyway.
    -Misty and Ward were good.
    -Typhoid Mary was awesome and I so hope that we see more of her going forward (hopefully she pops up in Daredevil or even The Punisher at some point).
    -The action/fight scenes were much improved.
    -Etc.

Now for the downsides:

-Davos was kind of a meh baddie for me. Not awful, but nothing special either.
    -I never bought Joy's heel turn at the end of Season 1, and it still doesn't work for me here despite their attempts to explain it.
    -There were some pacing issues.
    -Etc.

So an improvement to be sure, but not perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

-Colleen continues to be awesome and I'm surprisingly ok with where they go with her at the end as she's more interesting than Danny anyway.
    Agreed. I basically watch this show for Colleen. Danny's that annoying guy who periodically blocks my view of the real star.

I had a chat with a coworker who told me he could take on Finn Jones. I had to remind him the difference between an actor and a fictional character in a superhero show.

Well, with this news of the new TV project by Marvel studios; I think Iron Fist, like all the Marvel tv show will have a relaunch in a few years after Netflix tv series will be finished, imho that probably the reason Feige have ignored the Marvel tv characters, he is probably already aware that Disney has this project; so I guess most peoples who are not happy with this version of Iron Fist would have very soon a new version.

I'm little confused about that, I really like the netflix shows, specially Daredevil, I like the adult theme etc..., but I think Disney is probably not too happy that they couldn't sell toys for Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Daredevil like for the other characters; specially Iron Fist, he could work very well for a large public with all the fantasy elements; I think that could be a motivation for Disney to try a relaunch.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/l...ce-1202947551/

In the article, they say that will have very big budget like the movies, I think that could be the chance for Iron Fist to have all the visual elements like the Dragons, Kun Lun etc..., again I like the second season of IF, and the Netflix shows in general, the adult them, the violence, the style etc..., but I'm curious to see these characters to be closer to the others heroes of the MCU; in some way the Netflix could have been a parenthese for these characters like the Marvel Knights label.
    Last edited by Bolo; 09-20-2018 at 08:27 AM.

Spectacular Member

The new Iron Fist: Phantom Limb was quite interesting. I would recommend a buy and read to support it.

It's not your usual Danny loses his chi and has to earn his way back. He has to fight a demon similar to the Iron Fist killer.

Fantastic Member

I wasn't impressed with season two of Iron Fist. For one, Danny was a supporting character in his own show. Two, the episodes were one big backdoor pilot to Daughters of The Dragon. Three, the threats weren't credible enough or interesting. There also wasn't enough emphasis into martial arts lore or eastern mysticism. Like season one, it had potential to be good but the writers fumbled the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post
    The new Iron Fist: Phantom Limb was quite interesting. I would recommend a buy and read to support it.

It's not your usual Danny loses his chi and has to earn his way back. He has to fight a demon similar to the Iron Fist killer.
    How about the artwork?
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

It's a terror story. :

terror.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    How about the artwork?
    Artwork is decent. Coloring is good.

You're getting two comics for $4.99.

Support the series guys or we won't get anymore iron fist.

I'll trade wait

Not a big fan of digital comics.

I enjoyed it. Definitely going for the horror genre, with art to match.

I thought the beginning, with the dropped boy, was an extremely interesting hook -- so much so that, if he never came back, I would've appreciated his impact on Danny.

Of course, his return made for a fun showdown.

I feel like anyone who enjoyed the Brisson run will enjoy this.

-Pav, who didn't expect we'd see you-know-who...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

So I have to ask because I just found out today he has a new series, does marvel digital series have anything to do with A Fresh Start? Basically is this in continuity?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    So I have to ask because I just found out today he has a new series, does marvel digital series have anything to do with A Fresh Start? Basically is this in continuity?
    I don't know if this, Jess or Luke books have anything to do with Fresh Start per se but yes, they're all in continuity.

I like physical comics, so I will pick up the tpb when it’s released. Amazon has it being released after the new year for $19.00.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!