Page 172 of 178 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 2663

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I don't know if this, Jess or Luke books have anything to do with Fresh Start per se but yes, they're all in continuity.
    That's good enough for me if they are all in continuity at least.

Mighty Member

Check out the article below on the current digital Phantom Limb story. Warning it does contain spoilers:

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-iron-fist-loses-hand/

Sounds horrible.

Sigh........why is it the only thing writers can think of now a days for Danny is for him to lose the Iron Fist?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Sigh........why is it the only thing writers can think of now a days for Danny is for him to lose the Iron Fist?
    Just like the only story writers can think of for Doctor Strange is to take away his capabilities for magic. It’s exhausting reading these stories in repeat

Why do they keep sticking bad artists on Danny's books? He's probably my favorite character in the entire Marvel U but I haven't been able to stomach any of his series' for years (solo, Powerman & Iron Fist, etc.) because the art is always so bad. It's frustrating as hell.

Phantom limb issue 1 was a decent start with some great horror moments. Im not really digging him loosing his powers so if he can still use them but differently that be great.

Danny needs a new direction tho. They gotta build him a life of his own.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-10-2018 at 02:57 PM.

Wow, they did it. They cancelled the show.

https://deadline.com/2018/10/marvel-...medium=twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post

Iron Fist is my favorite Marvel character and I had the huge sigh of relief when I read that article. It's sad but true. I would much rather the show die out then see it handled the way it was on Netflix. Hopefully, in the future Iron Fist will get another chance for it to shine on television with a different crew who can handle the property better.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 10-13-2018 at 04:03 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

That is genuinely surprising and sad. But the Deadline suggestion that the show might be shipped elsewhere is interesting. I can see that happening, judging by the way the official announcement was worded: they said Iron Fist is over on Netflix twice, and that he will live on somehow. It definitely sounds like there is a back up plan there coming from Disney.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-12-2018 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Iron Fist is my favorite Marvel character and I had the huge sigh of relief when I read that article. It's sad but true. I would much rather the show die out then see it handled the way it on Netflix. Hopefully, in the future Iron Fist will get another chance for the to shine on television with a different crew who can handle the property better.
    Yeah, I pretty much agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That is genuinely surprising and sad. But the Deadline suggestion that the show might be shipped elsewhere is interesting. I can see that happening, judging by the way the official announcement was worded: they said Iron Fist is over on Netflix twice, and that he will live on somehow. It definitely sounds like there is a back up plan there coming from Disney.
    The exact words from the Deadline article is that: "Of course, while out for the count at Netflix, the tale of billionaire Danny Rand and Colleen Wing may “live on,” to quote Friday’s statement, on other platforms. That “other” being the streaming service that Disney is expected to launch next year, which already has series on Marvel fan favorites Loki and the Scarlet Witch in the pipeline, with Tom Hiddleston and Elizabeth Olsen expect to reprise their big screen roles. I hear that while Marvel wanted Iron Fist to continue on Netflix, the parent company’s new rival to the streamer has put the idea of a resurrection in consideration"

So...it's sound like; that maybe Disney have new plans for the characters and don't want to continue with netflix ? the end quote specially sound weird: "While the series on Netflix has ended, the immortal Iron Fist will live on."; if that the case, DragonsChi and others Iron Fist fans should be extremely happy, because for Disney Streaming that not Marvel tv; but Marvel Studios themselves with Feige; that mean a very big budget comparable to the movies; from the previous article:

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/l...ce-1202947551/

"Moreover, though sources close to the production are staying mum on the cost of the programming, the budgets are expected to be hefty rivaling those of a major studio productions. Each series is expected to include six to eight episodes. Marvel Studios will produce the shows and Kevin Feige, the guru of all things MCU, is expected to take a hands-on role in their development."

That mean, if it's true, that Iron Fist will have the biggest second chance we could have hoped for, with big budget, fx, big dragons, Kunlun, long and awesome martials arts sequences, and without any doubt a new and fresh casting; I really hope that true, Disney streaming service need a maximum of news shows, and martial arts show like Shang Chi and Iron Fist (something like "Deadly hand of Kungfu"), could be extremely attractive; that also mean that the Dragon Colleen Wing from the season 2 will be reversed very soon, probably in Luke Cage season 3, Marvel Studios and Feige love to have the control; maybe not a reboot, because everything is connected, but clearly a strong relaunch (who will ignore the netflix shows).

That Funny I have talked about a relaunch for Disney in my previous post; that escalated very quickly.
    Last edited by Bolo; 10-13-2018 at 05:12 AM.

The saddest part for me is that after seeing this I’m not even upset. Iron First was the one I was most looking forward to, but it just seemed doomed from the start. Shame we only just got a tease of Orson though. That end scene did get me a bit excited.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-13-2018 at 05:21 AM.

While the series on Netflix has ended, the immortal Iron Fist will live on
    But will Danny be Iron Fist? That is by no means a given.

Fantastic Member

I'm not surprised considering that most of Season Two was a backdoor pilot for Daughters of The Dragon. I wouldn't be shocked if there's an announcement for a Daughters of The Dragon spin off or Heroes For Hire. The producers of Iron Fist didn't care for the title character. If you go back and rewatch season two most of the focus was on supporting characters and less on Danny Rand. The title character of the show should never be treated like an extra or a supporting player. Also, there was more kung fu talking and less kung fu fighting and they completely sidestepped and totally ignored the mysticism aspect of the character.

The treatment of Iron Fist in a way reminds me how TV Blade was treated when he only had one season on Spike TV.